Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hmmm.. that does turn it back into a comma separated list, but doesn't count up the guests like I had wished. (twice, Dave, Fleabo, and 3 Guests)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Open up "ubb_library.pl" and skip down to the "GetOnlineUsers" subroutine and remove the following line:

Code
code:

Then, find:

chomp($OnlineUsers);
chomp($OnlineUsers);

and add this right before them:

Code
code:

It should now work like you want... and I've updated my install instructions to include this as well!

Well, it's not working all that well, the plural portion is all wacky, and the commas are where they shouldn't be. And for guests, it shows "23.35.345.90.guest and 1 guests," when there's a member and a guest.

I'm not sure what happened. Thanks for your help, but I think I'll revert back to your original script and have the $OnlineUserMsg show up instead.

-2-

Oops, sorry about that, I missed one thing. To clear the problem up I would suggest replacing the "WriteUserSession" and the "GetOnlineUsers" subroutines in ubb_library.pl with the ones in my install instructions. I found a bug that the comma seperated list was showing invisible users too. That has been corrected as well! After doing all that you should be able to use the $OnlineUsers variable... I tried it out on my board and it seems to work.

I have Dave's new online.cgi and updated the other CGIs with his new code. I can not get the invisible users to not show, they are not invisible. I think it has something to do with the cookie not getting the info so the new cgi's can process it.

Any help would be appreciated. Here's my board so you can see what I have. http://24.13.120.101/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network
http://musicglobalnetwork.com

Sponsored Links
am I missing something or did my code not work?

Mutt,

I think you only elude to it. I have not seen any code by you that specifically updates the cookie file to make the invisible mode work.

I figured it out. Where the below code in ubbmisc.cgi says "Signature" it should be changed to "invisible".

var Signature2 = escape("$in{'Signature'}");document.cookie = "Signature=" + Signature2 + ";expires=" + expireDate.toGMTString() + ";$ExtraInfo";

I wish Dave would include the fix in his "whoonline.txt" file to make this complete. By the way I notice that Dave is using a value of "0" and "1" in the cookie file instead of "yes" and "no". Is this part of the hack still being tweaked?

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

for some reason my UBB isn't storing the cookies properly so it's always showing "guest" on my Ultimate.cgi. The online.cgi shows "Guest #1 (209.240.200.85)".
Any ideas on this one?
Here's my site: http://www.huntingpa.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi
Thanks in advance for any help.

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
1) Check your browser is set to accept cookies
2) Trash your cookies in preferences

If that doesn't help, then post again...

Just a thought [Linked Image]

This is really weird. I have the invisible preference set, my cookie has a "yes" value for invisible set, and when I look at the online users from another pc I can see the other users that are suppose to be invisible. The user has an .inv extention after their user name. I can not look at their profile, but I can see what page they are on.

BTW, the other PC I am on is set up with a regular user account with "no" moderator or administrative privledges.

Why are invisible users being shown? The onlineusermsg variable works great and says how many invisible users are there.

Again, here is my board. http://24.13.120.101/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Sponsored Links
It does populate my username and PW when I post or reply to a topic, but it still shows "guest" in the "users online" unless I post something.

Is there a way to turn off the IP in online.cgi?

BTW: All cookies were removed, browser shut down, cookies reset.

------------------
William Smith
HuntingPA

Michael,

Do you have the latest version of the "online.cgi" script? I'm not sure why you would see the inivisble people... are they showing up with the (invisible) after their name or "name.inv".

Also, how did you know I was using 0 or 1 for my invisible cookies (which I am)? The install instructions are for using "yes" and "no".

WillSmith,

After you delete cookies and reset them, your cookie file will not contain the USERNAME and PASSWORD. Once you post the Cookie file is updated with the USERNAME and PASSWORD and you will no longer be a guest. I agree this is annoying since many registered users will show as a guest.

