Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Interviewed by: Bookie
Spotlighted Site: GlassRattler.com

We were lucky enough to catch up with the second place winner of UBBDev's Member Spotlight, Devon Shannon from Glassrattler.com. To see just how he was able to pull of creating such a beautiful board.

UBBDev: What is your background and how long have you been on the web?

Glassrattler: My background had nothing to do with computers or the web, but I have been playing around on the net for the last 3 or 4 years.

UBBDev: How did you brainstorm the idea behind GlassRattler?

Glassrattler: I saw a need for fans around various leagues to have a place to talk about there team.

UBBDev: How long has GlassRattler been on the web for?

Glassrattler: Glassrattler was started in August of 2001.

UBBDev: What was your reason for purchasing the ubb for your site?

Glassrattler: After seeing a few sites like Clan 3:16 and the Netwerkin sites, and seeing what all could be done. Getting a UBB was a pretty easy choice.

UBBDev: What do you like and dislike most about the UBB?

Glassrattler: Likes, no question the flexibility to customize a UBB. Dislikes huh, can't really think of any other than my UBB seems to be a bandwidth hog.

UBBDev: What do you do to keep your site "fresh" and what do you recommend to keep people coming back for more?

Glassrattler: I am always looking to improve GlassRattler, from something as simple as adding new Avatars or a whole new look, just anything to keep the members from getting bored with the site.

UBBDev: Name the mod to your ubb that you like the best, and name the mod your users like the best?

Glassrattler: Not really a mod anymore with 6.2, but I like Who's Online, it lets you see how much traffic you are getting and let you know what topics are interesting to your members. My member love there Avatars, no question that is the most important to them.

UBBDev: Which mod, do you feel, is most beneficial to your ubb? In other words, which one modification is an absolute necessity on your ubb?

Glassrattler: Again I would probably say the Avatar hack not that it is really "beneficial" but it gives each member there own personality.

UBBDev: Your community appears to be quite lively, what do you do to attract member to register at your forums?

Glassrattler: I have listed GlassRattler with a bunch of search engines and I also got most of the Team website to give me a link to GlassRattler. I am really happy with the growth of GlassRattler, this month will be the first time that GR will have over 400,000 pages viewed... YAHOO!

UBBDev: Are there any "tricks of the trade" you'd like to share that any ubb owner can use to improve the success of their site?

Glassrattler: No not really, I would say stay up with all the latest post on UBBDEV because there is a ton of great information on there for improving your site..

UBBDev: What are your future plans for your site?

Glassrattler: GlassRattler is getting allot of traffic from Team Owners, Coaches & Players, which is awesome for the fans because it keeps them updated with all the latest news about there favorite teams. I not only want to make GlassRattler a great site for the hockey fans, but I would love to see it be a world wide contact point for Coaches looking for Players and Players looking for employment.

UBBDev: Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, this award is truely deserved.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849