Mod Name / Version:
RaiderSoft UBBThreads Integrated Secure Chat 1.6 Description:
This integrates RaiderSoft's
Java Based Chatroom into your site and updates the who's online information.
This works with all versions of the RaiderSoft Chat Room (including the Free Version) but to get all the features to work (Database Authentication and the ability to view profiles) you'll need the Platinum Level Account (currently $100/year from RaiderSoft.com).
This will also update the Who's Online Screen with "In the Chat Room" if the user is in the chatroom. Featues:
- Integrates with the look/stylesheet of your UBB.Threads
- Can automatically log the user into chat, using their Threads Username
- Option to limit chat to logged in/registered users
- Option to temporarily close the chatroom
- Updates the Threads Who's Online page with "In The Chat Room" when users are using Chat.
- Optional Instructions included to display the number of users in the chat room at the top of every page of your forum
- Can Authenticate chat username/password against your UBB.Threads Forum User Database. This eliminates the possibility of users being able to login as or impersonate other users in the chat room. This is the most secure authentication method. (Requires Platinum Level Service)
- Allws you to right click a user from the list in the chat room and view their profile. (Requires Platinum Level Service)
Here at ThreadsDev.com - click "Chat Room
" in our menu bar. Thanks to Chris at Raidersoft for our License Working Under:
UBB.Threads 6.5 Mod Status:
Beta Any pre-requisites:
A Chat Room at Raidersoft Author(s):
Chris at Raidersoft.com for commissioning it Files Altered:
ubbt_registerednav.tmpl, ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl, /languages/english/online.php (ubbt.inc.php optional) New Files:
chat.php, chatheader.php, chatroom.php, chatauth.php, chatprofile.php, chat.tmpl Database Altered:
to signup for an account. Start with a free account, which will enable you to set this up and test. You can upgrade your account at any time by logging in at the RaiderSoft site. While there is a "professional" level service, to make use of the Database authentication and the ability to view profiles in chat, be sure to upgrade to the "Platinum" level service. If you already have a RaiderSoft "Professional" level account, you can login at RaiderSoft and upgrade the account to the "Platinum" level Service.
Additional help/instructions and troubleshooting documentation is included in the Instruction file in the attached ZIP file.
Note this is exactly the same as version 1.5 - the files are simply updated to work with threads 6.5. Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.
Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.