Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Power User
Power User
Ok, this is so simple there must be something wrong with it, but in ubb71CMS.php I changed the guts of function UBBCMS () to the following, basically subbing USER_DISPLAY_NAME for USER_LOGIN_NAME:
PHP Code
	 $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE  USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
//$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
Then I expired my site cookies and it shows my username rather than my login name. Violá!
I'll have to warn all my users to expire their cookies, otherwise it they will not be autologged in the first time. To log in manually using this code, you have to log in with your display name and password, rather than login name and password. As long as autologin is working, this process will be transparent and your users won't know it's even happening.
All my users will hit it in the morning, and we'll see what happens. I'll report back if any probs.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Ok, this is so simple there must be something wrong with it, but in ubb71CMS.php I changed the guts of function UBBCMS () to the following, basically subbing USER_DISPLAY_NAME for USER_LOGIN_NAME:
PHP Code
	 $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM   {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE  USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
//$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
$this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
$this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
Then I expired my site cookies and it shows my username rather than my login name. Violá!
I'll have to warn all my users to expire their cookies, otherwise it they will not be autologged in the first time. To log in manually using this code, you have to log in with your display name and password, rather than login name and password. As long as autologin is working, this process will be transparent and your users won't know it's even happening.
All my users will hit it in the morning, and we'll see what happens. I'll report back if any probs.

Power User
Power User

I'll have to give this a shot - thanks!

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.3)
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Honorable Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Browser: Firefox 2.0
Power User
Power User

I still can't log in unless I use the "automatic login", and the change above didn't work either for me... something's wrong and I can't figure it out frown

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Power User
Power User

Okay, everything's working now!! smile

Some issues:

1) For some reason we can only see our OWN profiles, with the FlashChat link to "Profile" that's supposed to point back to our UBB profiles. For everyone other than ourselves, it takes us to the main UBB page.

2) How to get UBB Mods to display as Mods rather than Admins in FlashChat?

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I still stand behind the statement that it's not possible with their current integration file.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Power User
Power User
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I still stand behind the statement that it's not possible with their current integration file.

To (almost) quote The Godfather Part II...

If anything in this life is certain -- if history has taught us anything -- it's that anything's possible...

Okay, well, Michael Corleone ended with it's possible to kill anyone, but that's a bit extreme for what we're dealing with at the moment. lol

In any event, I did a live beta test w/ a handful of members tonight, and have my short list of fixes/quirks that need to be fixed... I'll compile them later -- here, but mostly on their forum, of course...

But at least it works for the most part cool

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Well, if they'd let the cat out of the bag at what items referance other items and are called from the integration file, sure, it'd be possible...

Have you TRIED asking at their site? Your thread will either be ignored, locked, or deleted...

have you TRIED emailing their author? He'll either ignore you or offend you (in my case, demanding a free copy of .T7 which would violate my license agreement for his $5 script lol...

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
one would think that just finding another chat system would be better, if that's the treatment you get from the author...

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Well, one thing that happens with these driveby authors who create cheap scripts, if you have input or requests and don't want to spent $$$ getting them to update in a direction of your liking, it's likely you'll get turned down; their script isn't what you're wanting to integrate with, so it's more of a courtesy smirk...

I still push for the irc way of things lol

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User

I posted a new topic over there, here, and will see if anyone has any feedback. In the mean time, I'll look into some of these issues and see if I can figure some of them out...

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Power User
Power User

If anyone wants to try it, here's my ubb71CMS integration script for FlashChat 4.7. I can't attach the file apparently, so here it is -- rename it ubb71CMS.php and save it to \FLASHCHAT_DIR\inc\cmses

I have not tried this with a later version of UBB.t than 7.1. I will test with 7.3 once it's released...

PHP Code

<?php

if ( !defined( 'INC_DIR' ) ) {
die(
'hacking attempt' );
}

/************************************************************************/
//!!! IMPORTANT NOTE
//!!! FlashChat 4.4.0 and higher support a new user role: ROLE_MODERATOR
//!!! Please edit the getUser and getRoles function if you need use of
//!!! the new moderator role. This change has not yet been applied.
/************************************************************************/

// integration class for UBB.Threads (www.ubbcentral.com/ubbthreads/)

$ubb_root_path = realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../../../') . '/';

require_once(
$ubb_root_path . 'includes/config.inc.php');

class
UBBCMS {
var
$loginStmt;
var
$updateSessionStmt;
var
$getUserStmt;
var
$getUsersStmt;
var
$userid;
function
UBBCMS() {

$this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");

// $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_ID FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_LOGIN_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
// $this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}users SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
// $this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
// $this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_LOGIN_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");

