Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#304116 10/20/2002 11:02 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
We talked in the "one year old" thread how nice it's been getting to know everybody here over the last year.
I still wonder sometimes more about the folks I see here everyday. What are your day jobs? Interests? etc... I seem to know about everyone's site... but I'm sure we all have lives outside of threads and our sites (barely LOL ).

Anyway... I thought I would start by posting a bit more about me... and hopefully others will follow suit. (If not I'll look stupid. )

My name is Josh. (Duh )
I'm 27 years old and currently live in Charlotte, NC

I grew up outside of Buffalo (brrrrr ). In high school I started my own Desktop Publishing/Printing business, and this "part time" job kept me quite busy.

I didn't do the college thing. Never could figure out what they might be able to teach me . After High School I ran my business... but it wasn't quite enough to keep me busy full time (and pay all the bills), there were dry spells from time to time. So I got into retail (I don't recommend it ).

I sorta worked my way up in an international office supply chain to a supervisor level. Our store had systems/register trouble which caused many problems for many months, and I was able to "shine" with my troubleshooting/computer skills during troubleshooting/register conversions/and sales reentry. This caught the attention of the corporate office, and they invited me to become a "Help Desk Analyst" for them at their corporate office in Cleveland. While I had "snuck off" to meet with them, the District Manager caught wind of this and offered me a management position in another store near home. (There was an internal battled about stealing good employees) So I decided to stay near home and go into management. (Again I don't recommend it )

I did that for 3 years...which was quite enough of the low pay, long hours and crappy working conditions. So I sorta followed my brother and his family in a move to Charlotte, NC in search of better career opportunities and a better climate . I sold my printing business back home.

I got a job in a 2 person company as a "jack of all trades" sorta guy. It's a company that produces Coupon Books which are sold by non-profit organizations (like schools and churches) to raise needed funds. After 6 years I'm proud to say that we work with about 700 groups each year and have raised over 10 million dollars for worthy causes. Mostly church groups, missions trips, youth groups, little leagues, schools etc... I'm proud to say that I'll be buying into this business come the first of the year.

A few years ago... with nothing to do in my spare time, I started up the printing business idea again...this time with an internet twist. For 2 years I ran an internet based printing company, with a website where users could design and order their own printed products (business cards, letterhead, forms, etc...). That went well... so we expanded into an online Paper Product store, Wedding Invitations and even an internet based shopping mall. Along came the crash and decline of every dot.com living large and the biz began to slow down. Pulled the plug on all of that earlier this year.

Sorta worked out well, because about that time, I began exploring putting my internet skills to work somewhere and agreed to take over as the Admin of the measurection site. That's grown about 6200+ members since doing so and now often averages 260+ posts a day.

Through that I found this site, and sorta got into all this threads hacking stuff by accident. I enjoy reading these boards, and I think it helps me learn alot. I enjoy helping out at InfoPop community when someone asks something that I actually have the ability to answer , and beta testing.

I've begun to take on more side clients for web work... so I guess you can say I like to keep busy.

In my spare time I enjoy NASCAR, and like to attend the races twice a year when the boys come home to Charlotte. I also like to bowl (usually with my nephews), and I enjoy traveling. I especially like taking a cruise.

I'm also the ultimate Disney Fan-atic and enjoy all things Disney...especially theme park facts and trivia. I generally make a trek to a Disney theme park at least once a year. []http://www.joshuapettit.com/beta/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mickey.gif[/]

That's it.

That's way more than you probably wanted to know.... but maybe others will follow suit and this will be fun.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmmm... I may have to come back and add to this as I go

I was born in Beaumont, Tx - my father is from the Maryland/PA area and my mother from here. I have an older brother, a younger brother, and 2 younger sisters. A rather large family of seven, we grew up dirt poor in the sixties and seventies. tho we had lots of fun (that's me on the right ). My dad has always run his own business as long as I can remember - we began working in it when I was 12-13, every afternoon after school and every saturday - my siblings and I built/painted/installed pickup campers and accessories (yes, it's big bidness here in TX ). I missed some stuff growing up but it kept us out of trouble too.

In highschool, I played football, ran some track, played trumpet in the band and sang in the choir (was the prez a couple years and in all-region/area/etc choir as well ). Went into college hating school, so instead of becoming the doctor I thought I was gonna be, I went into nursing school instead. Played in the band, lifted on the powerlifting team, and graduated with a BSN in nursing.

