Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
Hi all, I am running 6.5 and just moved webhost... well everything should have been fine it ended up not. The forum constantly show white/Blank pages for the users every 2-8 click all depending... the log says that 'max_user_connections' have been reached.

The host only allows 20 and I am not sure if that normally should be enoug or not? The forum have 20-40 simular users online usually, the record is 178. On the setup I found persistant connection to be on... so I turned this off, however nothing really seamed to help???

1. Does UBB threads not properly close connections?
2. Is the 20 limit a problem for a forum with the mentioned number of users logged in at the same time?
3. Is there anything else than can be causing this?

Any tips and comments are welcome, getting frusteradet as it looks i need to move from the host we just moved to!

Christian

Organizer
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
20 will be enough for small-medium websites, your website may need more.

Make sure persistent connections are actually turned off, I'd check again, that sounds like where the issue may be.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
I checked the include for the config and persistant is set to ""... I also edited the sql.inc or whatever it is called that I believe is the one file that opens all connections and the line that could start query_pconnect I fixed so that it anyway only can do a query_connect!

It does for me still sound like something else is wrong, but I can't figure out what.

1. Do ubb threads close its connections anywhere? I cant see the use of mysql_close() anywhere... but there might be another way it does it that I am not aware of?

2. My change above to make very sure it uses non persistant is coorect?

3. For around 50-10 users using the forum all the time, how many connections would me a good minimum that should let everything run smooth?

Also added an attachment showing current processlist
Attachments
129239-processlist.gif (0 Bytes, 44 downloads)

Organizer
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the country. You've got some awful long connections there - it really does seem like persistant connections are on. What version of php/mysql are you running? I'm really not sure if threads closes connections properly - that'd be a question for Rick, he's by occasionally, hopefully he'll have an answer for that.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63