Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Does anyone know where I can find the ubb.classic 6.7.3 Trial zip ? I've only had luck finding the v6.6.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I'm suprised that you've been able to find it at all... classic is EOL, I doubt you'll be able to find much anything for it release wise other than the 6.7.3 full install file in the UBBCentral member area...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
I actually had a local copy of the 6.6 trial for some reason. I'll try contacting groupee now that I know they're the same company as infopop, but I have a feeling they'll just give me the run-around.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Why do you want the trial? If you're already licensed to run the UBB then all you have to do is pay for a member area renewal.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
I think the license expired in 2003 or so. It was the "silver package" and not the "gold" one if I remember right, but its been too long. It cost less, but you only had access to upgrades for one year or something along those lines. I'm interested in the trial to see if its worth upgrading and if there are any compatibility problems.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Licenses don't expire (other than the shortly used rented licenses), only member area expires; you can renew your member area access for $99/yr or upgrade to gold; I think gold from silver is only like $200 or something, i am not entirely sure there.

As is, I think the only "trial" available is the UBB.Threads7 and thats hosted locally on the UBBCentral servers vs downloadable.

UBB.T7 should run just about anywhere you could want to put it... Uses only standard modules that ship with PHP/MySQL up to the latest versions I believe (though the latest build of MySQL has a quirk iirc).

Veteran
Veteran
Groupee is what was known as Infopop. There will be no run around. We just flat are not going to send a trial version for UBB.classic anymore. That's no run around there at all.

UBB.classic is no longer supported or developed. That 6.7.3 is still available in the Member area is only as a courtesy to people upgrading to the current 7.1 version.

All that said, if you had a gold license in 2003 you should be able to log right on into the Member Area right now and grab 6.7.3 full and not worry about a trial. You paid for 5 years, that takes you to 2008 if my math is right. smile

The only part that might slow you down here is if you've lost your password. You'll have to put in a ticket and get it sent to you. 6.7.3 will be there a while, it's not going anywhere. Dunno why you wouldn't rather have 7.1, but you can download either or both while you're in the Member Area.

Anyway, we don't even have the trial version to send you.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
For what its worth, the last trial version for classic I remember charles putting out was like 6.6, i don't recall it ever getting updated to 6.7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63