Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coder
Coder
I know this has been asked and probably posted here before. I also tried the search but after 15 or so tries and having to wait some time in between the searches i gave up on searching.

Im going to try to explain what I want to do. Im guessing its gonna be super easy for someone to do (*cough*) but for me its been hell so far.

Quite plainly, I want to have a page that people go to and fill in the blanks. The answers from the blanks get put into a sql datablase. Another page will display the "name" of the info the user added and then when clicked takes you to a page with the info displayed.

In other words...

In the game world of warcraft, there are like a thousand quests to do. I want to be able to go to a page an add the info needed to to finish the quest. The page would have questions like
question 1
question 2
question 3
and so on up to a total of something like 10 questions. One they are answered and submitted. they go to sql. Then from another page all the quest names are displayed in order and accessed that way. An option to add would to also be able to print out that page. Then anyone could have a complete book of all the quests to do.

did I make any scence at all....

I dont have $$ to hire someone so I posted here. I figured I could ask enough questions (basically bug everyone ) untill I finally get it right...

btw, there is nothing like this online for the game of wow. A printable book off all the quests. hmmmmmm....

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand

DrChaos - you need to install the WOW Profiler and get your members to use the Character Profiler. Here is an example (I have not 100% configured it after the last updates, so it 'partially' works).

http://www.bladekeep.com/wow/profiler/

This is me for example: http://www.bladekeep.com/wow/profiler/char.php?name=Medar&server=Archimonde

Coder
Coder
I know about thotbot but you have to go through alot of clicking and ads to get to your quest. It would be nice to get it all on easy access pages. There is also another one called goblinworkshop(.com) that has a ton of info.

And where do I get that profiler. that is sweet...

Last edited by DrChaos; 05/17/2005 8:18 AM.
It is spread out all over the place...there are a few basic components.

1. The php 'packages' that will read and store the XML data in a database.
2. The Guild Extractor that will snag the 'Guild' tab in game (when opened) and store it on your PC for upload.
3. The Character Profiler that will snag all the game information and store it locally on your PC for upload.
4. The uploader programs (optional but suggested) that will upload your SavedVariables.lua file to a URL of your designation when you exit the game. You can also do this manually.

One place to start is wowprofilers.com - but if you want me to shoot you what I have, just shout.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
ok. i went through your site extensivly. I really like that program. and I sen your bank like 100 rune cloth :-\ IM jeloous.. lol

consider this a shout im going to try to set it up today since I got home from work early.

I cant wait to get this installed and working.

Cool - I have a post detailing everything necessary, the only extra piece you need is the Guild Updater add-in (works automatically). I will shoot you a link for that, it is 3 files that snags your guild roster and you need to do that first.

Here are the instructions I have. Ignore the wisenheimers in our guild

http://www.bladekeep.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1557900

Coder
Coder
Woot. working on it right now.

BTW, did your main profile page come like that or did you create that?

Naw, that is all stock. I don't really use those pages much, but have them loaded for reference. Will find that package and the guild extract for you, and you should be set.

Old Hand
Old Hand
What? No 300 Fisherman Medar?

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
Thx medar (im a copy cat) Meeeeow.

I got it all installed on the server but im having trouble getting the stats to show. I did the entire setup and im using the uploader you have there

but the page only shows the initial set up like they have in the tutorial.

leetgamers.org/wow/profiler thats the set up page they say I should see. if you want to see what I have in the config I can shoot it to you.

You will need this as well...the guild extract so you can make your initial guild upload (which then allows character uploads)

http://medar.bladekeep.com/guildextract_v2.zip

Put that in your addons as well, run the game, open your guild tab, and it should say "Guild Info Saved". Then upload to the 'other' update file - and you should be good from there forward.

Coder
Coder
Let me ask you a ?, Is there a way for others that are not in the guild to use it? can anyone upload and see the information?

Nope, how this works is as follows:

1. You use the guild extract to upload the initial roster into the MEMBERS table.

2. Your guild members are flagged in the SV.lua file as "YourGuild" - and when they use their Character Profiler Addon to upload their data, the script makes a check against the MEMBERS table. If it finds their name in there, it checks again to make sure the guild name matches the guild in their SV.lua file - if so, it adds the character information to various tables, the main one being PLAYERS (and stores the ID from the MEMBERS table as a link).

If the guild name does not match...it disregards and moves to the next. This was built this way so that guilds could snag only their members' "tagged" characters. For example I have Medar, Megar, and Radem - but only Medar is tagged as SSB. I don't really want the others uploading...

Now with a few minor changes to the wowdb.php file, YES you can have everything upload.

And as a side-note, I will soon get to work integrating this into Threads or vBulletin (why Threads at this point I don't know...its a sickness).

I would be -extremly- interested in seeing something done on this, particularly with .threads. I've been thinking about trying to look at the profiler stuff to get some of this information online for my guild site, but have been so busy I haven't had a chance to look at it and don't have a clue where to begin.

