Mod Name / Version:
Mambo UBB.threads Integration 1.0beta1 Description:
UBB.threads Integration is a package that allows you to run both Mambo Open Source 4.5 and UBB.threads 6.4 from the same user database. Users logged in to one system are also logged in to the other. It is also possible to comment on articles directly into the forum system, all or only selected content get their own threads when commented on. Working Under:
UBB.Threads 6.4 Mod Status:
Beta Any pre-requisites:
Mambo Open Source 4.5 1.0.8 Author(s):
chillin for some early code, all those who donated money tó get this done Files Altered:
addpost.php, login.php, logout.php, newuser.php New Files:
mambointegration.php + a whole lot of files for Mambo. Database Altered:
Please read the instructions
carefully before trying this out.
The Mambo Component containing all that is need for this integration can be downloaded from my site
There are changes needed to both Mambo and UBB.threads for this to work properly. I've tried to keep it to a minimum, and to make the changes easy to do to make it as easy as possible to install. Features:
Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
- Total user database integration between Mambo and UBB.threads.
- Article comment system that makes use of all UBB.threads posting features.
- Search Engine Friendly links for all Mambo parts.
- All language strings are separated into a language file for easy translation.
- Templates and CSS to easily change appearence of article comments and comment form.
- Automatic installation - When installing the component, as much as possible is automatically installed for you.
- Easily change the configuration via the administrator.
- Several modules available: Forum list, Private Messages, Latest Threads, Forum menu, Statistics
- Merge user databases if you already run Mambo or UBB.threads, or both.
- Some modules that use heavy MySQL queries caches information to disk to ease server load.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.
Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.