I went into working in the NICU (neonatal ICU) after college and have done mostly that for the last 16 years. I have worked in some of the largest NICU's in the country (Texas Childrens Hospital (hundreds of beds) among others - we had a set of octuplets born one time ) and some of the smallest (4 beds). I have attended >3,000 high-risk deliveries, seen babies born with no neck (no cervical spine), their intestines hanging out of their stomach, no brain, a third leg, and born at birthweights anywhere from 220grams to 15 pounds. I have inserted thousands of IV's, intubated, resucitated, inserted chest tubes, etc etc etc.. oh, and I believe I have changed one millyun diapers

I have worked ER, pediatrics (like'm), adult ICU (didn't like it), and most every other floor from staff nurse to hospital supervisor on weekends. In the early 90's I was part of a team who installed a computer network in my hospital and have been hooked on computers since

I finished an MBA a few years ago (took 8 years to get it ) and have since worked back at my dad's business over accounting/HR/ and computers

I lost one sister in a car accident in 1986 (she was 22) and another in 1997 (she was 23) - both had small children. I have 7 nephews and one niece I am a thousand years old and never married, but will one of these days

In the mid-late 90's I competed in bodybuilding competitions 4 different times... I never was all that good (not big enough for my height), but enjoyed it and prolly will compete next summer when I am eligible for masters competitions. I started lifting weights in 11th grade and have been at it ever since (~22-23 years now ). I play volleyball and softball when I drag myself away from the computer.

In the fall of '98 I met a guy in front of the gym who invited me to a 'bible study' - they haven't been able to make me stop going since then. In the fall of '99 I was volunteered to make a website for the group, I had read in INC magazine how someone was doing well with a ubb on their site, so I bought one for stand's site. A few months later I joined UBB Code Hackers Hideout, answered thousands of questions, moved up the ranks until I became an admin, and we moved the site to ubbdev a couple years ago. Last fall I was asked (or did I beg? )... anyways, I became one of the admins for threadsdev... and here we are

I have an old house in a historic section of town, am driving the wheels off a '98 durango, plan to go back to work in the hospital in the next few weeks, and skiing the first week of january

whew, not sure if I have typed that much at once in a long time

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Cool Allen!

Thanks for sharing.

Admirable work in Nursing. Thanks for completing the puzzle for me at how you became the UBBDev/ThreadsDev "Master Jedi".

BTW - What a fine site stand318.com and threadsdev have become. I personally haven't poked around UBBdev much.. but probably should.

Who's next...?

Last edited by JoshPet; 10/21/2002 1:33 AM.
Addict
Addict
I guess while I have a bunch of uploads running in the background I have time to type about myself. So let me see...

I grew up and still currently live in Michigan. I'm going to be 23 in a few months and I am finishing up my 5th year at Michigan State University studying architecture/landscape architecture. Funny thing is, I had no intentions to ever do anything like that. I started college as a computer engineer. I have used/built computers since I was maybe 12. I was learning C/C++ on my own by 16 (forgot most of it now, lol). So it was only natural to go to college to continue my computer skills.

Well, that's when things changed. I HATE and suck badly at high-level math. I took calculus in high school, did ok, but hated it. Got to college, took calc, almost failed. I hated it even more. I checked out the requirements, and I had to take math classes that I couldn't even pronounce. So.. I opened up the course book and just read the description for every single major my school offered.

So, landscape architecture? Most people think it is just designing residential lawns and/or parks and stuff. But after researching it a bit, I found out they do a lot more and are responsible for nearly everything that is outside of a building. So I had many options of study.

During this time I was still enjoying computers. Also, the whole time in college I have been working for the university's network department. Doing various maintinence, tech support, sales, etc. On the side I was also making websites for fun, playing games, and as of last year, getting involved with my current big project (check my sig).

So here I am, tons and tons of experience in computers, yet studying everything but computers. I love what I'm learning, and I would really love to continue doing so as a career, but I get bored too easily. I mean, a 9-5 job? No way!! What would I do everyday after 5? I would go insane! As it is now, while taking classes I am working 3 steady jobs, probably close to 60 hours a week. That is not including running my websites and such either, which I can do usually from my other jobs when we are slow.

