Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#60999 05/23/2001 10:38 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
Here I am again. The previous site flopped like a beached whale after the Exxon Valdez accident. But I'm back with a new site, hopefully one that will capture my interest a little bit longer. smile

http://www.se7enet.com

My first piece of Flash work (no comments from the peanut gallery), and my first *major* undertaking as far as modifying/hacking UBB goes. I've been working on this site for almost two months now, and I'm finally ready to release it to the public.

I would greatly appreciate any comments you have, positive or negative. (God knows I dish out enough negative comments to other people in this forum, so here's hoping I can take them back when they're moving the other way. ;))

Thanks in advance to all who look at it and offer comments/suggestions/questions/answers/compliments/etc. - sign up if you want, it'd be nice, and I bet you'll have a good time - well, hopefully. laugh

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Skorpion,

I would like to start off by saying that's a VERY sexy site! wink

Tips:

Shorten your intro flash animation (the 7 takes too long to zoom out and the title takes too long to zoom in)...by speeding up the animation you will give you "more impatient" viewers a better experience.

I think the layout is simple and offers up one hell of a complex ambiance to it! What's up with the Ricci image? hehe

I would also like to say that the forums layout is VERY clean, crisp, and sexy as well!

One more suggestion, you might want to remove the anti-aliasing on the "FORUMS" and "ABOUT" links at the top on the outter hypotenuse. wink

Overall I give it a 9 out of 10 for originality, structure, ambiance, and I will add it promptly to mah favs! Now just get some traffic on those boards and you're set!

Addict
Addict
The UBB looks outstanding Skorpion, I like the color scheme and layout alot. 10/10!

Old Hand
Old Hand
very, very nice. I have to agree with HalfBreed on the length of the intro. ALso, maybe the link back to the amin page at the bottom of the forums should bypass the intro. Just my opinion.

Sweet setup!

HalfBreed: Tomorrow, probably, I will be going back into the flash movie and redoing the link at the end to make it go directly to the news post instead of the redirector page. I'll up the framerate then. And, um, there already isn't any anti-aliasing on either of those links.

Stilgar: Good point, didn't even think about that. Will do tomorrow when I can see straight. smile

THanks, all, for the comments!! laugh

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
I agree with the well-wishes, Skorp. Let me say that I don't have a problem with the length of the Flash, but I would suggest coloring the "7" in the text logo as it is on the actual site, and trying to match the background colors of the flash and the page just a little tighter.

Great job, by the way. ^_^

R51

WOW! Looks Great! Here are a few things that i think where REALLY good, (everything was great)
  • The Way you edited the templates to make that cool look. Also the way that you did the "Powered By" and your copyright was very cool
  • The Blue eyed girl in the top right hand corner. she looks sweet.
  • The look logos, like the "email" ones, and the "pm" ones look very nice, and go well with the layout.

Alright thats my say.

pain is a necessary thing for success
mm skorp by anychance can u tell us how u made your forum description and mod column et cetera look like that?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! smile

Very nice work Skorpion

jeremiah
Alright...

Doubled the framerate on the intro, halved the time. Also made the background color #666666 to match the main site. The link at the end skips the interim page and goes straight to the news post.

The link up at the top now points to the forum home instead of the intro.

I tried making the 7 in the intro match the 7 in the site, but it kinda clashed with the grey and didn't look all that good.

Kuzco, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. wink Actually, I would kinda prefer to be unique for awhile. I may publish that template mod after awhile. If you're deadset on copying it, you'll have to figure it out for yourself, for the moment. smile

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
Looks great. I'd still change the "SE7ENET" link at the bottom to skip the into. Just my opinion.

sweet looking site!

Whoops, forgot about that one. smile Will get that fixed shortly.

---Skorpion

awwww ok skorp.. its to hard to copy.. i tried to do sumthin like that but i just messed it up smile but thank god i made backups smile ehh.. i dont really mind if u wanna be unique for a while or maybe a few ,months or so but just hope u release it.... im not a good cgi person anywayz. i just modify certain stuff and sometimes it turns out to look umm Ok.

Damn Dude! laugh The site looks great. I like the pic of Christina Ricci too. wink

Kahuna
Kahuna
awesome skorpion. Colors match well and the only complaint that i see is that on 800 x 600 resolution the top bar slightly extends beyond the page. But its only minor.

Other than that, good job!

.::First place winner in the June 2001 Member Spotlight ::.
.::Zelda Xtreme::.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63