Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Old Hand
Old Hand
Mod Name / Version: Feature Shop 1.7

Description: Are you ever not around when Someone needs a Title Changed or Their Name Changed or Anything else that requires your presence as Admin? Ever wanna Hold Auctions and Offer things up for Sale? Well Here it is.. The UBB Threads 6.5 Shop..

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.5

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: Ubb THreads 6.5

Author(s): scroungr

Date: 10/22/04

Credits:

Files Altered: /ubbthreads/languages/english/online.php, /ubbthreads/languages/english/showflat.php, /ubbthreads/languages/english/showthreaded.php, /ubbthreads/languages/english/editdisplay.php, addpost.php, adduser.php, dopoll.php, showthreaded.php, showflat.php, changedisplay.php, deletepost.php, changebasic.php, /ubbthreads/templates/default/showthreaded.tmpl, /ubbthreads/templates/default/showflat.tmpl, /ubbthreads/templates/default/editdisplay.tmpl

If using IIP in the shoutaddpal.php

New Files: Shop Language Files, Shop Template Files, Shop PHP Files

Database Altered: YES

Info/Instructions:
Detailed Instructions enclosed

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.
Attachments
121815-theshop.zip (0 Bytes, 305 downloads)

Last edited by scroungr; 03/07/2005 8:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sounds cool, but what does it do? Offer things like name changes for a price?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, this sounds awesome-- please elaborate.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Yes you set in the admin Panel what points you want to give for such things as taking Polls, Making Polls, Doing Shouts, How many words or Characters a post has.. and subtract em if the user deletes a post.. so these points build up and you can purchase items that you put up in the Item Section or Purchase Features such as ChangeName ChangeTitle Larger Signatures, Images in Signatures, Glowing Names (Flashes in Mozilla), Shadowed Names ( backgrounded in Mozilla), etc.. You can also Auction Off items you buy and when the auction is over you get the points and the user gets the item...

see it for yourself at

CT Shop

Login Threadsdev
Password Threadsdev

Interesting idea Scroungr. Very cool.

Sponsored Links
Very kewl! can you actually put items "for sale" in there? like a forum garage sale of sorts?

how do you go about collecting points on your site?

Old Hand
Old Hand
in a sorts.. say you have a widget that you want to sell.. just add an item called widget and sell it.. allows ya to set stock levels on it also.. and then when someone buys the widget it will show up in their profile that they bought a widget... will also subtract the widget from stock.. its not a powerful one like say Photopost's Classifies but it allows for a little fun.. check it out at Couch Tomatoe

Coder
Coder
A few questions.

There is an option to change names and colors of names and add shadows to names. When playing with it, I added a color and glowing text to my name and it also add the color and glowing test to the custome title for me Is there a way to make it only change the name.

When I was done playing with it, I used the option to clear the siginiture and it didnt do anything to it. my name is still green and glowing

Lastly...
the only way to see the changes is to go into the my home section and on the very bottom you have to click the box to view sigs purchased in the shop. Is there a sql That can run to set everyone to checked and make all new users auto check yes?

Old Hand
Old Hand
clear the siginiture doesn't clear titles or names it only clears the signature look at the script you should be able to see how to add other options...

to change only one.. look at the code and comment out the part you don;t want to change...

and lastly you can run

UPDATE w3t_ShopMembers SET titleeffectstatus = 'ON'

that will update all users so they can see the effects and can then turn it off..

to set it to default ON for all new users find the following adduser.php

// -------------------------
// Build Board Query For Shop Mod & Insert Points
// Add user to Shop
$query="
INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}ShopMembers
VALUES ('', '$Uid', '$Displayn_q', '$Title_q', '$Picture_q', '', '', '', 'OFF', '$Color_q', 'OFF', 'OFF', 'OFF')
";
$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query);
// End of Build Board Query For Shop Mod & Insert Points

change to

// Add user to Shop
$query="
VALUES ('', '$Uid', '$Displayn_q', '$Title_q', '$Picture_q', '', '', '', 'OFF', '$Color_q', 'OFF', 'OFF', 'ON')
";

if ya even wanna give newbies some credits for applying set <CREDITS VALUE> to a number like 1000 which will give newusers 1000 credits to spend..

// Add user to Shop
$query="
VALUES ('', '$Uid', '$Displayn_q', '$Title_q', '$Picture_q', '', '<CREDITS VALUE>', '', 'OFF', '$Color_q', 'OFF', 'OFF', 'ON')
";

Coder
Coder
There is something that is replaced that allows all your post to reflect changes when you edit it. I edited my title and now it doesent reflect on all the older posts.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
nobody gets any points when they post? any ideas? but everything works i gave myself 1000000 points haah and i got a custom name and it works ok. but points dont add up

Last edited by minto; 10/27/2004 4:19 AM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
did you add the part in the instructions to addpost in the right area? did you set the words and letters value to something?

Power User
Power User
yeah and i double checked the addpost.php had all the right code changed. i think it be the database as on one fo the it said that it allready existed so i guess it [censored] upo there

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm well I can take a look later.. will need an account with admin rights though and possibly ftp access.. shoot me a PM

Power User
Power User
ok thanks so much my friend. i will send you a pm. sorry im such a n00b im just learning

Power User
Power User
also mate i when u reset your sig it does the following

--------------------

--------------------
test goes here

it adds 2 lines of --- and u cant get rid of it unless you have no sig at all

Old Hand
Old Hand
clearing your sig puts "test goes here" ??