I just cannot see myself sitting at a drafting table for 8 hours, drawing, planning, etc and then just going home basically turning my brain off. I need to be constantly involved, I would need to see the project all the way through. We will see how it turns out. As it stands I am real close to getting my web hosting business up and running. The goal is thanksgiving, but we'll see how that goes. That would be my ultimate goal is to be involved with customers, putting my computer skills to work, etc. I would have my degree to fall back on of course, but I think I would like to try the computer gig first.

Although I don't think my parents would like that idea very well I also have not told my girlfriend this yet either. She just wonders why and complains I am on the computer too much. Soon she will know why if our paycheck starts coming in from the computer BUt anyway, me and her have been together for over 4 years. She is attending law school and we are living together in a ghetto apartment. She doesn't have a job (she can't her 1st year of law school) so that is part of why I need to work so much. We plan on getting engaged next year, and hopefully married in around 2 years. It all really depends on financial situations.

So that's my story. I'm extremely busy, yet enjoy the challenge. I work best under pressure, although I feel like I'm 40 rather than 23, lol.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thank you Jeremy!

That was cool.
I'm surprised... I'm not the youngon' on the site. Usually I am.

I just figured out msula (Michigan State University Landscape Architecht)!

Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
My turn

My name is Nikos Dimopoulos (Nikos being the first name translated to Nick in English). I come from Greece, 32 years of age.

Growing up in Thessaloniki (the second biggest city in Greece) we never had the resources in computers. It was an untouchable subject. Finished high school and all I wanted was to become a DJ cause I loved music - to prove it stands my collection of 3500+ vinyl records (and yes I did buy Kylie's "I should be so lucky")

Having failed the national exams for the university cause I was lazy to study (universities in Greece are state owned and in order to pass you need to get points by scoring as high as possible in 4 written exams), I ended up in a private school where I started a Finance and Accounting degree with Computers. That private school (ICBS) was doing the course in collaboration with the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland.

Inbetween working at my dad's restaurant as a waiter, attending classes, playing music at a local radio station and being a dj in a night club I managed to do quite well in the exams. My course of study was interrupted for a year to do my national service - tank division (unfortunately it is obligatory in Greece) for 19 months and then came back for the 3rd and 4th year.

I got a Bachelors in Finance and Accounting with Computers and set sail to London to do a Masters degree. I attended the Southbank University where I got a MSc in Finance and Investment and before I finished that one, I found an opportunity for an MSc in IT in Queen Mary and Westfield college and I grabbed it.

In the meantime I was a really good Clipper programmer (yes those days) and was beginning exploring Visual Basic 4.0 and SQL Server 6.5.

Before I finished my second MSc I found a job in a Greek textile manufacturing company. Slaving myself on a daily basis to earn a living - since all my family was in Greece, I managed to learn as much as possible. Network admin as well as VB programming were my areas.

I left that job nearly a year and a half later and then I changed jobs every year or so. In the meantime I got married, bought a house and two cars.

I got a divorce nearly two years ago, sold the cars, the house - everything. I even changed jobs, and now I am working as the senior developer/network admin in a hedge fund.

Folllowing my divorce I subscribed to the official Ferrari world club. Through that I found many friends all around the world and even met some people that do work in Ferrari.

Unfortunately all the promises that that club gave went all up in smoke, and loads of my friends - myself included felt cheated. So just because I got pissed off, I bought the threads software and a chat software and set up a club for my friends and myself.

We are only 59 at the moment but we average 70+ messages a day - all hard core Ferrari fans

We all hope that sometime in the future Ferrari will get their act together and provide us with the club we deserve as members. In the meantime we are just having fun.

I heard about the threads from Josh in the official Infopop support forums and am a regular ever since

Hope my life's snapshot was not that boring

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Not at all, all have been very interesting - thanks for sharing

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Nikos for sharing!

Boring? No... never. This thread is actually pretty cool so far... I've gotten to know more about some of the members here... and now they know more about me.

Making it "more than a screen name" helps the sense of community.

Glad I lured you here from the Infopop site .

Thanks again.....

Okay..... Who's Next????

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
**bump-e-d-bump**

I enjoyed getting to know a few of you....
but there are lots of regulars here I'd like to know better.

