Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#293181 02/16/2005 2:18 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Posted by David Dreezer at UBBCentral.

[]
UBB.threads 6.5.1 has been released to the member area.

While there are no new features in this version, as you can see from the list below, there has been a lot of time spent working on polish and details.
This shall be the last release of the UBB.threads line barring major changes required for the importer. Thank you for your patience on this release, we like the way it came out and we think it's worth the wait. Thank you also for remaining loyal UBB.threads customers. We think that you'll be pleased with what is to come

Remember to keep your Member Area access up to date and your subscription to our newsletters current. The new downloadable product started it's closed testing cycle today and is not that far over the horizon. Your Member Area access will carry over so you'll want to make sure you don't let it expire, and you'll want to remain on the mailing list for the newsletters to keep up on progress.[/]

For the complete list of changes, view the post at UBBCentral.com.

small note: v6.5.1.1 is out and contains code to prevent SQL Injection hacking. Nothing more is included in that release.

Last edited by scroungr; 03/11/2005 11:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran

All we need now is Anno's subforums for 6.5.1

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Working on it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
6.5.1 is locked and loaded at Drumlines.org!

Next stop... "UBB.Uber"

Sponsored Links
[]Ian_W said:

All we need now is Anno's subforums for 6.5.1 [/]

lol, was gonna say the same thing.
We now have full post-tracking with this mod!
Time for me to renew my members access over at ubbcentral me thinks....

Power User
Power User
[]

This shall be the last release of the UBB.threads line barring major changes required for the importer. Thank you for your patience on this release, we like the way it came out and we think it's worth the wait. Thank you also for remaining loyal UBB.threads customers. We think that you'll be pleased with what is to come
[/]

Forgive me for asking, but what is the next product to come? Will ubb.t communities like it?

Veteran
Veteran

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
>We now have full post-tracking with this mod!

Unforttunately not, 6.51 is still buggy.
But I am going to realse the subforums tomorow nevertheless, for the people who want to install them.

Thanks Anno.

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran

Addict
Addict
Too buggy for my likes. I am currently in the process of reverting back to 6.5. My advise - avoid 6.5.1.

yeah, i havent upgraded yet due to this.

Veteran
Veteran
Got to disagree here - 6.5.1 is much better than 6.5 - okay not perfect, but much better. Post tracking is still a bit ropey (in fact it was better in b3) - but in 6.5 it was awful.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
>But I am going to realse the subforums tomorow nevertheless, for the people who
>want to install them.

Well, today I relased a bet version to beta testers, I want to see how it performs before.
If you bought this mod and want to test it out, please come over to ThreadAddons
http://www.threadsaddons.com/forum/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/subforums

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
In modifications I posted advise to resolve it.

Veteran
Veteran
Would probably be better posting any bug fixes over at http://www.ubbcentral.com

My concern is that nobody over there seems to have addressed 'any' of the bugs that 6.5.1 has brought to us, including omissions from language files, etc.

That is one reason I have not upgraded yet. I don't have any serious issues with 6.5 - and it does not look like 6.5.1 is going to be 'fixed' anytime soon either.

I like the fact they are working diligently on the new product, but 6.5.1 just leaves me a bit uneasy.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I did it

I may hold off on moving to 6.5.1 myself -I've got a heavily hacked forum and it would take quite a while, even with Beyond Compare, to go through all the changed files. If there are no security concerns with 6.5 then I might as well wait for the new forum scripts from Info Pop since I'm not having any major issues...

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
>. If there are no security concerns with 6.5

Well, there were, some quite serious actually. MySQL injections and alike.

I just tried to upgrade to 6.5.1 from 6.5 and uploaded all of the files as requested. The process failed, and Infopop stated the reason why is that I overwrote the file called "config.inc.php in the /includes directory" which I didn't back up. Did other users who upgraded *not* overwrite this file for some reason?

Old Hand
Old Hand
well those of those that have upgraded before many times know that main.inc.php and config.inc.php should be backed up and never overwriteen.. those are the two most important files and hold the information the software needs to know about your particular server and its paths and urls.. sorry to hear that you have but it's not the end of the world.. just plug in the correct values in the files and all should be well..

Veteran
Veteran
As a general rule - ignore the 'includes' folder when upgrading. Don't worry most people have overwritten these type of files at one time or another over the years. As scroungr said, just enter the new values and away you go....

Thanks for that. I managed to find a backup that my webhost had made. Seems strange that this isn't mentioned in the upgrade instructions (as far as I could see).

Veteran
Veteran
Glad to see all is well now.

If it was missing from a document that you was looking at - then perhaps that needs mentioning to IP - http://www.ubbcentral.com/support/docs/ubbthreads/UBBThreads_within_licensed_upgrade.html is the online copy of it.

Was anyone going to mention 6.5.1.1?

Old Hand
Old Hand
6.5.1.1 is a security update where they fixed the SQL security injection issue and nothing more.

I know that, but I figured someone should announce it here as not all people go to UBBCentral daily

This is just a stepping stone to 6.5.2/

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Or 6.5.1.2

[] From Infopop (Groupee) June Newsletter:

6.5.2 is coming! Version 6.5.2 is progressing nicely, and we should have the beta ready for the Member Area next week. [/]

Any news on the status of the new program? It was supposed to be released Spring 2005 and not a peep about it to date. Quelle suprise!

Jason

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
The BETA is supposed to come out in the Summer. No year specified

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Guess they wait just 1 day until the expiry of my membership prolongation.

And because UBBT is not developed any further, there is no reason for a further prolongation, right?

What a mess...

I guess that's why they don't like to announce dates; however, in this situation they had to because there has to be news of new developments to keep interest in the product--and membership renewals. It was made very clear that 6.5.1.1 would be the end of the line for .threads (and .classic, which ever version it's at).

I like this product and simply put, I like the company because of it. Just wondering if there is any news available about progress of the up and coming new downloadable BB for registered/licenced owners whom InfoPop sent e-mails to announcing it's Spring arrival, last year.

Anyone in the know?

Thanks,

Jason

P.S. Caymuc, I believe Josh is involved in an alternate product, might want to ask around about it... or google it... think it's called Fusion BB.

P.S.S. Anno, "-- Release of the new product is not expected until Spring 2005" ...which was e-mailed to registered users and posted here: http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/38213/an/0/page/1#38213. I posted the following to my members so as not to get their hopes up about it, that is the ones interested: "This [6.5.1.1] is the final (planned) update for Infopop's UBB.threads product line. Our next upgrade will be to the up and coming new generation bulletin board, which will be an entirely new product all together. The expected release date is this Spring... although I have my doubts! I think that Summer is a more realistic timeline for release."

Hello? Anybody? Josh? Does anyone have any insight or even a tidbit of news about the up and coming new product release?

Jason

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I haven't heard anything about the new GroupPee downloadable product. In fact, given the recent mass-emails they sent out offering people deals on "eve" I wonder if it's still planned. You'll find some other discussion in the 6.5.2 release thread in this forum.

They supposedly had 'issues' with the coding and direction of it, and had to scrap a portion of the code to rewrite how it worked.

THATS never good.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
unless the final product benefits from the changes Bad for release schedules tho and doesn't give me as much to complain about once it does get released

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63