Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#62872 02/04/2002 4:00 AM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
when the next ubb competition and oh yeah, we have totally revamped our board. You will notice some cool new mods in it.... BUT!!!!! we are still working out the kinks as we add more stuff.. so forgive the mess!

Do feel free to comment tho smile http://www.hel-guild.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Sponsored Links
#62873 02/04/2002 6:49 AM
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
6.05 is old news wink

I like the way this site looks, including the updated calendar. smile Great job smile

#62874 02/04/2002 9:56 AM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Oh shush laugh , I know I need to update , but bloody infopop does not send me my lost license thru their 'lost account info email' thing. Maybe my email listed was of an old isp...(says it does but I dont receive the email)

I have to physically call them up...cuase I want to get that all php board* boy then can we rock the stuff, but upgrading ,Ouch!* -love php tho!

But we are play testing some new stuff.. I get around to upgrading soon.

What I am surprised about LK is that you did not break down all the stuff you dont like or like... come on , I value your opinion:)

#62875 02/04/2002 10:02 AM
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Ok, if you really wanna know.. wink

1. The moving titles (my profiles, faq, private, about, roster, news, gallery, links, search, calendar) aren't the best... Well, you know I hate Flash that isn't needed. smile

2. I don't like the 'new post' icon, I hate moving icons, and especially the ones that look like the 'old post' icon in some frames.

That's all for today wink

#62876 02/04/2002 10:25 AM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Okay The flash nav bar ..well bite me! Nah J/k ,lol

I was thinking the same, I dont like that flash bar much, but you know we have made some awesome flash stuff on that board in the past; so no I dont hate flash, I just think the one up there needs to go eventually...I like having the entire site accesiable from the board, but I am gonna remove that flash.

new post icons; I guess your talking about the skulls?.. they are temporary , gonna do them skulls in 3d.

You like all the 3d look we got btw? smile

Sponsored Links
#62877 02/04/2002 10:43 AM
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Yes, me likes 3D laugh

#62878 02/04/2002 11:28 AM
1. I think the top of your forums is too crammed up (There's just too much stuff in there calender ect..)

2. The moving header sucks IMO

Just my 2-cents tipsy

#62879 02/04/2002 2:04 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
3d is cool. Your calendar mod is sweet. And the flash header is a nifty idea in theory.

But in practice, that flash header just doesn't do it for me. So many other better ways to fill the space, even still with flash. Just not with that flash.

And i don't like the new colors either. The green/yellow would be ok if you'd taken it all the way, as would the red. But with the green/yellow and red, its like a very twisted christmas celebration or something.. wink

I really like the way your site used to look. Sorry, just my opinion. It was lots better then.

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#62880 02/04/2002 2:55 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Gonna remove that flash header soon, it was quick throw down , cuase guys did not want to access all the features by going back forth btween the main site and the board.

Yeah! I know I like the previous look too.. but the new colors once the new site update comes about..will flow into the site colors. just time for a change , we are still playing around with loads of custom mods , then we will start on the cosmetic thing.

I do love our calender.. like do all of you. well the ones who's opinion I care about wink j/k

#62881 02/04/2002 2:56 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
1. I think the top of your forums is too crammed up (There's just too much stuff in there calender ect..)

Just my 2-cents tipsy

Sice ure opinion comes so cheap- Its figures why it dont come with any class! smile

Sponsored Links
#62882 02/04/2002 6:25 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I'm not especially digging the colors, but the Calendar mod you got there is sweeet!! I like that a lot, nice board overall. smile

#62883 02/05/2002 12:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Asmo:
quote:
Originally posted by Drake:

Just my 2-cents tipsy

Sice ure opinion comes so cheap- Its figures why it dont come with any class! smile
LMAO Well I just told ya what i thought about your board... tipsy

#62884 02/05/2002 9:53 AM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Why have the 4 categories for the calendar/events when 3 of them say "not available"?

Also, why do you have to accuse someone of having no class when they presented you with an opinion that you practically begged for? If you visit a UBB centric site and ask for opinions you should be ready to accept what you get.

I really dislike the colors but that is a personal preference and you'll never please everybody, but I can't help but think that you could move some of that stuff to the bottom. at first glance you can't even tell that there is a UBB there until you scroll down. The calendar is nice but it would be better as a side bar rather than a totally page dominating feature. If you removed the "not available" tabbed features it would be as wide as a normal side menu anyway.

#62885 02/05/2002 12:23 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Notice my first post where I say its being worked on ala 'forgive the mess'. Not aviliable means -its being worked on.. 4 categories are there... but once again its being worked on.