Addict
Addict
Well, I guess it's my turn to introduce myself now.

My name is Olle Johansson and I live in Sweden, the somewhat cold country in the north of Europe. I grew up in a small town (about 50000 people in all) called Östersund in what is called the northern part of Sweden. Geographically it's smack in the middle though. It's the town that's been trying to get the winter olympics for quite a number of times but never succeeded.

I moved around quite a bit in Sweden, I was born in Uppsala, which has the oldest University of the Northern Countries (founded in 1477). Quite soon my parents moved further north, to a place called Sollefteå, and a few years later they settled down in Östersund where they still live.

In the years 1990 and 1991 my family moved to Tanzania, in East Africa, to do volunteer work so I studied at an english speaking school together with people from all over the world. We also got to go on a lot of Safaris and other kinds of trips, and I've seen more wildebeests than anyone should have to in a lifetime. They're really ugly. =]

When I finished High School I moved to a town called Linköping, which is the fifth largest town in Sweden with a population of 130000 or something. There I lived for about two years trying to study Computer Science at college, which didn't go too well since there was so much other fun things to do. =]

In Sweden there is a government funded college loan organization from where you get money to study, but only if you finish enough courses. Since they didn't want to loan me any more money I got a job as a Web Programmer at a small internet company in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. I stayed there for about two years until I got fed up with the managment and switched to another, more technically oriented company. Unfortunately, they didn't get the funding they'd been promised so they had to let me go after 6 months. A bit sad, since I got quite good pay, but there wasn't much I could do. After that I was unemployed for about a year since no-one in the computer industry employs anyone, at least not here in Sweden. This fall I moved back to Uppsala, where I was born, to study again, also Computer Sciences but a bit more practically oriented than the last time.

I've been interested in computers since my big brother bought a ZX Spectrum some time in the early eighties. Later on, my other older brother and I saved up enough money to buy our own computer, a Commodore 128D. A couple of years later we sold it to buy an Amiga 500 and since then I've owned an Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Amiga CD32 and an Amiga 4000. Nowadays I use an Intel based computer with Linux, which has been my main choice since 1997 (when I first went to college).

I ran a BBS on my Amiga sometime in the years 1994-1996 but had to take it down when I hade hardware problems at the same time as I was called in to serve my country. I was supposed to be a Cryptographer since I scored top points on the IQ test and for some strange reason managed to pass a morse signal test. For reasons I won't bore you with I didn't complete this though.

The website I'm using threads for is www.rollspel.nu which is the largest site in Sweden for pen-and-paper roleplaying, like Dungeons & Dragons. This has been a hobby of mine since something like 15 years back and I've even been on the board of an organization called Sverok, (the Swedish Role Playing and Conflict Gaming Federation,) which is a nationwide, governmentally funded, organization for gamers in Sweden. It has about 25000 members and a yearly budget of about 550 000 US$.

I enjoy writing short stories, and adventures for RPG:s, but don't get enough time to do it nowadays. I have a lot of ideas though and I'd like to finish some of them some day. It would also be nice to write my own RPG, but it is quite a lot of work and will probably never happen. I have however written my own board game, called Ultra Ducks, where you play ducks who can get all kinds of weapons and strange mutations. It's quite hilarious if I may say so myself. It had a print-run of 1000 and it's sold out now, which I'm quite proud of. It was actually possible to buy the game in stores all over Scandinavia.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Olle!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Wow! Cool

Thanks for telling us about yourself, a very interesting background

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Kahuna
Kahuna
Nice one Olle. Thanks for sharing.

One question though.... Why Gardener?

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
Addict
Addict
Well... The BBS that I ran had a cucumber plantation theme, mainly just to distinguish it from other local BBS systems and partly as a joke. So it was just a cosmetic thing, there weren't any discussions about that sort of thing. Everything was renamed to fit the plantation theme, boards were called green houses I think, and posts were called plants. So instead of calling my position Sysadmin or something I called it "Trädgårdsmästare" (which is Swedish for Gardener). After that it kinda just stuck, I felt I needed a new online nick since the one I used before wasn't really me, and Gardener felt more appropriate and I had used it sometimes at other BBS systems.

User
User
Maybe it's time for a little gender balance?

