Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Well after working hard on this and learning a bit about working with variables while keeping the server happy I'm proud to unveil it to the public.

It took me forever but I found the locations for everything so i could put background images in every table cell, this will probably cause some odd side effects when I try amnd change the table cell color on mouseover (hypercells I guess they're called), but oh well.

Click Here to Go to the Arc forums

Actually since you've seen what I've done (so you should know what I can do) any suggestions would be welcomed, even if the implementation of such causes me to learn something. ^_~

Uh, I know I don't have very many avatars...but I'm low on space there my last host just keeled over so I'm "in-between" on netfirms (who really isn't a real host by any stretch of imagination) but I should be moving either today or tommorrow, please don't let that discourage you from visiting, all member files will come along too.

[ June 27, 2001 07:21 PM: Message edited by: tier lieder ]

Sponsored Links
I was wondering what the hell you did until I realized it was still version5;)

Just one suggestion. On the topic pages, shrink or remove that blue image at the top. It pushes over the reply buttons and links. Other than that it looks pretty good.:)

I can't shrink it on the reply pages because it is the exact size of my header table it's meant to be a background but I can't figure out which cgi page contains the template which generates the new threads or I would apply my header to that page too and have a good uniform look to it all.

If anyone knows which template page ubb5 uses to make new threads please let me know.

btw, yes i do use ubb 5, although i recently got my ubb liscense I have tried out ubb6.04 a bit and I found it a bit unstable (although the server was probably the cause of half the problems) I'm happy with my peachy and light ubb5.

I've basically forgot everything I've known about UBB5, but try postings.cgi?

I can say, pretty safely that's not it. I changed every header in that file.

Sponsored Links
Try ubb_library2.pl

yeah someone recommended that to me and i found the right part. and got my layout the way I wanted it, thanks.

I just thought I would point out that I changed the link there to reflect my new server bluedomino. I'm still waiting on my domain name though so I have so funky sub domain of a sub domains sub domain, but at least the adds are gone, they were getting on my nerves...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63