Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#82636 03/27/2002 9:41 AM
I started a topic here last night, it disappeared? Are there gremlins abound? confused

Sponsored Links
#82637 03/27/2002 9:50 AM
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
It needed to be removed due to the content of a reply to your post.

In generally discussions about other software packages do nothing but start flame wars here (or any other forum) so they wind up needing to be closed/removed.

Allen can address this thread more if need be. It was not due to your post, though.

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
#82638 03/27/2002 9:56 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Topics that compare UBB™ to competitive products generally speaking quickly degenerate into flame-fests.

This is a UBB™ based support site. Our users are UBB™ users, and are generally biased toward that product. In addition, many of them are not very familiar with the features, benefits and performance of other products.

Your topic was removed because it degenerated into a flame war and you can expect the other similar posts will be as well.

If you have feedback or comments for Infopop, I would recommend that you voice them on their forums. If you wish to discuss other products, I would recommend you visit their support sites.

Sorry your post got smoked, but some of the responses to it were going in a bad way.

#82639 03/27/2002 11:09 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
But we're always open to discussing the future of UBB smile

As we get ready for public beta, most of you have seen already what's coming in 6.3, so there's not a whole lot of secrets we'll be revealing smile

Search is much improved, being much faster and more accurate, with results linking to the actual post the searched-for words are in.

Avatars are now in the base code (I believe these are based on Open Topic's model)

Custom ranks based on posts (up to 15 of'm) are now in the base code - you can use html in them as well

You are now able to use alternate template sets and assign them to specific forums, this allows for a huge variety in the layout between your forums. Some made by JC are already included, we'll be making some as well smile

Many Many bugfixes have been included

There are some other improvements in the control panel that I guess I can save for later smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#82640 03/27/2002 11:16 AM
Ohhh, sorry guys, i did not mean it to end up like that frown I have been wondering whats been happening with the UBB, and IMO the rather disturbing amount of "board change overs" - good to hear that things are looking up for UBB smile

Sponsored Links
#82641 03/27/2002 11:44 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
What Infopop strives to do with UBB™ is to provide a quality product that is stable.

New Features are added after going through a rigourous process of designing, implementing, testing, retesting, redesigning, etc.

All of us expect big things from UBB™ down the road, and know that "must-have" features probably will be implemented at some point. Until then, there is a large dev community dedicated to finding interim solutions and building upon the base code.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63