Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#281287 10/25/2004 1:07 PM
I have been installing this for a few clients here and there, and started goofing with this code integrating into other products.

I was curious if anyone out here has ever attempted to integrate Coppermine Photo Gallery into the UBB.Threads login? I know they integrate with other forums, just never had heard anyone talk about it here.

Besides Coppermine, are there other alternatives to Photopost? I know about Gallery, but being flat-file based is a detriment these days.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
Coppermine is still a good choise. On UBB Photopost was the first integrated gallery and this was promoted (a little bit ). I use Copermine for standalone and Photopost for my mainsite.

You do the same thing I do, I have Photopost on two sites (my main and a buddy of mine who liked it)...but for the sites that don't need anything elaborate or don't want to spend the money, I use Coppermine.

The code is a bit borky...but I am figuring it out. Was a bit surprised nobody had ever integrated it here.

Hacker
Hacker
Well, it also helped that I was a huge Threads fan. In fact, I got hooked up with PhotoPost when I wrote the integration for the Perl version several years back. Threads has always had an edge in development since all my own sites run them.

Coppermine is a good free alternative, one of the better free scripts I've seen; but I've never looked at the code to know how hard an integration might be.

I could probably muddle myself through it (they have a number of "bridges" to other products), but for everyone I set up thus far - if they want to spend some cash on their site, I usually suggest Threads and Photopost (if they need gallery capabilities).

Unless they are totally against either product (or want to go the free route), they have always liked both Threads and Photopost.

Coppermine in terms of code is decently solid, I am just so used to Threads and how easy it is to navigate through the code, add/change things around, etc, that Coppermine is almost foreign at first glance. I am ironically coding a front-end (albeit I am sure a buggy one) for my clients that 'just' want Coppermine and the semblance of a portal.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone worked up a .threads/Coppermine bridge?

Naw, I instead wrote a news front-end for Coppermine that works similar to IIP - but is much simpler and is NOT a message forum.

At this point a threads bridge will never happen since Threads is unfortunately dead.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63