I know this is old news, but I'm reposting this since the post has been lost.
Posted by David Dreezer at http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/42784/an/0/page/0#Post42784
UBB.threads version 6.5.2 has been released to the Member Area.
Though version 6.5.2 doesn’t look any different, but there are a lot of significant changes underneath.
The larger changes –
We’ve changed form validation methods for all forms used in UBB.threads. When you update you’ll need to make sure all of the files that the updater lists have been uploaded.
We’ve modified the method of tracking posts that have been read. Though the behavior is the same as version 6.5.1, the coding for it has been updated. We now require PHP version 4.1 or newer for post tracking to work properly and consistently.
Tech note: Please note that we’re setting session expiration to 120 minutes minimum, if you are using PHP version 4.2 or up. If you are using PHP 4.1 we do not. If you are on PHP 4.1 your session time out will be server default. If you’re on PHP 4.2 or up but server does not allow modification to sessions settings then the server default will be the expiry. This will effect forms, log in validation, and post read markers.
Smaller updates or changes -
- You can no longer delete the last category
- New post tracking now works better when linked directly to a topic without visiting the parent forum first
- Post anchors were not correctly formed in expanded view
- Content Islands could contain unapproved posts
- Splitting a topic would not update the topic data correctly
- Newer PHP versions no longer complain about a possible session bug
- New installs should now have proper default settings for the search page
- The edit link is no longer visible to normal users after the edit time has elapsed
- The altertable and createtable scripts were updated to remove syntax that was causing failures under MySQL 4.1
- Fixed a possible failure of the HTML/UBBCode selection dropdown box on the new topic/reply form
- Fixed a possible failure of the edit form to pick up the proper HTML/UBBCode selection from when the post was originally created
- File version checking while performing an upgrade should always detect the proper file versions now
- Unregistered users will no longer get a corrupted date display when certain default settings are used
- Fixed a syntax error in admin/changeuser.php
- Added a filter to the forum keyword field to remove illegal characters
- There should no longer be a form key error after previewing a post
- The Remember Me checkbox will now appear properly in cookie mode
- The "show all" option on postlist should now work properly
- The mailer has been adjusted slightly to include ‘>’ and ‘<’ for cases where they should appear, and exclude them when they should not.
- The mailer has also been adjusted to include the correct number of ‘From:’ headers.
- The sessions directory path setting has been moved in the control panel from it’s old location (primary settings, advanced options) to the paths and URLs tab. It makes more sense for this path setting to be with the rest of the path settings.