Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This coming Saturday we'll be having the 4th Annual UBBDev Roadtrip and be attending a game between the Texas Rangers and the soon-to-be-whupped Boston RedSox. It's at 7:05pm CST.

Please post here if you plan to attend and we'll see about getting tickets in close seats. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
quote:
I doubt it wink

My ticket is First Row, 3rd Seat on the blue couch infront of my T.V.

Whoever goes should hold up a sign that says

"TEAM UBBDEV!!" heh..
or
"WE LOVE YOU BOOKIE!!" tipsy

Wish i could go, but its too far away frown

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Bookie - ]

scattermidget
scattermidget
I be goin'!! Whooohoo, my first ballgame and I get to see the RedSox get whooped!! tipsy

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Yay, I love Fenway Franks...

Oh wait, is this game in Texas? wink

laugh

-Tacks

Artist
Artist
You see, what you do, is hold a massive sign saying 'Sportscenter is next' and then ESPN'll focus in on that and then when they do, quickly turn the sign around where it says 'UBBdev.com'. This works if ESPN are covering the game. I see it all the time over here.

As for actually going to the game, I wish I could, but that would mean spending £1000 on my first class seats to the US. So, it's out of the question.

How about we have a regional UBBdev roadtrip? Maybe European UBB'ers could travel to Scotland tomorrow night for the Celtic game...

OK no? alright then

/back to sleep.

Your talent is God's gift to you.
What you do with it is your gift back to God.
Sponsored Links
Yeah, my wife and I are going to this game. It's a season ticket game of ours. Have these tickets been bought yet? If so, where are they?

What's interesting is that this is supposed to be the game that Pedro comes off the disabled list. Oh joy if you're a Rangers fan. smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
we haven't gotten them yet Joe, we wanted to see who might wanna go and meet us there... about what section are you and your wife gonna be in? We can try for something similar... smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Old Hand
Old Hand
I'm going to see the Giants play the Diamondbacks on Sep 5. It'll be my first trip to PacBell park. Woohoo!

quote:
We're in Section 326 Row 5. Those price seats are $16 at the gate. I run a fan site for the Texas Rangers - go here: http://rangers.siegler.net

If you pick "TBIA" from the left menu, and then pick "Virtual Seat Selector", you can see what the view is like from any section. Two years ago, I showed up at the ballpark 3 hrs before the game started, and walked the entire thing. Took a picture from every section so I can do this seating chart thing. smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Pretty nice Joe, those seats are high up, but still with a good view... we'll aim for those then smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Artist
Artist
quote:
Crap man, your so lucky, I always wanted to go there. That's the field beside the ocean rite?

Yeah, if you go back to the seat selector, and look at hte ones in the lower bowl, they're $40 a seat.

The ones I sit in have an advantage. There's a nice breeze that goes through there usually - the lower decks don't get that breeze hardly at all. Ever since they added a full season ticket holder's club behind home plate, it's changed the wind dynamics in there.

Which city is it in?

I live right by you Allen, but I do not know how to get to Texas from Arkansas. frown So, I do not think I will be attending.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Arlington... between Fort Worth and Dallas smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Ell Offline
*feels left out*

That's it! Cal! Sal! Get your arses in gear! We're having another UK-UBBDev trip REAL soon!

Artist
Artist
*cough*

Was listening to the Ranger game tonight, thought I'd mention this..

For the rest of the homestand, which includes the game you want to go to, you can get buy 1 get 1 free with proof of purchases from Dannon Yogurt Snack packs. They said you can get more info from 817-273-5100.

I don't usually buy single game tickets because of my season ticekts, so I don't know what the conditions are if you have to do that at the gate, or if you can do it on the phone.

I'll look for ya on TV smile

I'd be there except for three things: 1) I have band all that day, 2) I don't have enough cash to do that and my parents would have to go to, and 3) It's a 6 hour drive laugh

-Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups.
Moderator / Template Diva
Hmm, this sounds fun. smile There are a couple problems that I need to work out, though, if I'm gonna be able to come...

Saturday is the finale day of this "Welcome Week" thing for Freshman. According to the schedule, it looks like the only thing I'm gonna miss is the talent show and some kind of special dinner thing. I'm not sure whether those are required or not. I'm gonna talk to my RA as soon as he gets back, and ask him whether I'm gonna be able to miss the stuff, etc...

And it's also a three hour drive for me (thus saith Mapquest). If the ballgame ends at 11 or so, that would put me back home two hours after curfew, which is another thing I'll have to talk to my RA about. Not sure what the consequences for skipping curfew are, or if I can alleviate them by prearrangement, or whatever.

