Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#310484 03/26/2003 9:53 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ok, here is a mod that I would *love* to have.. and would be happy to pay someone to create.

Very similar to the calendar system, and probably can be worked on.. but basically what we need is a calendar of events and meets and other things.. it can be for a basic event thats happening, or a public event where a user can click a button and list themselves as attending.

The system should allow for defined moderators to create events. All board users should be able to add themselves as attending, via different options, ie Might attend, will attend, definately etc. If the event is a "Pay" event, then they would add themselves as "Payment pending" then once the payment has been received the moderator could change them to "confirmed".

This would allow us to run a nice events system and calender, and any registered user would be able to see who is attending the function and can automatically add/remove themselves so that we keep track of who is attending.

So..

A) Is there one available (dont think so)
b) Is someone willing to take it on, if so, let me know by PM how much this would cost to create.

Ideally, id like this to be an addon, maybe part of the IIP system rather than a hack to Threads.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Just noticed this should be in the other forum.. if someone could move it there ... thanks

Addict
Addict
Hi Matt,

we're currently creating such a system for our site.
It works as a standalone apllication which can be integrated into any existing site. But it will use the user-db of threads for the usermanagement. It isn't finished, because it's a spare time project.
I'll send you a PM with a link to the prototyp.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi,

Thanks! Stand along is great as long as it ties in.

Matt

Hey Astaran, could I take a peek at your calendar system? I'd like to do something like this for my community.

Sponsored Links
Great idea I am interested in something like this too. I would be nice if folks replying could add what they were bringing in case of a potluck function.

Addict
Addict
What do you mean with "a potluck funtion"?

For events people bring different items so it would be nice if they can say what they are bringing.. Basically need a spot so users can make posts replying to event.

[]Astaran said:
Hi Matt,

we're currently creating such a system for our site.
It works as a standalone apllication which can be integrated into any existing site. But it will use the user-db of threads for the usermanagement. It isn't finished, because it's a spare time project.
I'll send you a PM with a link to the prototyp.

[/]

Astaran,

I would also be very interested in seeing your prototype if you have one available yet ? Also if you could PM me any costs, availability etc. ?

--------------
James

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63