Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
coffee and code
coffee and code
7.5.10 Progress Report: "The Six Million Dollar Man" Edition.

This bit of progress mostly focused on adding a few new features, tweaking the current ones, and general cleaning up before moving forward again.

The most notable items are the "Signature Display" options and the Suhosin details page. James Corthell (Gizmo) has put a lot of time and work in to implementing this Suhosin checks and details feature.

Changelog 2015-02-10
/admin
• LOGIN -Suhosin warning has been updated to just a link which now forwards to its own Suhosin page.
• SHOWUSER -Updated to allow editing of the user's "signature display options"
• SUHOSIN -A new file which outputs your server's suhosin setting details.

/languages/english
• ADMIN/SUHOSIN -New language file to support the suhosin page.
• EDITDISPLAY -Updated language file to support the updated "signature display options"
• MYCOOKIES -Update COOKIE_INFO from "Board" to "Forum"
• SEARCH -New language item. "Submit" button is now "Search Forums" button.
• VIEWMESSAGE -Update DELETE_MESS from "Topic" to "Conversation"
• VIEWMESSAGE -Removed USER_LOC

/libs
• HTML.INC -Reordered the bottom (miscellaneous) menu items within the left column of the "My Stuff" page. Added "Who's Online". Separated the RSS "Feeds" subscription item from the group.

/scripts
• ACTIVETOPICS -Preview has been increased form 250chars to 280chars (2x the size of a "Tweet")
• EDITDISPLAY,SHOWFLAT,VIEWMESSAGE -Update to support the updated "signature display options"

/styles
common.css
• Added a line to hopefully circumvent Mobile Chrome's comically absurd Text Autosizing (Font Boosting) https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=84186

/templates
• ADMIN/*PERMS -Corrected several style references from "autorow-header-2" to "autorow-header-3"
• ADMIN/LOGIN -Suhosin warning updates.
• ADMIN/SHOWUSER -Updated to allow editing of the user's "signature display options"
• ADMIN/SUHOSIN -A new file which outputs your server's suhosin setting details.
• ACTIVETOPICS -Columns reduced from "4" to "3". Topic "Views" and "Replies" is now displayed.
• EDITDISPLAY -New View-Signature options include showing; "Never Show", "Threads Only", "Private Messages Only", or "Always Show"
• HEADER, and SEVERAL OTHER TEMPLATES -If the user is browsing with Internet Explorer 8 or less, /ubb_js/html5shiv.js will be called to help support HTML5.
/TEMPLATES/DEFAULT/HEADER -Menu items with a spaces in them ("Forum Help") are no longer wrapped at the space. Each menu label is as now treated as a single item.
• POST_SIDE -User avatars are now a link to their profile when clicked on.
• PRINTTHREAD -Updated to be much more printer-friendly.
• QUICKREPLY -Some minor spacing adjustments.
• SEARCH -Moved the help-texts in to hover-over tool tips. Forum List was again increased, from 16 to 20, to expand the entire height of the search tool. Additional layout tweaking.

/ubb_js
• HTML5SHIV.JS -HTML5 Shiv enables use of HTML5 sectioning elements in legacy Internet Explorer and provides basic HTML5 styling for Internet Explorer 6-8, Safari 4.x (and iPhone 3.x), and Firefox 3.x. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_Shiv

General
• Additional code optimizations and comment/code cleanup throughout all files.
• More inlined elements from legacy releases have been moved to CSS.

--
NOTICE: At the time of this post, UBB.threads 7.5.10 is very much still work in progress. This current code will change several more times before being published to the Members area of http://ubbcentral.com. This *WORK IN PROGRESS* code is not available for download or purchase. This series of progress reports is being made public to share the development progress on UBB.threads. Items may be pulled from the final release or may be reworked to have a different presentation than what is depicted in this post. This is very much WORK IN PROGRESS and not by any means "final."

Last edited by id242; 07/25/2016 3:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
It was funny, I was all "Hey Isaac, I'm working on improving that little Suhosin notice that we put in 7.5.9"; three days later I show him what I've been working on, with a full status page display with recommendations and current variables listed, with green/blue/red indicators as to the status...

I don't think he was prepared for the amount of work I put in for such a small issue that affects so little of the user base; but as always, I believe one vocal members echos the cries of hundreds of silent ones.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Sending Pat on the back !!

BOOM 7.6.+ rocks....

Moderated by  Gizmo, isaac 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63