Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4605 10/30/2000 7:49 PM
Hey guys, as much of you guys know I'm an eXtreme Quake III Arena Player. Well I've made it in a clan called TwE (The Warriors Elite). We're making a web page for our clan, and I decided to help and contribute by making some graphics. Now you guys don't necessarily have to make the graphics, all I need is some brainstorming ideas on what to put in the images. Examples, aren't relly required though. Thank you so much guys...

Pyros

------------------
Quality Pages designing the world professional web pages for affordable prices.

Sponsored Links
#4606 10/31/2000 5:12 AM
After looking at QIIIA for a while on demo I decide to get me a copy of it and from what I have seen and played of it its not too bad a game although my main is UT...Q III is a dark and futuristic death match game with lots of browns and reds in the colours so there’s you basic colour scheme ... as far as graphics id suggest having a look in the installed folders as there are many of the players and bots already for you in there. A little touch up is needed but you can use them and create your self an intro shot across the top and maybe blending in some screen shots.

If your tabling it all the id suggest trying to get a texture from a screen shot and using it as a table background ...OH don’t for get the logo in my opinion top left of the screen rotating would look good [Linked Image]

------------------
WebMaster: -=DJ INDEGO=-
UBBDEV MODERATOR: UBB Styles and Graphics, Flash & Shockwave, ChitChat

#4607 10/31/2000 4:21 PM
Thanks for the tips DJ, but there are a few problems to this. First off, when Quake 3 is installed, the major files are inside PK3 files, most of these files are viewable using Winzip, but then when you get in PK3 files, some files are inside another set of QVM files, making it unreadable...
Great tips, I'll see what we'll be able to do.

Still liking UT better than Quake 3?
Well when it comes to Single Player, you're right about that, UT is definitley better in Single. But when you load up a multiplayer game, I guarentee you that you won't be able to remember what UT stands for.

LOL
[Linked Image]

Thanks again for da tips DJ....

------------------

#4608 10/31/2000 4:39 PM
I have to agree with DJ on this one. UT is a better all round game. More polished interface, better gameplay modes, and who really cares about single player (are you talking about bots?) in these two games. I've played a lot of both...and the sales figures show it's better too. [Linked Image] But, I digress...hey, I'm a gamer...couldn't ignore it.

------------------
Neal 'Thradar' Ulen
Webmaster www.gamerforums.net
www.moviefanonline.com

#4609 10/31/2000 4:44 PM
Surely your forgetting the #1 online game, Counter-strike, which incidentily, contains more players online than ALL other games put together.

Q3 and UT are old hat now! [Linked Image]

------------------
Sex is like software. It's better when its free!

Sponsored Links
#4610 10/31/2000 5:51 PM
hehe, gettin' a bit off topic here eh?
Anyways, yeah I respect your decisions on which games are best, truely we'll never know which game is really the BEST, as everyone has their own opinions. You've also got to remember that Counterstrike is free...All you need to have is Half-life, which is now old news...hehe (kiddin')

------------------

#4611 11/01/2000 6:17 AM
Pyros if you cant find the bots i was on about give us a bell on ICQ or my email as it may have been in the demo im not 100% certain now you say that but i know i had my hands on the maybe the help folder ... anyway if you cant get them ill send them over if you want

Does anyone here play Military games Like Covert Ops, Spec Ops, Delta Force 2 ?

------------------
WebMaster: -=DJ INDEGO=-
UBBDEV MODERATOR: UBB Styles and Graphics, Flash & Shockwave, ChitChat

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849