Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58082 12/08/2005 3:41 PM
Id like to see a mod where depending on your average daily post and the total number of post, both values decide what your member status is by useing two words.

That was there could be a large number of combinatons of what the member titles could be, rather that stuff like junior member and so forth.

Dj Blair Q
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
So basically you have a two word title "junior" being one and "member" being the other; based on total activity ever is the first word; and based on recent activity is the second?

It'd be an interesting idea, but you leave yourself open for things to stop making sense wink

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Right, but the other way around... where the recent post number is the first word, and the total post number is the second word. This would make it sorta like one of those old mad-libs stories. The first world would be set as an adjective, and the second is a noun. So for example....:
Total Daily post:
1. Slacking
2. Lazy
3. Active
4. Busy
5. Hyper Active

Total Post:
100. Joker
200. Jack
300. Queen
400. King
500. Ace

So if i have a total of 245 posts, and only 3 posts for the day, my title would be "Active Jack". Something along these lines. And have at least 20 differant settings for each. Does this make more sence? This way each day your title could be differant.

Anyone care to take this challenge on? If you email me at [email protected] we can maybe work out a payment... im willing to give up some spare change to have this programed.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I'll see if Brett is able to take it on when he gets un-busy; i'll be busy for the next week or so due to surgery last night, "recoup" heh..

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Sponsored Links
IM realy in no hurry. Its a forum that me and my friends have had for years just to keep in touch with each other. And they are always looking for mods and ideas to make the forum more "us". So im in no hurry. But I wuld like to see this mod materialize. I'll bump the thread up every 7 days or so to see if anyone is up for the challenge. email me and let me know if anyone is willing to make this one for me.

Dj Blair Q
[email protected]

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Bumping will do no good, everyone here can see the request forum just fine, by spamming you're actually lible to get less of a response and quite lible to get the thread outright locked...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63