$this->userid = isset($_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"]) ? $_COOKIE[$GLOBALS["config"]["COOKIE_PREFIX"] ."ubbt_myid"] : NULL;
}

function
isLoggedIn() {
return
$this->userid;
}

// DOESN'T WORK:
//
// function getRoles($status) {
// $rv = NULL;
//
// if ($status == "Administrator")
// $rv = ROLE_ADMIN;
// elseif ($status == "Moderator")
// $rv = ROLE_MODERATOR;
// elseif ($status == "User")
// $rv = ROLE_USER;
// else
// $rv = ROLE_SPY;
//
// return $rv;
// }

// SO ADMINS AND MODS WILL GET ADMIN STATUS IN FLASHCHAT:

function getRoles($status) {
$rv = NULL;

if (
$status == "Administrator" || $status == "Moderator")
$rv = ROLE_ADMIN;
elseif (
$status == "User")
$rv = ROLE_USER;
else
$rv = ROLE_SPY;

return
$rv;
}

function
getUserProfile($userid) {
if (
$userid == SPY_USERID) $rv = NULL;

elseif (
$user = $this->getUser($userid))
{
//toLog("this",$this->isLoggedIn());
$id = $this->isLoggedIn();

if(
$id && ($id == $userid) )
{
toLog("true",true);
$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User={$userid}";
}
else
{
toLog("false",false);
$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=login";
}

}
toLog("rv_prof",$rv);
return
$rv;
}

function
getUser($userid) {

$rs = $this->getUserStmt->process($userid);
$rv = $rs->next();

if(
$rv) {
$rv["roles"] = $this->getRoles($rv["status"]);
}
return
$rv;
}

// taken from ubbt.inc.php

function login($login, $password) {

$goodPassword = false;

$rs = $this->loginStmt->process(addslashes($login));
$rec = $rs->next();

if (
$rec) {
// check if user is banned
if ($rec["USER_IS_BANNED"]) return NULL;

// allow login only with permanent password. Ignore the temporary password
if (md5($password) != $rec["USER_PASSWORD"]) return NULL;

// $this->ubbt_setcookie("{$GLOBALS['config']['cookieprefix']}w3t_myid",$rec['U_Number'],time()+$GLOBALS['config']['cookieexp']);

// $this->updateSessionStmt->process(time() + $GLOBALS["config"]["adjustime"] * 3600, md5(rand(0,32767)), addslashes($login));

return $rec['USER_ID'];

}

}

function
userInRole($userid, $role) {
if(
$user = $this->getUser($userid)) {
return (
$user['roles'] == $role);
}
return
false;
}

function
logout() {

}

function
getUsers() {
return
$this->getUsersStmt->process();
}

function
getGender($userid) {
// 'M' for Male, 'F' for Female, NULL for undefined
return NULL;
}
}

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db'] = array(
'host' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_SERVER"],
'user' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_USER"],
'pass' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_PASSWORD"],
'base' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_NAME"],
'pref' => $GLOBALS["config"]["TABLE_PREFIX"] . 'fc_',
);

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['cms'] = new UBBCMS();

foreach(
$GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'] as $k => $v) {
$GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'][$k]['dialog']['login']['moderator'] = '';
}

?>

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Power User
Power User

Has anyone figured out how to add a "Who's Chatting" custom island into Threads?

Edit: Never mind, I found this download (just a php file) in the Tufat resources: New "Who's Chatting" file for CMS systems cool

Edit Again: Haven't gotten it working in a custom island yet, but it works as a stand-alone page. Getting errors when put in a custom island. Here's the code...

PHP Code

/* PHP CODE HERE, IF NECESSARY */

header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

/**
If this file is not in the FlashChat root folder, then change this
path to the location of the inc/common.php file.
*/
include_once('inc/common.php');

ChatServer::purgeExpired(); // ERROR HERE: Undefined class name 'chatserver'

/**
Retrieves the number of users who are chatting in any room.
Leave the $room parameter empty to return the number of users in all room.
*/
function numusers( $room = "" )
{
if(
$room) {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT COUNT(*) AS numb FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND roomid=?");
$rs = $stmt->process($room);
} else {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT COUNT(*) AS numb FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections,{$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms
WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND ispublic IS NOT NULL
AND
{$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections.roomid = {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms.id");
$rs = $stmt->process();
}

