Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
If ytou want to take a look at my problem http://dvdquestions.com.au and look at the image/link I have down at the footer html include. The image is like misaligned on half of the pages you visit becauase the background image doesn't line up (with the lines of the link image) and I don't know what to do.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Just change <div align="right"> to <div align="center"> in your footer HTML, if I understand you correctly.

User
User
No, I don't think you do.

My background image is a couple of grey lines against a black matte. My image that is in the footer html include also has the same background but when different pages load the lines don't line up between the image and the background image on 50% of pages.

Does that explain?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Ah, that clarifies.

To be honest the image is so dark that I can't even perceive the misalignment you're referring to regardless, at least using 1024x768 res at 16 bpp. And my monitor has very good definition. It simply appears as a flat black.

What are you using to notice this so easily?

Anyway, you shouldn't be using the same image again for the footer. Don't define any background image except in your css BODY class, and it will then allow the body background image to show through in your P,TABLE,TD,TR class

Here's an example...

Code
body { <br />	background-color: #00003f; <br />             background-image: url('/ubbthreads/images/my_background_image.gif'); <br />	border: 0px none; <br />	margin: 0px; <br />	padding: 0px <br />} <br /> <br />P,TABLE,TD,TR { <br />	font-family: Tahoma, Ms Sans Serif, Verdana, Arial, helv, Times New Roman, Times, serif; <br />	font-size: 12px; <br />	color: #ffffff; <br />	font-weight: normal; <br />}  

Lemme know if you can get it to work by doing what I mentioned.

User
User
Hi

I'm using 1400 x 1050 and it is quite obvious. Maybe you are looking at one of the pages where the lines line up. For me, the search page is out of allignment http://www.dvdquestions.com.au/ubbthreads/search.php?Cat=0 but the callender isn't http://www.dvdquestions.com.au/ubbthreads/calendar.php?Cat=0

I'm afraid I must have the same image in the background of the said image because I need it to be a jpg. Using a gif file type with alpha is not very good quality. png isn't working and nor is tif.

The only place I have mentioned the background image is in the css BODY style, I haven't put it in the html header or footers.
The image I want done there needs to have the same background to it or have transparency but as I said gif, tif and png are no good in this instance.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
That just isn't going to be easy to solve unfortunately since the page size isn't fixed.

You'll either need to make it a transparent gif, or make the image background a solid colour.

If you had used vertical lines and not horizontal ones for your background image, the problem wouldn't exist since the width is usually fixed (unless it gets stretched by a large image). But that may not be what you want.

User
User
That's what I was afraid of, I can't use my logo now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63