You will notice we are working on a lot of stuff, lot of custom mods we are creating(trying to do it so we can give it all the guys in here too i.e integrate it with the CP), so I repeat- when ever you see on site not avialible- chances are they did not stick in there to look cute- its coming soon.. wink

The header has 2 redundant things on it.. the flash bar and then again almost all of the same links below the guild name. So thats go be cleaned out. The reason why you see all that cluster or it appears big is because you have the big image of the website award we got, takes up lenght... it will be cleaned up along with the 'just thrown in temp flash bar'.

Now to address your concern about my comment to drake, heh. Okay ... if I ever see the worst board on this site and if anyone asks for my opinion , I would give it; less words like 'sucks' etc..kind rude; thats what I mean by class.

There are guys in drones who come around asking me , to evaluate their website cause we win so many awards, and some them are horrific- but I never say 'well it sucks'.. I'll give them pointers , what I like or dislike, never be-little a persons work.

Look at the other posters , including yours... you made some great observations , without insulting the author. Its called being a critic but being classy about things...Not a tough concept laugh People have to be aware of the fact that its an opinion needed not a bash down.But I was just being scarsctic in my reply to him, no hard feelings...

regarding the colors , cant please all.. what matters is that my members love it,board is made for the board members and clients:)... its easy on the eye and if you go see any particular post you will see what we have done with the window which has replies or post text in it. Once again , it will flow with the site colors once or main page is revamped(almost finshed , we scrapped the one we had done).

Feel free to rip the board apart , like I said it's in stages not completed...I have no qualms about that.. I respect good posts and opinions. I learnt from you senior members past comments thru last 4 years of having UBB... always will be learning process

#62886 02/05/2002 5:07 PM
i don't like the turn these forums have taken, i liked them how they used to be better frown

#62887 02/05/2002 7:40 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Oh its just a slight misunderstanding.. plus I will take the blame for it, was in a pissy mood... luv yall all:D. We are all mature here..

Anywhoo, like I said you guys influence me a lot -I am upgrading to 6.2 and maybe revamp the colors... but I get to keep my calender - whooooo!

good day!

#62888 02/05/2002 8:49 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Sweetness man, good luck on the new look, may it be as good as the one that won you the Member Spotlihgt. smile

#62889 02/05/2002 10:06 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Originally posted by Asmo:

The reason why you see all that cluster or it appears big is because you have the big image of the website award we got, takes up lenght...

I know some other people with the same award, so I went over there and entered 2 of my sites just for fun and *BLAM* suddenly they were both award winners. Of course they followed it up with tons of e-mails trying to get me to buy the real awards.

#62890 02/05/2002 10:24 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Same here Xpert, I won that award like back in July when I first entered my site and I still get emails. mad frown

#62891 02/06/2002 11:02 AM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
wow! took me a year after I applied... u lucky bastards...

But then again we have had 20 awards in the last 5 years and I always chuck them away after sometime...

I know we are good at it:D..

BTW I was talking about the size of the award not the award itself , but thanks for letting me know , that they accept anyone and everyone.... smile

#62892 02/06/2002 11:57 AM
Asmo yeah we get your point, you think your website is the greatest thing going.

I have been reading UBBDEV for quite awhile now getting ideals for my upcoming site, and there alot of great posters on this board that supply alot of really good information. And them there other that have 33 post only telling everyone how great there site is, YEpee

You got a nice site, but there are a ton of awesome sites on here, and you don't see the other milking every thread about how great there site is.

#62893 02/06/2002 4:08 PM
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
huh? Geez.. where did you get that idea.. Infact I made fun of myself by saying they would give that award to anyone and everyone.LOL

Reading the ubb board for so long eh? and 'I' made you post for the very first time.. you registered just for me.. yippie:D.

Dude, dont read into too many things.. everyone is proud of their board and their site on this forum and rightly so... anyone who spends a decent amount of time should be .. thereall winners in here, attempting to only make UBB more and more popular!

Now before I make some never seen guys here accuse me of world war 4.. I'll be back with my update( darn backing up that board is soooo long)

P.S Kinda curious why you would put a fictious url in your profile;).

#62894 02/06/2002 5:02 PM
Now now. Asmo's got a right to be proud of his board, just like you've got a right to be proud of yours (if you have one). wink No need to get juvenile, people.

---Jamin

#62895 02/07/2002 7:02 AM
quote:

scratch and sniff here ---> ยท <---

no need to get juvenile eh peeps wink Well.. ermm.. well not all the time anyways tipsy

#62896 02/07/2002 12:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Savage:
quote:

scratch and sniff here ---> ยท <---

no need to get juvenile eh peeps wink Well.. ermm.. well not all the time anyways tipsy
:p

---Jamin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63