Although I am an administrator on a Threads board (that has yet to get off the ground!), forums aren't really my thing. Neither are computers for that matter although I seem to spend enough hours on mine every day. I like to hang out on this board to pick up tips that might help to improve my website www.saynotogmos.org.

All of you seem to be quite young while I am at the end of or possibly past middle age, however that might be defined. I am a real gardener, not just a virtual one, and grow wonderful organic veggies year round. I jokingly refer to myself as the 'food nazi' - homage a Jerry Seinfeld - as I only eat organic, unprocessed whole foods and NEVER eat out.

My days are very peaceful and uncluttered. The passions of youth and insatiable appetite for experiences have long since faded into the past - been there, done that (yawn). It takes almost a lifetime to discover (if you're lucky) that life is really very simple but most everyone manages to make it quite complicated and themselves miserable in the process of running in a blur from one thing to the next.

It's a good thing take a deep breath and smell the roses too . . .

Peace.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome!

Food Natzi..... LOL I like that (but I'm a BIG Seinfeld fan. )

Thanks for sharing more about you.
You are right... stopping to smell the roses is nice... and something I don't do often enough.

Thanks again for posting.

Guru
Guru
Some of you already know my story, but I figured it's my turn

So, it all started when I was sitting in my mother's womb. I was thinking how this Internet thing was going to be a big thing. Luckily I had wireless in my laptop at the time since I couldn't really talk Ma into running an Ethernet cable to me. I was actually going to sell books online but Ma decided it was time for me to come out and I didn't get time to finish the project. Although I survived the journey to the doctors hands my laptop did not, alas I didn't get to beat Amazon to the punch.

Oh, you mean the real story?

Well let's see. I'm from Washington State. I'm 33 and have been here all my life. My schooling days consisted of 10 years of being a bookworm, never causing any trouble and 2 years of trying to make up for it My nickname does not come from the movies. It's actually from those 2 years. I was in a band at the time and didn't really know how to sing back then, so I screamed. I screamed so much I couldn't talk the day after we played. So, the alterego 'Scream' was born..long before those dreadful movies came out. Ok the first one was pretty good. Oops, I'm digressing..

Had plans to go to college but decided to help my Mom and Dad at the family business working in a shake mill. Big mistake. Spent the next 10 years trying to figure out where I went wrong and how the heck do I get out of this dreadful occupation.

Got my first job on computers about 6 years ago. A friend of mine was working at the local ISP and got me a job there after months of begging, pleading and making a fool of myself. But it worked and I was hired as the webmaster. After trying to run several discussion forums on our website and having them all blow up I decided to write my own. That was about 5 years ago. There are still a couple of people around that were running the early 1.0 and 2.0 versions of WWWThreads (egads that was bad ). Everybody pretty much knows the story from there which leads us up to today.

Since the deal with Infopop I've actually had a bit of time here and there to do something besides peck at the keyboard. You see, I work a full time job during the day at that same local ISP. Now I'm a programmer / network engineer. And I also code UBB.threads (big suprise there )

My free time consists of family, bowling ( I hit my first 300 game last year), golfing (hit my first hole in one last year too ), playing the piano, listening to music, playing my Xbox and enjoying fine cigars (that's my vice). I think that pretty much sums it up.

UBB.threads Developer
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Heya Rick!

Thanks for posting your story!

The mother's womb part made me laugh.

I continue to aspire to the 300 bowling game.... and despite the Carolinas being Golf Central... I haven't gotten further than the driving range (yet).

Thanks.

Addict
Addict
That's really cool Rick. I love to golf as well. Spent a better part of my childhood golfing, won a few state championships when I was 12-15

Now I never have time to golf but do occasionally. I'm still about a 10 handicap though, I think I've gotten worse with age!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]
Had plans to go to college but decided to help my Mom and Dad at the family business working in a shake mill. Big mistake. Spent the next 10 years trying to figure out where I went wrong and how the heck do I get out of this dreadful occupation.
[/]

That's my life story!

