Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#63148 04/30/2002 2:52 PM
I don't post much, but I do read alot. My site is located at http://www.thestockjournal.com/

One of the first mods I did was to implement the last post in the users profile.

Then I added a cookie (via another script) that lets you know on each of my pages if you're logged in or not.

I've also added the last post mod that puts selected posts from selected forums on the front page.

I've also used the stats hack which allows me to put some other decent information on my front page.

The site itself is plain, but we like it that way. Not too much hype, but allows our visitors to see what they need to.

I'd really like to have a site wide counter as I get quite a few hits site wide, but the UBB is just now starting to get noticed.

All I can really say is Thanks to everyone here for their valuable input. Especially those of you who are willing to put mods on your site that are still beta.

Will be adding the calendar hack in the next few days.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Am always open to suggestions and critisism.

I'm currently using UBB.classic 6.2.1.3

I'll help as much as I can, but please remember, I've learned everything I know almost overnight. I'm self taught in other words. You may want to get a second opinion on anything I say!

May God Bless you Always!
Sponsored Links
#63149 05/01/2002 12:28 AM
Old Hand
Old Hand
Interesting site. I like how you've incorporated the forum into the front page with the "Last Post" mod. The site looks clean and simple.

What I would change:

I would make the forum look more like the rest of the site. Add the menu to the left side. Add the header swoopy image as well.

Also, since you say the forum is just getting noticed, maybe make the "Message Board" link stand out somehow. Maybe with it's own section and sub-menu.

Keep up the good work. It will all pay off. laugh

#63150 05/01/2002 12:57 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, start with Stilgar's suggestions, they are some good ones smile

Just wanted to say howdy, I am up the road from you in Beaumont smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#63151 05/01/2002 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input and suggestions. I'm just finishing the calendar hack and it works great as well.

I'm about to make the board look like the rest of the site and we'll see how it looks.

I'll help as much as I can, but please remember, I've learned everything I know almost overnight. I'm self taught in other words. You may want to get a second opinion on anything I say!

#63152 05/01/2002 10:23 AM
Beaumont is great! We get over there quite a bit on our way to Florida. My job takes me there.

I've implemented the board to reflect the rest of our site, and only a couple of things bother me.

When I go to the main board Index page, everything really looks fine. Everything matches well enough that I couldn't complain.

There are just a couple of pages that look funny, but I think I can modify the template pages to customize just a little.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63