Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#280711 10/13/2004 11:58 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Has anyone successfully integrated FlashChat with their UBB.threads user database?

An excellent product that only costs $5.00. No support for integration with UBB.threads, but integration instructions are included for acedating, geeklog, ipb, mambo, phpbb, phpfusion, phpnuke, postnuke, vbulletin, wowbb, & xoops, as well as archived integration instructions for older versions of the above mentioned bb's.

Totally customisable product, nice looking, and supposedly easy on your server - as easy as flash goes anyway...

Thanks!

Jason
FlightAttendants.org; SWA.FlightAttendants.org (where I will be using FlashChat very soon).
Attachments
121431-FlashChat.jpg (0 Bytes, 2412 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Any idea if it can be password protected? (I think we have the same ideas, I'm planning to install it as well!)

Kristie
www.pilotfamilies.com

Kristie,

I just installed it with my IPB 2.0 at swa.flightattendants.org. Integration with the database was a breeze! It only took about 15 mintues total to upload, integrate and login to chat.

I'd like to use it with my UBB.threads bb as well, if someone could write integration instructions for UBB.threads. If that can be done it is automatically password protected since you must be logged into .threads in order to access FlashChat. It authenticates users via the .threads user database.

If you go to http://www.tufat.com you will be able to research more about FlashChat if you wish, and there are support forums there as well which would answer your specific question about a stand-alone database with password protected logins.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Ooohhhh, this looks nice. Would really like to add that as well, bet my users will love it.

Sanuk!

Lurker
Lurker
I recently purchased the FlashChat script because it looks so nice and is so affordable. They don't have an integration module for any ubb products yet, so I stuck some authentication code in the chat page to grab the username and moderator status.

It operates flawlessly with 3 or 4 people in it, but when I stress-tested it with my staff, getting about 20 people in a room chatting back and forth vigorously, the lag went up to 15 or 20 seconds inbetween lines for everyone in the room. In addition, graemlin/smilie codes are interpreted on the fly, and a whole line of " " (x 30) will freeze everyone's chat window and cause them to time out and have to wait for the default time-out period to log back in.

I was really sad that it failed under moderately busy chat conditions, since I reeeeeally liked the look of it.

I currently run the commercial version of GlobalChat (formerly iChat) and it works well, but the main client is ActiveX and newbies are all frightened off by dire warnings about "If you allow this ActiveX control to install you will become sterile. Continue?"

I'm not especially fond of the Raidersoft chat that has been so successfully integrated here... does anyone know of any other robust chat servers that will merge with ubb AND handle crowds of 100+ users without choking?

Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
Incidentally curious... I show as a lurker with only 1 post? I've been a memebr here for a few years... and my avatar went away?

[]Helice said:
I recently purchased the FlashChat script because it looks so nice and is so affordable. They don't have an integration module for any ubb products yet, so I stuck some authentication code in the chat page to grab the username and moderator status.

It operates flawlessly with 3 or 4 people in it, but when I stress-tested it with my staff, getting about 20 people in a room chatting back and forth vigorously, the lag went up to 15 or 20 seconds inbetween lines for everyone in the room. In addition, graemlin/smilie codes are interpreted on the fly, and a whole line of " " (x 30) will freeze everyone's chat window and cause them to time out and have to wait for the default time-out period to log back in.

I was really sad that it failed under moderately busy chat conditions, since I reeeeeally liked the look of it.

I currently run the commercial version of GlobalChat (formerly iChat) and it works well, but the main client is ActiveX and newbies are all frightened off by dire warnings about "If you allow this ActiveX control to install you will become sterile. Continue?"

I'm not especially fond of the Raidersoft chat that has been so successfully integrated here... does anyone know of any other robust chat servers that will merge with ubb AND handle crowds of 100+ users without choking? [/]

Curious, Helice:

I'm assuming you were on a strong (semi-dedicated or dedicated) server, and using the latest version of FlashChat? (3.9.3). Supposedly the last couple of version have brought about great improvements to the program.

Thanks,

Jason

User
User
I agree this would be a great mod ... if anyone figures this out please post it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Probably not that difficult - I don't have this product, but will add it to my list to test out when I'm bored.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
You have time to be bored?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Not very often.... but sometimes a break from other things. LOL

[]JoshPet said:
Probably not that difficult - I don't have this product, but will add it to my list to test out when I'm bored. [/]
You want it? I'd be more than happy to buy it and send it to you. It would be a great addon for UBB.Threads v6.4 & v6.5. It integrates with every forum progie except UBB. And these other forum progies are inferior to UBB.Threads...

Coder
Coder
I have been with that guy for a looong time. Im sure I have bought every program he has made. He has good support for his stuff and is not out to make it rich by no means. I think that selling a great product for a lower price is a good thing.

You will get more people to buy it because its at a cost that anyone can afford and thus probably making more money.

I hve it on my server and forums as a private link for admin and moderators. Before I made it private we have about 15 people in it and it did slow don but not really terrible. I normally have about 8 in there during some meeting or whatever and there is not one sence of lag at all.

I tried to get it to use the threads information so if you are logged into threads it will just tkae you right to the forums but I quickly found out that it was waaaaaay out of my leage

Hacker
Hacker
Just bought it, will give it a try.

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing your findings.

PhotoPost,

Curious to know if you've had a chance to try to integrate FC with UBB.t?

Thanks,

Jason

Hacker
Hacker

You rock! (am I showing my age yet?!) *grin*

Hacker
Hacker
Okay, I finally got around to doing this. Here's the threadsCMS.php file you'll need.

