Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator / Template Diva
Here is the official thread where you can post your boards for inclusion in the April 2001 Member Spotlight Contest!

A special note about this contest and all future ones: from now on, we will NOT be accepting submissions for any 5.X boards. We are only accepting v6 submissions. If you do still use 5.X, feel free to post about it in a separate thread to get some feedback. But it cannot and will not be eligible for the Contest.

All submissions must be received by April 15, 2001.

After we (the staff) have voted on a winner, we will contact said winner with an interview, and that site and interview will be featured on the site. The second place site will also be interviewed. First and second place winners will be announced on April 25.

UPDATE: The winners will be announced in the premier issue of an upcoming feature to this site, the official UBBDev.com Ezine! The Monthly Contest is going to be wholly integrated into the ezine, and it will be one of the regular features. More info about the Ezine will be avaible in an upcoming post by Allen or one of the other administrators.

This month is also the start for the next six-month "big" contest: that is, the next six winners will be facing off to win a one-year upgrade to their UBB license.

To summarize the rules:
1. No 5.X boards will be accepted - only 6.X.
2. No staff members are eligible for entry into the contest.
3. Entries will be judged on creativity, design integration, graphics, colors, and the "quality of the member experience".
4. Entries must be received by April 15, 2001.

Well, that's about it. Let's see those submissions!! smile

---Skorpion

[ April 07, 2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Once again I will post my board. smile
http://www.gamerzparadize.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

http://www.411hype.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

it seems we get the same ppl enter each month!
lol!
good luck to all!

...vielleicht haben wir diesmal eine Chance wink !!!
http://www.anubisweb.de/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

PS: Plauder Board war das erste deutsche Board das hier für ein Award vor geschlagen wurde!!!

Kahuna
Kahuna
idn't it still a lil early for this contest? most of the hacks are all still in beta form.

hmm... well... are beta boards acceptible submissions? (like, if it works, but.. just not available for the posting public, other than the admin who is creating it)

Sponsored Links
drkknght, yes, most of the hacks are still in beta form. But there are several that are finalized, and even with betas you are provided a lot of room to customize your board already.

You may feel free to submit your board, provided that we (the staff here) have access to it so we can at least see it. Remember, though, that part of our evaluation scale is based on member experience, so you will definitely lose points in that department if it's not open to the general public.

---Skorpion

Kahuna
Kahuna
gotchya! ill probably just wait til next month.

thanks skorp! good luck others! and fear the future wrath of the dark knight!! bwah hah hah..cough...hah...

..doh...

Kahuna
Kahuna
Heres mine: http://www.zeldaglitches.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Good luck everyone.

[ April 07, 2001: Message edited by: Travis ]

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: Travis ]

.::First place winner in the June 2001 Member Spotlight ::.
.::Zelda Xtreme::.
When does judging start?
so i know how much time i got for perfecting?

Judging usually starts within a day or two after the deadline for submission. Because of our "deadline" for the ezine, this time it will probably begin asap so we can get the mag ready and out the door. smile So basically make sure it's done and ready by the 15th.

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
http://24.162.172.11/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Not much yet but hey i just got it up yesterday

PS: url might be moving to forums.insane-realms.com when the domain is ready

kool thanks skorpion

i guess its not FAIR ,, ubb6 still have bugs .. still not stable ,, every day we surprized with a new version .

you have to give a chance for the 5.x boards until infopop stop their hidden beta

http://tbof.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I just started it yesterday and have made a few changes and 2 more templates, One is specifically for one board the other is the default that includes the top sites and the Alliances I'm in. The One that has a template specifically made for doesn't have some of the color settings as the other boards.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Looking good so far... smile We may adjust the things we judge just slightly to account for good use of templates and plugins for v6.

Being this is the first one for v6, we expect that things will really not be hopping until next month, but I already see some good ones, nice work.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
The decision to not allow v5 boards was not taken lightly, and it was only after a significant amount of discussion on the subject that we came to the conclusion. The final conclusion we came to, was that since we were no longer offering v5 support forums here, it was rather unbalanced to allow it in the contest. We have since revoked the decision to remove the v5 support boards, at least until Infopop officially stops supporting it as well. However, we firmly believe that v6 is the future of UBB, and we are doing our best to promote it as such. Since this contest is about showing off the brightest, best, and newest methods of customization, we felt that v6 is the only way to go. For those and other reasons, we stand by our decision to not allow v5 boards in the contest.

If you really want to be included in the contest, you will have to upgrade to v6. It really isn't as bad as some people might have you think.

BTW, what "hidden beta" are you talking about?

