Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#286356 01/27/2002 9:27 PM
Written by: MasterMind, aka, Greg Hard
Sources Include: TechTV's The Screen Savers, Neowin.net's Forums

MasterMind's Review
Processor hell is among us. Pranks galore, people saying the Athlon XP 3000+ Prototype is among the rise when they opened photoshop and changed the text and color to make it look different. They even made a fake POST boot screen. People have way to much time on their hands -- this rumor is CRUSHED.

Lindows
Ever want to use linux programs on windows and windows programs on linux (without installing linux? ), the LINDOWS is for you. Lindows is a new, revolutionary OS, that allows you to run a stable OS and Linux/Windows programs easily. Like installing Mandrake or even Redhat is hard? LindowsOS
MasterMind Says: Give me a break!

Funny Story 1 - Blame Ron Patterson

I received a call from a customer concerning a problem that their computer was "Eating CD's". This computer was a new build a few weeks earlier, and I had not experienced any trouble at all with the system. From the subject of the phone call, and the desperation is this woman's voice, I felt compelled to go to their house and figure out the problem.

When I went to their house, the woman explained that she was very upset that this has been happening. She has purchased tons of new games and other software for her kids, totaling an amount of over $300.00 so far, and that I should be responsible for payment, since the computer that I built has destroyed (or been "Eating") her software.

I powered on the machine and ejected the CD tray. Opened and closed without a hitch. I tried this a few times, and then asked if I could see on of the CD's that the drive had ruined. (We have ALL used on of those CD-ROM's that, when you open the tray, the CD is still spinning and scores the bottom of the disc). She replied that she does not have them any longer, because the CD-ROM has been eating them.

I opened up the computer case, and sure enough, it seemed some 20 CD's were lying inside on the bottom of the case. I just sat there....looking down at these CD's......and the I looked at her; speechless.

I asked her to load a CD into the computer as I watched.

Sure enough, she slipped a compact disc between the CD drive the 5.25" slot cover below it...and "clink"....right into the bottom of the case.

This IS a true story.

Continued on Page 2...

Sponsored Links
#286357 01/27/2002 9:34 PM
Funny Story 2 - Blame Marc

How about the woman that decided to drag explorer to the trash and delete it because she "didn't think I would need that. I use AOL!"
She's proud of that?

Funny Story 3 - Blame the Puppets?

I get a call from an elderly gentleman who is having both browsing and email problems. I figure email is the easiest so I begin to have him setup Outlook Express. When we get to our server address of course I say .com and he asks me "Hey I got a question, like when I am browsing around, sometimes I just put in yahoo and it goes but 90% of the time nothing works, is that .com important?" I of course almost burst into laughter and tell him yes it is and so is www. and without missing a beat he replied "You know now it makes sense people to referring to the internet with their www's and their .com's. Thanks i get it now" and hangs up. DUH!

MasterMind says: That's all for this issue. Join us next time when I talk speed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63