Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#282309 11/26/2004 3:48 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey, I've never gotten this error before... and can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried changing the permissions and stuff but that doesn't seem to be it. Any advise?

Code
 Internal Server Error <br />The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. <br />Please contact the server administrator, webmaster[a.t]schoolscandals.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. <br /> <br />More information about this error may be available in the server error log. <br /> <br /> <br />Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. <br /> 

Oh yeah, and I only get it when I'm trying to edit anything from the Controll Panel

Last edited by SchoolScandals; 11/26/2004 3:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
TestPappy #282310 12/03/2004 10:15 PM
User
User
I do not have the answer but I am having the same problem on one of my boards hosted on a site with Cpanel...

All was working fine and all of the sudden those messages start to pop up

Any ideas as to what may cause the problem and how to fix it?

spoily88 #282311 12/04/2004 2:47 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nope but I sure got excited when I saw a responce lol. I'm still looking for the answer. Any help guys?

TestPappy #282312 12/04/2004 11:23 AM
Coder
Coder
a few things I have found. This is totally from people saying they had the same problem..

one guy said " I was experiencing this same problem...but when I changed the path for the $serveDir variable while defining the configuration parameters to be the FULL pathname starting at root the problem was fixed."

(even I dont know what that means)

Another guy said that it was fixed when he uploaded a new index file to the main dir.

the last and most common reason for it was what this guy is talking about...

"The first thing to check is if you have a file called ".htaccess" in the directory you're trying to read. If this file contains instructions which the web server doesn't know how The first thing to check is if you have a file called ".htaccess"
in the directory you're trying to read. If this file contains
instructions which the web server doesn't know how to parse, then it will generate this error message, and the simplest way to fix the problem is to remove the file or replace it with an existing file from somewhere else.

Remember to make a copy of this file before you remove it! to parse, then it will generate this error message, and the simplest way to fix the problem is to remove the file or replace it with an existing file from somewhere else.

Remember to make a copy of this file before you remove it!

spoily88 #282313 12/05/2004 9:40 PM
User
User
Thanks
Will try it as soon as I get a good ht.access file

I get this when trying to make a thread sticky and doing many other things. No recent changes or mods have been made.

[] Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [][email protected][/] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/]

Sponsored Links
spoily88 #282314 12/05/2004 9:45 PM
Kahuna
Kahuna
One time I saw this error was when the files themselves did not have execute permissions (755 I think). You might want to experiment with that route.

Nikos

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63