Thanks Rick and sisterscape! []http://www.stand318.com/ubb/graemlins/banana.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]
**bump-e-d-bump**

I enjoyed getting to know a few of you....
but there are lots of regulars here I'd like to know better.
[/]

*bump*

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Lurker
Lurker
My name is Tanya. I live and work in Denver for the State of Colorado. I have 2 cats - Lacey and Matty. I am single. I love coffee, Diet Lime Coke, Pizza and Spaghetti. I like "classic" rock music the best. I am huge Clay Aiken fan since American Idol 2. I was raised by my grandparents (long story) and have one older sister who I am sorry to say I am not very close to - we are two very different people. I enjoy some computer games - but not the bloody type. I am a huge Tolkien LOTR fan and Star Trek fan. I :heart: Matt Damon. I love movies, but mostly rent and watch on DVD anymore rather than the theater. I confess I am a big TV watcher. I am also a news junkie. My favorite color is red. I hate housework.

I'm sure all you Starfleet explorers find this absolutely fascinating. But I'm a Bajoran administrator. This is not what I signed up for.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome!

Addict
Addict
My how things have changed in 2 years

Veteran
Veteran
Yep - Josh used to go to Disney once a year, now it is seems like once a month

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
LOL

I went in July - and I'm not going again until September.... then in October, then in November... then in January. So not quite once a month.

Goddess
Goddess
[]JoshPet said:
LOL

I went in July - and I'm not going again until September.... then in October, then in November... then in January. So not quite once a month. [/]

well i won't be home at any of those times, so you won't be able to avoid meeting me.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
**bump**
We've got loads of new people here since this thread was updated just under a year ago.

Old Hand
Old Hand
OK I will bite..

Lets see where do I start.. I guess with my name is good.. I am Willis Calvert and I currently reside in Richmond, Virginia. I grew up in a small town in New Jersey. I was a bad boy and rather misunderstood and graduated high school finally in 1983 after shifting from 6 schools because I acted out and was a juevinile delinquent.. One thing I excelled in was electronics.. I could tear apart and put together anything electronic.. I even had spent a year in Vocational High School learning tube and transistor theory..

After I graduated I joined the Navy and spent 6 years floating around trying to find my place in life... Thats when I was first introduced to computers. I even had a Tandy Color Computer that I modded with a removal keyboard.. But fate as it was I came ashore. I moved around from place to place,, spent a year living and working in Memphis Tennesse, a year in Mobile Alabama, a few months in San Francisco, California and finally planted myself in NY working for a two way radio repair company.

I met my future wife and while working one day had a stair way collapse on me at Columbia University while carrying a radio set down a circular stairwell. I was laid up for two years. The State of NY decided I was permantely partially disabled. They helped me retrain by sending me to the College of Staten Island. While in College I was approached by a large Financial News Organization.. I joined them and never finished my degree.

After about a year, I found out they had an opening for a Field Technician in Richmond, so I told my Boss I wanted to get the Hell ot of New York so they oblighed me...So I moved to Richmond Virginia. I am glad I did because the morning of the 11 of September.. I would have been working in the Windows of the World setting up a conference, we lost 3 guys up there that day...That was my job when I was working in NY...Well I have been living in Richmond since.

Anywho about two years ago I started a website basically so I could have a domain I could always get mail at and anyone could contact me at.. That parlayed into anoter website where I started to use Threads and started to learn PHP. I have created several mods and am always willing to help someone new.. I Bought a house last year.. Me and the Mrs have been enjoying it.

I guess thats about it.. theres much more to the story but I better get back to skinning

Addict
Addict
You get get to know me (formerly known as AKD96) by going here... https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=75748

[/shameless plug]

Coder
Coder
well, I never did this so here it goes......

My real name is Troy Vannatter. I live in the great state of Florida in Ft.Lauderdale. (dont be mad. I get for free what everyone wants to pay for, sunshine and heat!)

I work for wachovia bank and have been for 4 years. I started in gaming with starcraft and then broodwar. Eventually I went on to other games but played thoose for a loooooong time. I started playing with websites and design by using all the free sites that were available.

After finding that it was fun I purchased a domain name and started a gaming/guild site named "AZN" (we were popular in the sc and bw communities). After loosing 2 years worth of information and hard work due to the hosting company just dropping off the face of the earth one day and removing all info from the servers, I decided to rent a server and purchase a resellers license and host my own sites.

Thus began the life of leetgamers

I now host 18 sites and have converted 4 of them over to get threads licenses.

thats my story.......

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
great stories, thanks

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849