Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#42984 10/14/2000 5:51 AM
Hi there,

because we do have sometimes more than 30 users online and they's like to chat with each other without using the PrivateMessage or ICQ, I just installed a little Mod called 'ICU': It's based on the CYMPH1.5 and is some sort of 30second-refresh-Chat. Well, it's nearly the same like the PrivateMessage but without icons, without a message (the subject IS the message) and I'm going to use it via an auto-refresh JavaScript-PopUp. The messages are stored in an own folder and the send/receive-html-Pages are very simple. So, if you'd like to check it (it's just a beta I coded yesterday), drop me an EMAIL ([email protected]) and I'll send you a testaccount.

I'm also going to include a check-routine (like the privateMessage-Check) in Ultimate.cgi so the ICU-window appears if you have NEW 'messages' there.

I'm sure that this hack will increase the traffic on my site and is an very attractive feature, like a board-internal ICQ [Linked Image] Some users who tested it some minutes ago LOVE it...

Thanks for the PrivateMessageHack, I hope that noone is angry that I used it for 'ICU' [Linked Image]

chris http://technoforum.de
p.s. nope, it isn't installed yet on the site.

Sponsored Links
#42985 10/14/2000 8:04 AM
I like your Hack its working great,

Let us know when you release the hack please

------------------

I got also UBB hacks database

This message has been edited by -=SpAwN=- on October 14, 2000 at 08:08 AM

#42986 10/17/2000 6:41 PM
Hihi, i installed the 'Icu 0.9' 2day and the database seemed to explode - the users love it, although it's really simple to use and it has no features like smilies, the codebuttons or whatever. just a simple text-base-talk, based on the privateMessageSystem with an auto-refresh...
You might give it a try? The instructions: go to my site, open the forum by klicking on the 'black man', then klick on the 'ICU'-textButton right after the 'online.gif". A new PopUp will appear. Left (neue ..) you can write yourself a new test-message, on the right you can have a look at your Inbox. To reply just klick on the message [Linked Image]
http://technoforum.de
> technoforum
> 'forum' (left navigation-bar) or klick on the 'black man' in the right frame
> go to icu, use this account:
username 'icu', password 'hbS89w'

have fun [Linked Image]
it's just a little .. err... let's say, tool [Linked Image]
chris

#42987 10/17/2000 7:08 PM
Hmm..sounds like one very interesting hack you've created there techno. This would probably make a great addition to those larger ubbs out there, who ususally have 10 or more online members. Great work!

------------------
Quality Pages designing the world professional web pages for affordable prices.

#42988 10/18/2000 1:13 AM
Addict
Addict
Is this creating a cgi page every time to hold the message? If so your isp is going to shoot you..LOL

Just Curious..

------------------

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
#42989 10/19/2000 10:06 AM
Is this available for download somewhere?

Parker

#42990 10/19/2000 11:04 AM
it's not yet available - the ICUversion i created is in german language only and there's a little bug: when replying to a user you have to type in his username again, so i have to make some changes to the script; as well i'm going to include a routine which checks for new ICUs (since last login); I'd also like to include a cgi.routine to my who's-online.cgi so you may send the users a message by klicking on a special button @ the who'sOnline-List. as you see, this is just a beta - in case that more users from ubbdev.com are interested in, i'm going to finish it very soon - otherwise it stays a beta, because it's just a little hack i wrote for my own and i'm not really into perl/cgi-scripting: so version1.0 would be some hard work for me [Linked Image] let me know what u think about it..!
best regards,
chris http://technoforum.de

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63