I'll report back as soon as I get either clearance or shot down by Matthew. I'm sorry we never got to do it while I was in Houston still, hopefully we'll be able to make this one work. laugh

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Scorp,

I'll give you a real College Orientation:

quote:
First thing you will find out is that every meal at the dining commons is special in its own way.

quote:
Yes, I'm sure *every* student is going to go to *every* event...just like they go to *every* class once the semester rolls around. I remember during orientation skipping the boring sessions and breaking into each dorm to figure out which were the coolest ones.

quote:
Curfews?!? You will have to learn many stealth ninja techniques, such as how to sneak out, and how to sneak friends and beer kegs in. Remember this...stairwells and doors to them are your friends.

quote:
Not sure what it is these days, but I think they call your parents, take away your tv priviledges and send you to bed without dessert. Seriously though...what can they really do to you.

quote:
Matthew Shmathew, I bet he'd like to go to the game too....There must be a thousand excuses you can come up with...

Thank you all for listening...enjoy your stay at the University...and Mr. Colley, no playing Football in the hallways please.

laugh

-Tacks

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for me if that makes ya feel any better, otherwise it wouldn't be a roadtrip... wink

We'll need to know by Thursday afternoon so we can get decent tickets if at all possible smile In Joe's section too... and one of us'll call too about the buy-one-get-one deal as well. Everyone that can make the trip is welcome to, just let us know so we can check on tickets.

For those who like to plan ahead (and get cheaper air tickets) we'll definitely be meeting at South-By-Southwest again this coming Spring in Austin. It may or may not be the very next thing, but it will be one of them.

http://www.sxsw.org/

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Moderator / Fish
Moderator / Fish
quote:
hehe, I say we arrange crash in on their ballgame wink
mmmm carnage laugh

I found out about another deal..

If you call up the ticket office and say "Family First", you can get $16 tickets (up where I am) for $8. It's part of a local promotion for WFAA Channel 8 TV here in the area.

It's actually good for all upper level tickets, but I believe you can use it for the $16 tickets in my area to get 'em for half price.

Here, check it out.

http://www.rangers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/ticketing/tex_ticket_specials.jsp?club_context=tex

Sorry, guys, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it this weekend. Almost any other weekend would be great, because I won't have anything to do, and could just sign out for the weekend and not worry about curfew. But there is some stuff that wasn't on the schedule that I have to do, and the curfew thing still kinda bugs me, so I'm not gonna be able to come.

If you plan one for a couple weekends from now when everything here settles down, it will be all good. But now isn't a good time. Sorry. frown

---Skorpion

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
rats... there's still a few left, tho we'll need to get them in during September, I don't think the Rangers will be playing much in October wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
scattermidget
scattermidget
Aw, sorry to hear that Skorp. But another time, definitely. Besides, Dallas has a couple entertainment possibilities other than baseball. Hard to believe, I know, but... laugh

quote:
The most important of which, IMHO, would be the four Chipotle's. One of them is only 24 minutes from The Ballpark, so that will be a fun side-trip for me, at least. Chipotle's are, unfortunately, nonexistant in my little college town, so I will learn to relish trips to Dallas, Houston, or KC! laugh

---Skorpion

Well, what happened? You guys going to the game? I'm in Sec 325, Row 5, Seats 17 & 18 (end of row).

scattermidget
scattermidget
We have tickets in row 20, same section. After the game starts, we'll move down if possible smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
oh really... wink

Well... the longest game in Texas Ranger history is finally over and Navaho is prolly still cryin in his beer somewhere... if he drank laugh 18 innings and more than 6 hours of playing to send them damn yankees..errrr... red sox back where they came from in grand style wink I'll post a few pictures later when my eyes start working again smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Ah crap. I did say 325 Allen. That's my fault. I was 326. I'm sorry about that. frown

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Where did you get that picture from? smile I had just uploaded these to the site:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think "the grownup" had her heels on for that picture laugh We didn't look too bad for 6+ hours at a windblowing game living on Diet Dr. Pepper and hot dogs smile

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
quote:
well yeah, i'm sure she wanted more than the sunglasses on top of her head to appear on the photo

/me ducks

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
Allen, how bad did the other picture turn out with the ballpark behind us? Was it too dark to be used?

Oh, and that picture came from the AP sports wire. That's where I get a lot of pics for my Rangers fan site.

http://rangers.siegler.net

That will have a writeup of the weekend's games once I get a chance to update my site for that.

scattermidget
scattermidget
quote:
Bwahahaha! Yeah, Joe's wife taking the photo: "I have to back up to get her head in there." :rolleyes:

laugh

To all the people that expressed doubt about the Rangers winning against the RedSox, I very gently and sincerely would like to express a NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA, NYA.

Heheh - my first baseball game ever: "Um, 18 innings, is that normal?" confused

Fun time. Nice to have met you Joe! (Oh, and you did say sec. 326 on the first page of this thread.) smile

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
quote:
No, most are less, but still *seem* to be that long laugh

-Tacks

Developer
Developer
lol, crap, im not driving about 2 days straight to get to a baseball game. i'll watch you guys on tv. smile have fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63