Well right now I have my guild use the "Public Note" section in-game as a spot to place that character's "Forum Name". What that does is give me a comparison point. You can use the Officer note just as easily, but doing that makes integrating with Threads (or anything) a ton easier, as all you have to do is match the names up.

I did use for quite a while an expanded members area that allowed forum users to enter character data manually, and we used that for roster information and signature generation. But right now we are only playing (on a large scale) two games - DAOC and WOW. Both have XML capabilities, so we pull everything instead of hand-entering it. Makes it a ton easier.

What would you guys want to see integrated?

Coder
Coder
ok, ok, ok.... soooo....

How hard would it be to do this....
You know where you are displaying "Sacred Silver Blades Honour System Stats" on the right? Make that to display the Guild names.

1. Make it so anyone, guilded or not, can upload their stats file and have a profile.

2. If they are in a guild it will place them under their guild name and if ther not it would place them under the un-guilded name.

3. Take all the stats you have in the Sacred Silver Blades Honour System box and have it pull the same ifo but get it from everyone that has profile.
Example:
you have 3 guilds Run, Gun, Bun.
A member from gun has the most DK but a member from run has a higher HK. So it would display that like, member name, guild name, what they have as a score.

Then where all the guild names are listed yo can click their name and see the stats for members in just that guild.

Is this a bit much? I could go on with this for hours and add more I just dont have the php knowledge...

Oh all that is very possible. If you remove the guild 'limitation' from the upload, you can have anyone you want pointed to your update.php, and they can upload whenever they desire.

The code would have to be changed around to accomodate, but yea, that is all very doable.

I have modified even the standard code dump, and I have it tied to my "member" names on the forum. What that does is allow them to click on MEMBER PROFILE up top, and enter further information...IE - their Race, Gender, whether that character is still active (internal flag for display purposes), and some comments on what 'gear' they need.

I take all that and auto-generate sigs at 2am each night, that way we can link them on any forums we troll...and show our changes automatically. I will add Honor to the sigs here shortly...here is mine:

[]http://bladekeep.com/wow/sigs/Medar.png[/]

So yea, all of that is possible...just takes time.

Coder
Coder
Medar, Medar, Medar.... Can I have your kids?

Man thats sweet. I seen the sigs when I was browsing the forums but didnt know they were auto updated.

well, getting back on track. Do I need to start saving up now so I can pay for some mods to it? I certainly dont expect for you or any one to do it free because of the time involved and I know that they can spend the time doing things they need or for paying customers so please let me know.

Thanks a ton medar for everything you do!

Coder
Coder
ok, I loaded the guild roster and it said, guild updated.

But i still cant get anything to upload to show. on the 4 selectin are top of the page?
IM geting the same error over and over.
[] [17-May-2005 15:52:26] PHP Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/****/public_html/wow/profiler/data/uploads/PHPUpload-phpkIkLJe): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/****/public_html/wow/profiler/update.php on line 11 [/]

I set the permission to full access on everything and even created a folder named PHPUpload-

bah.

EDIT:
New error. I went through the entire setup from scratch and the only error im getting is this
Code
 <br /> <br /><b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function:  lua_parse() in <b>/home/****/public_html/wow/profiler/update.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br /> <br /> 

on line 15 there is $data = lua_parse( $filename );
Thats the error im getting from UniUploader

Silly question...have you tried updating manually?

And if Allen or anyone needs us to take this offline, we can....but it SORTA ties into Threads

Coder
Coder
I took the saved file and put a copy in every folder. nothig

Naw...there is an update.php page you have to URL to...use that. None of the SV.lua files are saved on your site any longer...they just auto-upload and delete.

It should be something like...
http://www.leetgamers.org/wow/profiler/admin/update.php

If you want to hook me up with FTP and phpMyAdmin access temporarily, I will see if I can get this working for you, and we will worry about 'unguilding' it later.

Coder
Coder
I got it working around 1 am

I removed everything. Then used the files you sent me to get and BAM! its on.

I also changed it from /profiler to /roster .

Its looking great.

Very cool

Can I get those files, Medar? I've been fiddling with this the last couple of days with the Roster 1.03 (I think) from WoW Profilers, but have been dealing with other stuff as well, and haven't gotten everything functioning yet.

Coder
Coder
continued:

Anyone know why the main page that shows all the members dont update?

The page still shows me as a 38 (what I was hen it was installed) but now im a 40 and the only page that shows it is the member page.

You have to update that with a fresh guild upload...

IE the updateMembers.php page.

It was segregated that way so that a guildmaster could simply use that piece and update his roster whenever he wanted with the basic info, OR if he wanted, he could combine it with the Character Profiler and have names link in.

Coder
Coder
im having trouble loading a new guild memners page so all the new mwmbers are listed.

I have guildexrtact and guildprofiler installed in the interface and the guild page in game says its updated but I cant figure out how to load it to the net again. I only get errors when tring to load the file by using updatemembers.php

Coder
Coder
ok. jot it back working again.

Now, If I want let anyone upload their profile, do I just remove everythig that says "guild"?

I only see it in a few places. Im not going to worry about everything else I was looking to do. I just want people to upload their file and it update the list.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63