Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Mod Name / Version: RaiderSoft UBBThreads Integrated Secure Chat 1.6

Description: This integrates RaiderSoft's Java Based Chatroom into your site and updates the who's online information.
This works with all versions of the RaiderSoft Chat Room (including the Free Version) but to get all the features to work (Database Authentication and the ability to view profiles) you'll need the Platinum Level Account (currently $100/year from RaiderSoft.com).
This will also update the Who's Online Screen with "In the Chat Room" if the user is in the chatroom.

Featues:
  • Integrates with the look/stylesheet of your UBB.Threads
  • Can automatically log the user into chat, using their Threads Username
  • Option to limit chat to logged in/registered users
  • Option to temporarily close the chatroom
  • Updates the Threads Who's Online page with "In The Chat Room" when users are using Chat.
  • Optional Instructions included to display the number of users in the chat room at the top of every page of your forum
  • Can Authenticate chat username/password against your UBB.Threads Forum User Database. This eliminates the possibility of users being able to login as or impersonate other users in the chat room. This is the most secure authentication method. (Requires Platinum Level Service)
  • Allws you to right click a user from the list in the chat room and view their profile. (Requires Platinum Level Service)

Demo: Here at ThreadsDev.com - click "Chat Room" in our menu bar. Thanks to Chris at Raidersoft for our License

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.5

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: A Chat Room at Raidersoft

Author(s): JoshPet

Date: 07/03/04

Credits: Chris at Raidersoft.com for commissioning it

Files Altered: ubbt_registerednav.tmpl, ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl, /languages/english/online.php (ubbt.inc.php optional)

New Files: chat.php, chatheader.php, chatroom.php, chatauth.php, chatprofile.php, chat.tmpl

Database Altered: no

Info/Instructions: Visit RaiderSoft to signup for an account. Start with a free account, which will enable you to set this up and test. You can upgrade your account at any time by logging in at the RaiderSoft site. While there is a "professional" level service, to make use of the Database authentication and the ability to view profiles in chat, be sure to upgrade to the "Platinum" level service. If you already have a RaiderSoft "Professional" level account, you can login at RaiderSoft and upgrade the account to the "Platinum" level Service.

Additional help/instructions and troubleshooting documentation is included in the Instruction file in the attached ZIP file.

Note this is exactly the same as version 1.5 - the files are simply updated to work with threads 6.5.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.
Attachments
116210-RaiderSoft-UBBThreadsChat1.6.zip (0 Bytes, 153 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Do you think it's possible for this to be modified as a smaller, more private chat room...instead of 1 room for a whole site...add the ability to invite an online user to join a chat room with you...once two people are in they can then invite others if they wish...it would be used as an alternate to PM's...if the person you wish to communicate with is online, start a chat with them...if they're offline, send them a PM...moreover, would it be possible to be invited to/participate in multiple rooms/discussions at once? Or would something other than this chat software be required?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Not this - since it's an outside service - you're at the mercy of Raidersoft you don't have the ability to modify anything. You can only modify the threads side of things - but really all this does is post the username and password to a script and send back a yes/no to Raidersoft.com if they were correct, then it lets you in.

They do offer a bunch of different products though. More towards the enterprise/commercial level though. For one on one customer support. Visit www.raidersoft.com for details.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Do you think something like that'de be useful? If they're online have instant conversations with them...if offline leave a mesage?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Raidersoft has a private chat option - but what you're asking about is probably a different mod. (Wrong thred). It's been talked about many times here - never have seen anything like that though.

Sponsored Links
User
User
Josh, this might not be the best place to ask since I am using an older version of this (we are waiting for the 6.5 non-beta release before we upgrade), but maybe you can help me anyway. I would really like to modify this hack so that users have to have at least 50 posts before they can come into the chat room. Is there a way to do that? Or can you think of a way to do that?

User
User
Okay, that was a dumb question; it was super easy to add that in. (Just add "AND U_Totalposts > 49" under "Validate the User" in chatauth.php.) Hooray for troll-free chat rooms.

We really love this hack, Josh. Thank you so much for making it available.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hi, somehow I missed your question - glad you got it figured out.

Thank you Josh, I'm using this on my bords and works perfectly !

pac Offline
Lurker
Lurker
Any chance of getting the instructions updated?

Evidently Raidersoft has changed their menus...most of the stuff I can't seem to find in the same places as it is listed in the instructions.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Not only that, but it appears it wont connect now either?

I tried the chat here on threadsdev as well, and it seems even the threadsdev chat isnt connecting anymore?

(I have platinum service at sigma as well)

User
User
Might be a browser/java problem -- my Sigma chatroom still works fine.

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]xeney said:
Might be a browser/java problem -- my Sigma chatroom still works fine. [/]

Thanks, will check more on this...

Coder
Coder
I update Jave and now I have to change the codebase from:

Code
applet codebase="http://client0.sigmachat.com/current/"

to:

Code
applet codebase="http://client1.sigmachat.com/current/"

Journeyman
Journeyman
My java chat box comes up no problem, but the info bit at the bottom of the chat box says error connecting..

Does the same on the chat here at threads... Are you guys able to get into the chat here on this site ok too? (Chat room link on menu bar here on this site)

My java seems to work fine... I have also gone to 1 instead of 0 (confirmed bu sigmachat staff).

Deej

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, it's working fine.

Might be a firewall issue? Also I've heard alot of problems with recent Windows updates and Java. Anyone on any of the live sites I've got that has had trouble connecting, has fixed it by reinstalling Java.

Power User
Power User
Some of the instructions do need to be updated still

another problem

I have the chat room open []
// Is the chat room temporarily closed
// 0 if the chat room is Open - 1 if the chatroom is closed
$roomclosed = "0";

[/]

Yet people get this message
[] Applet Halted. This chat room is closed. [/]

This happens AFTER they log in, NOT at the log in screen

When i go to the control panel and test, at raidersoft, it shows that it is working...

any thoughts??

Power User
Power User
turns out that

codebase="http://client0.sigmachat.com/current/"
code="Client.class" archive="scclient_en.zip"

Needs to be changed to

codebase="http://client1.sigmachat.com/current/"
code="Client.class" archive="scclient_en.zip"

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks for the bugfix stan

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Lurker
Lurker
I just installed this, and followed the instructions exactly. The link works, and the chat room works fine. However, when I sign out of the chat room and click one of the navigation links to go to the Main Index page, for example, the chat room window remains on the page and obscures the new page. This happens in both IE7 and Firefox 2, and I've updated Java.

Any ideas on why the chat room window won't go away?

I'm using UBB.threads 6.5.3.

Thanks.

Addict
Addict
Anyone update this for 7x?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63