Like Post
If a specific post was interesting or useful to you, we recommend that you Like that post. It tells the post author, and others, that you found the information valuable. Clicking Like is another way to let others know that you enjoy it without leaving a comment.

Members Who Like This Post
Gizmo
Re: [7.4+] RSS Topic Creator v1.1 #323554 Oct 9th a 12:06 AM
by isaac
isaac
Sorry, I do not do support in private messaging. More people can benefit from a support reply by making it public, keeping related questions within the correct thread, and on the correct domain.

From your PM to me on UBBCentral.com:
Originally Posted by Mors
Hi Issac,

I did the 1.2 upgrade on the script and I finally figured out I needed to assign a posting user. I got all that setup including creating my new topic feeds table etc.. all that went great.

It's still not posting yet. If I had you look at things what would you want to charge ?

Don't have lots of time and willing to pay for your services :)

If you added cache_builders/rss_topic_creator.php to your footer file, the RSS feed will update when your page footer is viewed and the "Feed Update Interval" timer expires.

You can view ubbt_TOPIC_FEEDS to see what is/is not happening. I believe that if you set LAST_BUILD to 0, the script force itself to run again.

If nothing is populating the database, you may have any of the following issues.
1/ Source feed is ATOM and not RSS 2.0.
2/ Source feed has an error in it.
3/ Source feed is empty.
4/ You are using a bad URL.
5/ You missed part of the directions within the rss_topic_creator.txt documentation.
6/ You have not set a User ID that the feeds should be posted by.
7/ You have not set a forum to put the feeds in to.
8/ Your "Format Of The Posts" is empty or incorrect.
9/ The Topic Feed is not enabled.

TIP: Create an RSS TEST FORUM so you can repete your feed fetches until you have them displaying exactly as you desire. Then you can easily delete the entire forum and all of your test posts in a single swoop of deleting that entire forum. You can also prune your tests with Control Panel > Prune Threads.

But first things first, watch your ubbt_TOPIC_FEEDS database to see if it is getting populated upon 1/ refreshing of a forum page with a footer (usually category page is easiest to do) 2/ setting LAST_BUILD to 0 to the feed in the database.
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63