Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Power User
Power User
What happened to this place? I used to check in and take up to two hours to catch up on threads/posts. Now there is about 5 posts in 24 hours. The on line shows like 3 users and 250+ slurp bots.

Are threads 'out' and something else has taken over ?

Even this site is one version behind the current release, which was March 11th.

This used to be 'the' place for questions & serious help with issues. Im disillusioned

Sponsored Links
Oh...here is my take. It's completely non-official.

1. Other forums are being looked at by many people, as UBBThreads is at end-of-life. I know I am looking at FusionBB, vBulletin, and others.

2. The newest versions (6.5 and forward) are buggy and cannot track posts. I have a somewhat working version of 6.5 - but I won't upgrade beyond that.

Threadsdev is still here, but a couple of the main players behind it are not as active anymore. Others are still active here.

Old Hand
Old Hand
spot on Medar. And yeah I will probably be moving to FusionBB myself as it matures. But I probably won;t upgrade my production site for awhile yet.

That is what I have centered on, FusionBB. Has the look, customization ability, and 100% importability. But with respect to Threadsdev, I won't go past that.

Power User
Power User
I see, I don't keep up with 'other products' as I figure mine is working... So if you go to FusionBB, you can take your users/posts etc 'with' you, or you start all over ?

Sponsored Links
Well, speaking broadly, any forum I swap to will have to be able to import the following:

1. Users (and as many settings as possible)
2. Posts in proper order/format

I would prefer to grab as much as possible, but those are my "musts". Now saying that, most forums out there, including UBBThreads - have the ability to import and export all the major board brands Posts and Members. Some go beyond that and snag additional information.

So sure, you can go to most major forums and take your posts and members with you, just like you can come to Threads from another brand, and import your stuffage

Power User
Power User
Yeah that'll be the biggest issue, is moving the posts and users. I sure don't see a whole lot of activity with the FustionBB but I do see several familar names.

*sigh*

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
New development has slowed pending the arrival of new software - happens when work is done voluntarily. I don't have a lot of free time, so when I do work I don't want to spend 50 hours on a project that won't be useful in a couple months. It's natural - modification work for vb2 slowed dramatically when vb3 began beta testing.

Little, small mods have been getting released here and there but time-consuming ones have been put on the backburner as we wait and see if anything works with the new software or we have to start over.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict

However, once the new product is released... []http://www.drumlines.org/threads/images/graemlins/gagged.gif[/]

It definitely feels like UBB.Threads is in a lull of sorts. I'm a longtime user (back to the wwwthreads days) but it really seems like other forum developers (vBulletin, for example) are doing much cooler things with their systems. I see the forums that my site competes with installing new features that seem light years away with UBBT.

It's really tough to just sit here as a UBBT owner and wait for something ....nothing?.... good to happen to 'threads. *insert sound of crickets*

Jeff
CustomTacos.com

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63