Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
========= 1 ======================
I see that urls already are getting "prettier" compared to what they were long ago.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/178189/Gizmo_s_UBB_Threads_7_x_Transf.html

I want it even prettier, mainly for search machines.

Ideally it would look like this
http://www.ubbcentral.com//.html

http://HotelReviews.com/Africa/BeachResorts/Sheraton.html

Probably this is unrealistic to do? anyone could do this or other of my suggestions as a paid assignment (not much cash available though, and if it is not too hard I can try myself with the help of your input)

At least improve things by putting in some search machine key terms instead of meaningless terms>

Change ubbthreads.php for some keyword of my choice, etc, like this.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/.php//178189/Gizmo_s_UBB_Threads_7_x_Transf.html

Would it be hard to change the filename of ubbthreads.php for another keyword?

================================== 2 ============
I am setting up a web site that discusses other websites, rates them, and if people go to these websites, I need them to use an affiliate link so I can get commissions.

Any way to do an integration with some link controlling click count software? which?

So I would know how many people click on which link? Or even better, that I can convert links, like automatically adding affiliate IDs to the Link?

I might also want to control link use. Maybe users would not be allowed to post links, or only links with my affiliate id. Does that look feasible?
=========================== 3 ==================

I also want to have statistic about the link use

So somehow I need to control links. Either I disable users from putting up links

========================= 4 ===================
Any way how to impose something like a searchable database structure on a board?

Basically, that every thread would have some rating and a few keywords automatically attached to it. Something that could be searched later on.

For example, if we were writing about Hotels, each post about a certain hotel and its site.

Can someone find out how to find a Hotel
in Africa
near a beach with
4 star category
that is dog friendly?

or find a ordered list of the highest rated dog friendly hotels for skying.

or find all hotels located in high mountain regions.

Or all beachfront hotels that have a safe in the room.

So basically, each post should have a few categories attached to it, like
number of stars (1-5),
type of location (mountain, city, beach ...)
type of hotel (large hotel, family run pension, ...)
allows pets (small pets, big pets, no pets)
allows children
has pool (with different pool sizes, pool heating or not etc)

(I am open to suggestions that I should use another software then ubbthreads for that site (which software would you suggest?). Wiki software? which?

But I know ubbthreads, know it is very powerful and allows free discussions, administrative control, etc and would rather try to adapt ubbthreads)

This could, of course, be integrated into a database. But it might just be added as a text into the posts and then found with a text normal text search, like this

Location: beach Pets:no Pool:midsize,unheated Stars:3 Country:Seychelles

Again, maybe it can be done easily with some templates or minor changes in the program?

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63