To get rid of the IP Display

Open Online.cgi

Find:

$username = "Guest #". "$guest_counter ($username)";

Replace with:

$username = "Guest #". "$guest_counter";

Now will someone please help me with my invisible problem...please [Linked Image]

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

That is why I set the default on my boards to store the username and password for a year. I also added a "login/logout" system that basically just sets and unsets the username and password cookies.

quote:
Hi Dave,

I downloaded your new instructions and new online.cgi file last night around 7pm. I see name.inv

I know you use "0" and "1" because I opened an account on your board and looked at my cookie file [Linked Image]

I sure would appreciate your help, this hack is getting cooler and cooler by the minute.

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

C R A P!!!!

I can't believe what happened. I had my "online.txt" file linked to my live "online.cgi" file. Somehow the link got broken and turned into a regular file.
Grab the new version and the problem of people showing up as "username.inv" should go away.

Sorry about that!!! You'll notice the new version resolves the IP addresses as well.

Also, any other ideas for this script???

Ssswwwweeeeet! It works now baby! Thank you so much.

The only suggestion I can think of right now is to add appropriate code in your whosonline.txt file so that the cookie file gets updated with the invisible feature. (see above post to mutt). Until you add that, the preferences will only allow you to turn invisible on and off, but will not process it.

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

I just thought of a feature that should be pretty easy. How about if there was a selection in online.cgi where you can make it so only Admins/Mods or All could see the Guests IP/Host. If Admin/Mods is selected then users would only see other users as Guest1, Guest2, Guest3...etc (No Ip/Host).

I have the rest of my board set up so no one but Admin/Mods can view IP addresses. I want to welcome my guest not scare them off. Other users do not need to see that info. I know how to hack it out, but if I do, then I will not be able to see the IP/Host either.

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

Grab the latest online.cgi - I just added a variable that allows you to control who can see the IP/host information.

Hi Dave,

Thanks. It works great.

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network

what happened to "$include_yourself"?

I haven't owned a UBB in over 3 years!
"$include_yourself" is set in the "WriteUserSession" subroutine in ubb_library.pl.

No it is not, I installed the addon and it is not there anymore. The addon did not include this feature.

And I cannot go back to the previous version because the previos version does not display usernames correctly.

Jaxel - $inlcude_yourself is only set in "ubb_library.pl". online.cgi has NEVER had that variable... it uses whatever it is set to in ubb_library.pl

I'm talking about ubb_library.pl!

And I am telling you that $inlcude_yourself is not in the addon! Go to page one of this topic and click the link in the first message, it is not there.

Jaxel - if you want the ability to use the "$include_yourself" you have to use my routines, found at:
http://www.arlo.net/ubb/whoonline.txt

I would suggest starting from scratch with my instructions. They include the ability to track guests, as well as user selectable invisibility.

those other routines do not show the usernames correctly...

Jaxel - I'm unaware of any problems with the routines. There have been bugs, but every one that has come to my attention has been quickly fixed. If you install my routines, and my online.cgi script, and have a problem, please let me know.

If you are worried about a particular problem, let me know which one. I have fixed the problem of invisible users showing up as "username.inv". I have also fixed a problem where a guest occasionally would be listed as Guest #x () - with no host information. Also, I just added a bit of code that if a person first shows up as a guest, and then posts or gets their cookie set, their guest entry is removed and their name logged in it's place.

And finally, just tonight I added the current time display to the Who's Online page... and if there is no one else around and you don't have it set to include yourself, it displays a message on the Who's Online page instead of just the table headings.

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
This is what every hacker should be doing - supporting their products fully. Nice work Dave.

Just a thought [Linked Image]

------------------
"Just is a thought" is a regestered trademark of Cal Corporation. Any violation of this copyright is a crime, punishable by death, under UBB CHH Law.

Installed the Who's Online and as stated here and elsewhere replaced the $OnlineUserMsg with $OnlineUsers

It doesn't show anything other than this:

Currently Browsing the Boards (1)

Furthermore I wanted to add 2 more tables for # of Guests and # of Members, the $membercount works but $guestcount does not.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849