---Skorpion

Old Hand
Old Hand
Well, this is my first attempt at entering one of these contests. What better time to release my new redesign. laugh

My site: http://www.marz.org

My forum: http://marz.org/cgi/mmartian/marzubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Our entry smile

http://forums.opentechsupport.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Just upgraded to 6.04 last night smile

okay then ill enter this one smile
http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

you guys accept people from other countries?

edit: enter before url bug

[ April 14, 2001 05:58 AM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]

MW Offline
http://forum.tibsun.com
I don't think mine will win since I've seen the others are so strong frown
Oh well...still i would want to try smile

quote:

Ummm .. Thats not right, I can careless about a contest but the fact that you are not offering support of 5x versions is ridiculous. I mean Thats like buying a 1997 Civic and not servicing it because its not a 2001.. As far as IM concerned it's not The Newest Technology that's the best its what you can do with the old. To exclude 5x versions from ubbdev is not right,, but do your thing. I guess I'll have to upgrade my board everytime you upgrade what's that 3 times a month, just last month you released 6 now you are on 6.04? lol ... and there isn't a big difference..

Ohhh by the way, Jigga-Master 411 always has the hottest looks, Nice job!!! The only thing im not feeling is the grays with the blues, but besides that Nice modification dunn..

quote:
If you'll notice, we have since readded forums for 5.X boards. And I mentioned that fact in my previous reply. So yes, we are supporting 5.X boards. And we will continue to provide this support until Infopop itself decides to discontinue supporting that series as well.

Since you seem to be so adamantly for the support of previous versions, please let me know if you see us or Infopop supporting any 4.X forums. Or 3.X, 2.X, or 1.X. They are considered simply too old to support. Soon 5.X support will go the same way as support for those other series - both here and at Scriptkeeper/Infopop. That is something you'll just have to understand. If you want continued support, you will have to upgrade to v6.

quote:
If you've installed a lot of hacks to your board, we fully sympathize with you as to why you don't want to upgrade every time a new version comes out. And we understand this and usually offer full support for semi-recent but maybe not the most recent versions. But if it's a clean install with no extra hacks, there's really no reason why you *shouldn't* upgrade when new versions come out. It's usually a matter of a dozen or so files that need to get uploaded again. Takes all of five minutes or so. And the difference between the versions are bug fixes and security fixes.

Yeah, there's not going to be earth-shattering new features in the little revision releases. If you expect any program to have those huge new features with all the minor versions, it's probably best that you stop buying programs at all. Because it simply won't happen. Doesn't matter if it's UBB or other forums software, Windows, Office, Photoshop, or even the little CD player program that you got three weeks ago from one of your friends who knows how to make CD players. You won't find groudbreaking new features in every little bitty release. Wait for new series starters or major versions (ie UBB 6.1).

---Skorpion

Skorpion, your a regular debater! Damn man!
Anyways, we support it but 6.x is the only allowed version in the contest. Sorry.

(Wait for 6.1.0, hopefully some new stuff in it)

No doubt, I see where you are coming from, but pretty soon infopop will continue to build and update new versions, but keep in mind to much is not always so good. I'm sure you can agree on that, but in regard to the contest, it truly shouldn't matter on the version, it's what you can do with it, and because infopop is not going to support this 5x version doesn't mean you should exclude them from your monthly contest because im not going to update until the 6.1 version is released or maybe even higher. I mean if I seen a 2x or 3x version looking better then a 6x version then im going to vote for the 2x version. That's all im trying to say, regardless UBBdev has helped me out a lot in the past, and is a great site, but it shouldn't matter on the version.

Anyway GOOD LUCK EVERYONE just voicing my opinion.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
You don't have to worry about voting at all, the member spotlight vote is private, and not for you. laugh

Since we are close to the deadline i also want to add our board ...

Tomorrow we have our birthday party for being 1 year (and one month) online ... and we hope everything will be almost ready by then ...

The name ... www.ukkepuk.com

the direct url to the forum is http://www.ukkepuk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi but it'snot recommanded to use this link since the look and feel is the frames one at www.ukkepuk.com

Unfortunatly it's all in dutch wink but for those of you who want's to know what it is all about ... babys !

The average age at ukkepuk is between -9 months and 5 years old ...

Greetz

Ukkepuk aka knuff.

OK, just a reminder that the period for accepting submissions is officially over. We will no longer be accepting any new submissions for this month's contest. If you want included, you'll have to wait till next month.

---Skorpion

kool smile
when will we know the results?

if i'm too late for april's spotlight, can i sign up for may's?
http://sk.wuggi.com
(if you're not redirected go to the one below) http://sk.wuggi.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I´m interested 2

Results should be available by the 25th of the month, when we release the first issue of the upcoming UBBDev E-Zine. smile

If you want to sign up for May's, you'll have to wait till we create the new topic. Repost in the new one we post. It gets too confusing having to harvest addresses from more than one thread. smile

---Skorpion

Kahuna
Kahuna
25th of this month and still no announcement, ahhh I hate waiting laugh

Old Hand
Old Hand
**Stilgar takes up a seat next to Travis and pulls out two cold ones**

Kahuna
Kahuna
/me begins to wonder if this is even the April Spotlight contest anymore tipsy

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[Linked Image]

Announcements should be up tonight.. a lot going on right now...:D

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
dumm di dumm *wait* laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63