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm jest rechecked the upload

$query="
UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}ShopMembers
SET money=money-'$itemsarray[price]', signature = ''
WHERE uid='$user[U_Number]'
";
$dbh -> do_query($query);

these lines tell the signature field of ShopMembers to be cleared to '' and thats where the signature is now getting pulled from. Please double check the scripts involved for the correct changes Let me know what happens and I will try and get on your server again

Power User
Power User
what i mean is when u reset your sig it makes to lines of --- eg for you sig it would look like this after u reset it. its blank but once u type stuff in your box it will turn out like this

--------------------

--------------------
Couchtomatoe - www.couch-tomatoe.cc
My abilities are for hire for installs, upgrades, custom themes and custom modifications.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm will have to check that...

Coder
Coder
Im still having some issues. Mostly the way names are changed. Me and another admin bought a name change and never cold get it back to normal.

last night I restored the original files so I can start over again to make sure I did everything correctly. I removed everything but the sql that was created. And we still have the borked names but now they show normal on the online page but all the posts and any new posts we make, it still uses the colored and glowing texts we bought.

as far as removing the sql that was created during install, The only ones I see are these,

w3t_ShopAuctionItems
w3t_ShopBank
w3t_ShopCats
w3t_ShopFeatures
w3t_ShopItems
w3t_ShopMemberItems
w3t_ShopMembers
w3t_ShopSettings
w3t_ShopVotes

Can I just remove the entries?

Old Hand
Old Hand
sure. Remove those tables. And restore the changed scripts back to normal. The deatures section could be tweaked a little. You can also turn them off.. you don't have to offer all the features..

Coder
Coder
true. its a great hack and ill certainly add it back. I just want to make sure I did it exactly right. most times i find that I replaced something when I should have added below it ;-\

I also realised that I dont have to remove them. In the install script it has, "if table exists replace it" or something like that. I think it will just overwrite whats there.

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay Minto.. I tried it again on my server and there is no way to get

--------------------

--------------------

on my server.. if ya want me to take another look let me know..

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]DrChaos said:
Im still having some issues. Mostly the way names are changed. Me and another admin bought a name change and never cold get it back to normal.

last night I restored the original files so I can start over again to make sure I did everything correctly. I removed everything but the sql that was created. And we still have the borked names but now they show normal on the online page but all the posts and any new posts we make, it still uses the colored and glowing texts we bought.

as far as removing the sql that was created during install, The only ones I see are these,

w3t_ShopAuctionItems
w3t_ShopBank
w3t_ShopCats
w3t_ShopFeatures
w3t_ShopItems
w3t_ShopMemberItems
w3t_ShopMembers
w3t_ShopSettings
w3t_ShopVotes

Can I just remove the entries? [/]

yeah I never did add a feature that will reset your name back to normal. Maybe I will.

Coder
Coder
:-\

Still a great mod

Old Hand
Old Hand
I reworked alot tonite will be uploading a new version later this weekend.. now pulls things correctly

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay made some major changes to the way it pulls the information. will allow for easier integration. I removed the 6.4 files since all that changed from 6.4 to 6.5 was the cookies.. you can still adapt this easily to 6.4 by looking at where I placed the strings.. also I removed it from the postlist.php and online.php and showmembers.php because its pretty useless in there..

What really makes this shine is the ability to buy/sell/ and auction other things besides the features.. you can also create seperate categories and even subcategories

Coder
Coder
a definite on the list for tonight

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm thinking about adding this scroungr, but I have a question. I looked at your site and in the feature shop you can get 100x100 or 150x150 avatars. If I have my max avatar size set to 80x80, does this mod override that?

Because if I have to set the maximum avatar size 10 150x150, couldn't people just add a bigger avatar from their profile?

Thanks!

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes it does override that 80x80 and yes if you set it to 150x150 in threads it will override it.. and if ya want you can disable any functions ya don't wanna use

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]scroungr said:
yes it does override that 80x80 and yes if you set it to 150x150 in threads it will override it.. and if ya want you can disable any functions ya don't wanna use [/]

This may be a dumb question, but I would imagine that since you can sell the option of an image in a user's signature, the idea is to have images in signatures turned off. Is that right? Sorry to ask here, but I haven't even read the instructions yet, preferring to wait for 6.5.1 final before touching this. Thanks!

Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah I have signatures in images turned off unless they buy em with this mod

I have installed the files and did the installation. I went to admin settings and I didnt see anything, where in the admin settings???!?!

Old Hand
Old Hand
are you logged in as admin?

did you go to the footer of the feature shop? should say
Admin Panel - New Category - Search Shop - Shop Stats

click on the icon or the name..

Yes I am logged in as an admin and I dont see any footer of feature shop.

Where is it exactly, i am using 6.5, is it in the control panel???.

How do I re-do this all again, so many tables of feature shop has been isntalled and if i run the install again it doesnt allow me.

Old Hand
Old Hand
basically the way I created this mod is that everything is in the shop and not much in threads except for some links and some code for points..

so its safe to delete the following tables

ShopMemberItems
ShopAuctionItems
ShopBank
ShopCats
ShopItems
ShopSettings
ShopVotes
ShopMembers
ShopFeatures

then rerun the install shop script and select new

oops, ok found it, its in shopadmin.php

thanks, now let me continue the installation and see how it goes

Hi

I have done everything and i get this in my forum entrance, please tell me where did I go wrong?

$ubbt_lang['shopedit'] = "Editing"; $ubbt_lang['shopauctionitem'] = "In the Auction House"; $ubbt_lang['all_admin'] = "Performing Administrative Duties"; $ubbt_lang['shop'] = "Entering the Shop"; $ubbt_lang['shopcategory'] = "Perusing the Shop"; $ubbt_lang['shopitem'] = "Buying an Item in the Shop"; $ubbt_lang['shopstats'] = "Looking at the Shop Stats"; $ubbt_lang['shopsearch'] = "Searching the shelves of the Shop"; $ubbt_lang['shopbank'] = "Counting his money";

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849