$rec = $rs->next();

return
$rec?$rec['numb']:0;
}

/**
Retrieves a list of the users (by login ID) who are in $room.
Leave the $room parameter empty to return a list of all users in all rooms.
*/
function usersinroom( $room = "" )
{
$cms = $GLOBALS['fc_config']['cms'];
$list = array();

if(
$room) {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT userid, state, color, lang, roomid FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL AND roomid=?");
$rs = $stmt->process($room);
} else {
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT userid, state, color, lang, roomid FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections WHERE userid IS NOT NULL");
$rs = $stmt->process();
}

while(
$rec = $rs->next()) $list[] = array_merge($cms->getUser($rec['userid']), $rec);

return
$list;
}

/**
Retrieves a list of all available rooms, as an array.
*/
function roomlist()
{
$list = array();

// populate $list with the names of all available rooms
$stmt = new Statement("SELECT * FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms WHERE ispublic IS NOT NULL order by ispermanent");
$rs = $stmt->process(); // ERROR: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: statement

while($rec = $rs->next()) $list[] = $rec;

//result will be an array of arrays like ('id' => <room id>, 'updated' = <timestamp>, 'created' => <timestamp>, 'name' => <room name>, 'ispublic' => <public flag>, 'ispermanent' => <autoclose flag>)
return $list;
}

$rooms = roomlist();
$roomnumb = sizeof($rooms);
$usernumb = numusers();

/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF

<BR>&#62;<a href="/threads/chat/flashchat.php" target="_blank">Chatroom</a> (<?=
$usernumb ?> user<? if ($usernumb != 1) echo "s" ?> in <?=$roomnumb ?> room<? if ($roomnumb != 1) echo "s"; ?>)
<ul id="roomList">
<?php if(
$roomnumb) { ?>
<?php foreach(
$rooms as $room) { ?>
<li><strong><a href="#" onclick="javascript:toggleUserList('room_<?=
$room[id]?>')"><?=$room[name]?> (<?= numusers($room[id]) ?>)</a></strong>
<?php
$users = usersinroom($room[id]);
if (
$users) {
echo "<ul class="userList" id="room_".
$room[id]."">";
foreach(
$users as $user ) {
echo "<li>".
$user[login] . "</li>";
}
echo "</ul>";
}

?> </li>
<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>
</ul>

EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */

Last edited by jgeoff; 02/19/2008 7:10 PM. Reason: Ugh

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
I am working on integrating several chats.

Question:
will the user authorization stay the same from version 7.2 to 7.3? data like username, password, moderator and admin status, will they be the same and unchanged in the database?

Lurker
Lurker
The following for Who's Chatting is working for me in my Custom Island:

You may need to customize the SRC for your particular site.

Explanation:

I integrated PJIRC, works fine, but probably will not be a hit with my chat guests

Want to integrate FlashChat, will the stuff here work with 7.2 and 7.3 (still in beta4) of ubb?

Working to integrate phpopenchat.

If I integrate it for 7.2, will it work for the other version? 7.3.4

or vice versa. I.e. is it upward or downward compatible?

By integrating I mean mainly that usercheck and userpasswordcheck for the chat will be done using the ubb database.

Ideally, moderator and adminstrator status could translate also from ubb to the chat

Last edited by curiousguy; 02/22/2008 1:21 PM.
Power User
Power User
Originally Posted by DarylCA
The following for Who's Chatting is working for me in my Custom Island:

THANK YOU!!!!! cool

Originally Posted by curiousguy
If I integrate it for 7.2, will it work for the other version? 7.3.4
I'm still using 7.1 so I have no idea -- I'm waiting for 7.3 (final) to come out to test it... I sure hope so!

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Please, for the love of god, start a feature request thread for phpopenchat vs spamming your want for it in other chat integration threads.

well I tried this with 7.2.2 & don't work
Code
Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /home/boneyard/public_html/forum3/chat/inc/cmses/ubb71CMS.php on line 82 

on line 82
Code
$rv = $rs->next(); 

has anyone worked on this for 7.2.2
I know everyone is waiting for 7.3

hold on works now
I reinstalled it

edit: works just fine with 7.2.2
no problems with install other then I reinstalled but I thing it was my fault as I skipped a step

Power User
Power User

FlashChat seems to still be working fine in Threads 7.3 cool

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
I have been using Flash Chat successfully for quite a while, with one exception. I have a troll who keeps registering and re-registering, often multiple times in one day. I usually manage to spot him and boot him through the approval process, keeping him off the board.

Unfortunately, Flash Chat sees him as a member as soon as he registers, even though he is not approved, so he goes straight into chat.

Does anyone know a way around that?

I started a thread "over there," but I'm not sure of what to tell them...

http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=49698

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
It'd be a security issue within flashchat; it's not checking to see if a user has been approved or not...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63