Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#322665 03/08/2017 8:40 PM
Lurker
Lurker
Hello everybody!
I am a UBB fans, starting in 2000.I was Using UBB.classic to build a forum,long time ago.Just testing on my own server,not open to the public。
At that time, the template is used in the picture.I love this template so much!BUT i didn't back it up.
This template is for ubb.classic 640.Which good man know this template,and give a copy fo me?
Thank you very very much!!!

[Linked Image]

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
UBB.Clasic has not been used since like forever. I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. Are you looking for the color layout? The actual design? Or so on.

The color scheme file is not compatible with the current UBB.threads v760.

If you have current access to the members area at UBB you can still download UBB.Classic v673

Lurker
Lurker
JAISP,Thanks for your reply!
In the picture,Used to be my website. It's a complete template,Not just color scheme.I downloaded it many years ago in ubbdev or member‘s site of ubbdev.
I just love this template,Want to use it again.But I can't find it after so many years.
Anyway, UBB.classic is my favorite forum program.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The classic version was always my favorite but like many things it's use had become limited through lack of interest. The new PHP software is very nice and less server intensive and uses a different database making it slightly faster and a little more efficient.

With that said, and I believe the younger generation will argue the fact, you can update the classic software to do everything that today's UBB can do. I know if I really felt like it I could pull it off. The reason I don't try is no one would use it.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The final version of UBB.Classic was officially defunct when the first build of UBB.threads v7 was released on October 5th, 2006. Styles and modifications for UBB.Classic v6 and UBB.threads v6 are not compatable with UBB.threads v7.

If you where interested in migrating your old data to UBB.threads v7 then you could hire a developer to create a style for you (screenshots of how various pages [category list, post list, and topic list pages primarily]) will aid in matching colors of the old style.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
Thank you upstairs two bros.
I'm trying to change the color.
I'm going to buy a UBB.threads license.
Will I be able to download UBB.classic in the member area?All versions?I just like UBB.classic, I want to collect it.
Also, do you have a Coupon Code for buy the UBB.threads?

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
If you can locate it, you should just be able to renew your member area access from your old license as UBB.threads7 is the continuation of what you where previously running.

The final version of UBB.Classic is all that's available in the member area.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Gizmo knows how much I love UBB.Classic and over the years have done so much with it in the community with help and such. I'm sure he will tell you that for years I was the last go to guy on the subject as well. However the current release of UBB.threads is so far advanced with its abilities and design makes it a no brainier on its usefulness.

Both Gizmo and id242 have taken this product to new levels and are continuing to advance the UBB.threads software into a platform that far exceeds anyone's expectations. This current release had taken a very long time but was totally necessary as it has been fully rewritten to make way for the future of online communities. This new platform UBB.threads 7.6.0 lays the groundwork for all future versions to come. With all the work they placed into this release newer versions will now be able to have more advanced features incorporated with less time between releases.

The beta testing team had done some awesome work as well during the development process in finding issues and reporting them allowing the developers to quash most every issue in the software before release than ever before. The developers and beta testing team worked together making the current release the best ever for the entire community. As no one is perfect and can see everything the team came together as one and made this the best package ever released to the entire community.

Lurker
Lurker
I've already bought a ubb Licence just now.In this way to express respect for the developer.
Maybe there will be some questions to ask you.
grin

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Feel more than free to ask any questions; myself and id242 are the current developers, and I've owned UBBDev for quite a long time now.

The official support site is UBBCentral, but we've always tried to do what we can here 😀

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849