Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Read the topic, what are everyone's opinions on them?

I honestly believe they should stay for a little bit longer. UBB 6 was just released and is full of bugs. But, oh well.

~The Man is Back!~
Sponsored Links
quote:
[ April 01, 2001: Message edited by: MasterMind ]

Maybe... maybe.. its another April's Fool trick?? *hopes*

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..
quote:
No trick my friend. version 5 support has been discontinued; to receive support visit the ubb forums.

Yep, all done and over with v5, please no arguments or anything, just accept it and upgrade tipsy

Sponsored Links
this is stupid!!!

many people use ubb 5x!!!! i use it! i aint upgrading to ubb6 cuz i AM not installing all the ****ing hacks again!
there are loads of ****ing people who use ubb 5x and discontinuing support of ubb5x is stupid! for one i am not coming here again! this is the worst ****ing mistake u ever ****ing made! mad
personally i hope you ****ing die.

Your posting rights will be removed.
If you have any questions about when i plan to die PM me.

-MM-

Ell Offline
quote:
ROTFLMAO. laugh

Cyberbug: Be aware that if MasterMind does die, he may be a little slow in answering the PM. smile

Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Cyberbug8472, it serves no purpose to swear, yell, scream and harass the moderators here. UBBDEV's will not support version 5.xx because we need to devote time and energy toward the newest IP version of UBB, v6.

A decision has been made and nothing you say will change that. Infopop will offer support for a limited time if you need assistance.

- Deb
It makes me sad when people are like this.. frown..

Sponsored Links
Can you say...Loss of Statistics? Look at the difference with 5x support in your WebTrends report and without. See the traffic difference? I would leave the forums up there , I mean .. Why take em down , they biting you?

-Ghoste

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: Ghoste ]

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: Ghoste ]

Quite simply, it's impossible for one site with a relatively small staff to devote the kind of time and attention that the users here deserve to both supporting, creating, testing and developing v6.0 hacks, and continuing to support v5.xx hacks. As a site, the decision was made to concentrate on version 6 support, and to give 100% of our energies to that. I actually fail to see a large problem here, given that most people who have and are keeping version 5 forums are people who have had them for some time now, and are choosing to keep them, ie the kind of people who already have done whatever they wanted to or needed to to their forums. I would say that 90% of those people therefore don't really need our support. New ubb users will obviously be using version 6, unless they got their copy of UBB5.x illegally, so they won't have a problem with the discontinuation of v5.xx.

As far as hits and statistics go, I believe as a site we are continuing to grow, change, and improve. The dedication to version 6 can only complement that growth.

Thank you for your concerns, however, this is a pointless discussion, since the decision has been made, and will not be changed, no matter how many irate comments are received. Those of you who have supported us in the past did so for a reason, hopefully something to do with the quality of the support you received here. That quality has not, and will not change, except for the better.

quote:
the thing i find discouraging is the database is down also! if you are going to close the 5.X forums, atleast keep the documentation and hacks around! if need to be i will open a section on my UBB 5.X for hacks regarding to 5.X users ONLY! dont throw the hacks away, please keep them open for people like myself to download!

wondering why you dont keep the 5.X section open, but not worry about offering support for questions posted.
chris laugh

Imagine for a second if we did that, kept the database.. Now imagine someone downloading and installing one of those hacks.. Imagine them having problems with it.. imagine them saying "Hey, I need help with this.. why aren't you helping me? You have the hacks there on the site, why don't you support them".. Imagine that happening every single time someone downloaded one of those hacks..

Exactly.. there would be riots..

I'm leaving this topic open because I know quite a few people probably have things to say on this subject, but please understand, we're trying to do what's best for the site, and for everyone involved, including the users.. By devoting our time and energy towards v6, we're going to be doing a great job with everything we have planned for that. v5 is our past, v6 is the future smile

let me re-phrase my earlier post a little. Keep the 5.X threads alive, and the database with the 5.X hacks open, but everywhere list a clearly stated disclaimer that NO SUPPORT is given from forum admins on any versions lower then 6.X! ALL questions relating to ver 5.X boards are open to responces from viewers and users of 5.X boards and all results and/or problems from the responces recived are not from ubbdev.com! (or something along the lines of)

OR... i can give you access to my ftp site which has more then enough room for the hacks you have in your database. if you want to rid them from your servers, please send the apparent burden to me!

thanks
chris

It would still require the active efforts of the moderators involved.

Please, look, no matter what you say, or your opinions on this matter, the simple fact is that the decision has been made and is not up for negotiation.

Isnt it what the visitors want , not the website administrators?

Simple Question..

-Ghoste

quote:
I WILL START A FORUM FOR UBB Ver 5.Xjust send me EVERYTHING you have!

one persons trash is another persons treasure!
chris laugh

Ok, enough already.

I think everything that needs to be said on this particular subject has been said.

Thanks for your comments and support.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63