Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
That looks pretty nice!! Very good design and colors and graphics, etc. Nice job!

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
that is one awesome forum.. wish mine could be as good

Thanks guys!

Dude, all I can say is that is one kick ass forum.:)

Can you give me the javascript info for the 'hovering links?'

Sponsored Links
Halfbreed I'm new to UBB but not new to webmastering and that is beautiful eek

Did you create all those graphics yourself? If not where can i find them! If so will you be releasing a template? Regardless, kudos to you.

Wow, thanks for the props guys.

I too am fairly new to the whole UBB scene..been in it about 6 months. I did make most of the graphics myself with the exception of the HAVOC logo which a friend of mine created and of course the avatars. Everything else is mine. =) My old boards are here: www.webdrenalin.com/ubbcgi/old_index.html

I wish I could say that I would release a template, but I can't even figure out where to begin. wink

If you guys have any feedback on what I can do to make it better, I would appreciate it. wink

[ May 20, 2001 01:42 AM: Message edited by: HalfBreed ]

scattermidget
scattermidget
Gorgeous board. smile

2 notes on making it better...
I notice you have that vertical alignment problem in threads, due to the avatars stretching the height of the left table cell. Take a look at this thread as a possible fix.

This is extremely minor, but in Mac IE 5, the "ubbfriend" icon & type doesn't line up with the rest, it's sticking to the left margin of the page.

Lastly, and here we're in the realm of pure subjectivity so take it or leave it :), I find the rollover color kinda shocking considering everything else is blue-gray. If it was me I'd go for yet another shade of blue-gray, to match the subtlety you've got going everywhere else.

More props: that metal-looking icon bar that heads each post is awesome. The forum summary is a total pleasure to look at. Kudos to your friend for that logo, as well.

Beautiful. smile

[ May 20, 2001 11:25 AM: Message edited by: scats ]

quote:

Thanks for the great comments scats. I have fixed the vert align problem, adjusted the color of the hyper cell..but I have been attempting to adjust the ubb friend (which i might turn off) and the "All times are Eastern" text at the bottom to NOT align up along the left margin, but no luck so far.

wink I'm glad everyone likes it.

[ May 20, 2001 07:32 PM: Message edited by: HalfBreed ]

scattermidget
scattermidget
Suh-weeeet! smile

A look at the source shows the table that contains ubbfriend & the prev/next button at right is not centered. If you can find where that html is output from and insert a < center > right before it, it'll do the trick. The Eastern time on the bottom is aligned correctly for me. smile

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
really like your site, HB, very nice on the eyes... got 2 opinions you can take or leave tho, it's up to you smile

It seems you mean for your ubb to be viewed in frames, as your main page opens up in frames, and when the links are clicked on for the forum, it opens in the frameset. Which is good, cuz judging by the forum alone, there's nothing else a part of your site, since there's no links to it.

1 - move your HAVOC logo up to the top frame and remove the Clan Havic logo, you have 2 logos across the top, 3 if you count the title as one as well. The middle one is much better than the top one, and "fits" better... your content will be up in the viewer's line of site much better... less scrolling down.

2 - the bars at the top of the posts in each thread... nice but visually they look out of place compared to the "relative" heaviness of the rest of the table structure... kinda "tacked on". IMO they would look nicer with a lighter touch on the border thickness, maybe even just a thin black line around them. The way they are now, there's nothing else that has the bright silver 3-4 pixel border with hard edges on it...

Anyways, did I mention I am jealous? tipsy I have seen some sites coming down the pike for the member spotlight, a couple of things could really make it stand up to the closer scrutiny coming for those klipsch 4.1's . wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Scats, I altered both the UBB Email and the Time zone..hehe both are fixed.

Allen,

thank you for the wonderful comments! *sniff* I'm working on the bars now, but the main site is sorta outta my control, hence when I submitted, I just submitted the boards. smile You can bet I am working on it though! wink I've also got some new stuff coming down the pipe...the custom stars that I originally made for post counts are going to be replaced with custom flash animated post status bars. We'll see how server load handles and what not. Plus we're working on redoing that main layout with Flash and integrate the boards a bit classier. wink

woot! HOH owns j00!

Hey Allen, when ya get a chance, take a look. wink I've altered the posting bars, let me know if ya dig it....it seems the users do. i was kinda of taking your idea and dissecting it a bit further to understand why the bar stood out so much. I tried to integrate the colors a bit and remove the convex area in the middle so that the icons (when applied with a drop shadow) would actually stand out more. I'm really in love with this design and my users have said nothing but good things about the color and new look! w00t! wink Thanks again!

[ May 21, 2001 01:37 AM: Message edited by: HalfBreed ]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
better, the color blends in better, still heavy on the thickness, but that's just my opinion... the front page and forum pages are really tight, the extra graphics (avatars, rank bars, and member info bars) on the thread pages seems a bit "oversized" in comparison, from an artistic viewpoint. But then, you aren't trying to impress artists, you are giving your users what they want, the whole idea...

I'd still work on the owners of the site about the logo, send'm a copy of this page, if you want. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Ok, so far I'm with ya here, but a couple of questions. One, when you state "oversized" I'm curious to know exactly where you stand on this as far as maybe some ideas conceptually of where you're trying to go. Secondly, I might have to redo the entire front page because the hourofhavoc.com main page was done by another member of the site and he holds the flash .fla file. smile I am however working on conceptual things that might help: http://www.webdrenalin.com/incoming/Menu.html

I am trying to get a feel of the whole integration piece of this, and it's difficult to do when you're spanning this across a phone line to someone that's lazy! LOL But we'll get there. He just needs to "_target" the forums link in the flash menu to a TOP frame. wink That shouldn't be too difficult...and if need be...i'll replace the menu all together.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I'd just like to echo all the good comments about your site. Great job! laugh

Thank you Stilgar! wink They go much appreciated.

Deeee-AM! That is one Bootilious forum!

I must agree with everyone else. It is SPIFFY!

quote:
hehe Thanks very much Edgar, some of us *ahem, cough* have put quite a bit of effort into them!

Nice! Gave me some ideas. laugh

quote:
Hey thanks cvalk! Glad I could help! /me snickers.

Hey Allen,

http://www.hourofhavoc.com/

When you get the chance. We've got the main page laid out a bit better..working on the menuing system now.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Much better HB...:)

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen, front page has been altered again.

News is up..Polls are working..everything is golden..

Now we need to work on the overlay on the front page. wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
nice...:) that nav menu is super-cool

when you get a chance, can you tell me how you fixed the smilie in the ubbnews bug? I'll update the download files with the bugfixes found so far...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen,
To fix the smilie issue, I added the following code within my news.shtml file in the header:

Code
code:

Hope that helps. As far as the site is concerned, I am in the process of coordinating a redesign of the nav menu and hopeful, tighter, integration with the entire site layout. Right now the main page is somewhat disconnected in terms of ambiatic structure, but I'm hoping we can push some major changes out over the next week or so to make it a heck of a lot more eye-appealing.

[ May 23, 2001 02:18 AM: Message edited by: HalfBreed ]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849