1) Upload threadsCMS.php to your inc/cmses directory. Edit this file and set any cookieprefix or threads database prefix if not the default "w3t_" settings. I seperated these from the config.srv.php file because I already had FlashChat installed and the prefixes didn't match.

2) In inc/common.php, you'll need:

include_once(INC_DIR . 'cmses/threadsCMS.php');

3) (Optional) I added some code to flashchat.php to auto login someone if they were already logged into the forums:

<?php
// MDP - Added to auto login
require ("../main.inc.php");

// -----------------
// Get the user info
$userob = new user;
$threadsuser = $userob -> authenticate('U_Status,U_LoginName');
// End MDP

include_once('inc/common.php');

$id = 'flashchat';

$params = array();

// MDP - added to auto login first time
if ( $threadsuser['U_Number'] > 1 ) {
$_REQUEST['username'] = $threadsuser['U_LoginName'];
$_REQUEST['lang'] = $GLOBALS['fc_config']['defaultLanguage'];
$_REQUEST['password'] = $threadsuser['U_Password'];
$_REQUEST['room'] = 0;
}
// end MDP

if(isset($_REQUEST['username'])) {

Basically, this grabs the login info for a user who is already logged in and skips the initial username/password grab the first time someone enters.

Give it a try - I have it working on ViperAlley.Com.
Attachments
123457-threadsCMS.zip (0 Bytes, 128 downloads)

Last edited by PhotoPost; 12/02/2004 2:33 PM.
Hi,

Cool, will give this a shot over the weekend. Perfect timing as well as we are almost done with a major overhaul; would be cool if we could add this feature at the same time.

Sanuk!

Moo Offline
We have done all that is asked and all we are getting is:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: statement in /home/winnie/public_html/chat/inc/cmses/threadsCMS.php on line 16

We would appreciate any suggestions or solutions to help solve this problem.

i kant tipe so i rite on the scren wif craon
Is this HackMOD for v6.5 only? Will there be one for v6.4?

Hacker
Hacker
I'm not running 6.5; I'm running a 6.4 variation and the queries are non-Threads specific (meaning they are only asking for a couple fields from the Threads db).

User
User
I am getting the same error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: statement in /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/lttd/chat/inc/cmses/threadsCMS.php on line 16

Hacker
Hacker
Must be something simple; but I dont know what. I know its working on my site and I dont know why that one line would cause that error.

I was able to get the chat to work in version 6.5 with it recognizing the user names.. but the problem i'm having now is that even tho i'm an administrator of the site, it doesn't see me as admin since i don't see the admin windows.

any clues?

User
User
The tufat.com (the creator) has a great walk through. If you download the latest version of the flashchat software it includes the intigration built in, you just need to change 2 lines in one file and then upload the software. Its really easy but it does seem to have a problem with at least 6.5.1 where it will not auto login users, but other than that it works great.

Here is the link to the integration kit:
http://www.tufat.com/resources.php?dl=119

[]UnixSpot said:
The tufat.com (the creator) has a great walk through. If you download the latest version of the flashchat software it includes the intigration built in, you just need to change 2 lines in one file and then upload the software. Its really easy but it does seem to have a problem with at least 6.5.1 where it will not auto login users, but other than that it works great.

Here is the link to the integration kit:
http://www.tufat.com/resources.php?dl=119 [/]

i'm way past Tufat's tutorial with the system... I have flashchat up and running via Tufat's directions and then I took the instructions from this thread to implement the autologin process and with one change that had to be made (http://www.tufat.com/phpBB2/about3633.html&highlight=ubbt), i was able to get V6.5 to log my users in automatically when they enter the chat...so that's all working fine and dandy!

the only problem i'm having is that it doesn't show me as an administrator and i don't get the tools that the administrator would have (keep logs/ban tools etc) - that's where my problem is.

I think I'll ask the flashchat guys the same question and see if they know what code i need to put in to make admin's recognizable.

actually, i wonder if i have to list myself as a moderator for the forums within the 6.5 control panel - could that be the problem? cuz right now, i don't have moderator status showing per each forum category.

Thanks for your help!

User
User
Has anyone been able to fix the Auto login problem with FlashChat and Threads 6.5.1? I am running FlashChat 3.9 and Threads 6.5.1

Thank you

User
User
So I guess this topic is dead? I still have not found any info on how to fix the auto login issue.

User
User
[]UnixSpot said:
So I guess this topic is dead? I still have not found any info on how to fix the auto login issue. [/]

It seems like this forum just died. The response is not what it use to be I'm also waiting for an answer

I dunno folks. I just bought FlashChat and the integration worked perfectly for me. Took about 5 minutes to have it installed and running. I simply had to make the link for chat. I'm running 5.1.1 It's totally built into the installer so you don't have to do anything special unless you want that link.

Some people read their stars..... I choose to write my own
User
User
It works fine but if you are running Threads 6.5.1 it no longer auto logs you on and that is the problem I am trying to see if someone can fix. Threads 5.1.1 is very old.

User
User
I don't get it! FlashChat was running great on my UBB.Threads v6.5 Until I moved to another hosting server. When I try to reinstall it now, I get the following error:
[]Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: statement in /home/katz/public_html/ubbthreads/FlashChat/inc/cmses/ubbCMS.php on line 13[/]

What Happened!? What did I do wrong?

Old Hand
Old Hand
probably didn't set a path correctly..

User
User
I seem to have solved it (using FlashChat v4.0.4), but you won't believe how In the common.php file, I left-out the include_once(INC_DIR . 'cmses/ubbCMS.php'); command line. Now it's working like a champ! Can anyone figure that one out? I know I can't!

User
User
Is there a script that would allow me to display Who or how many is in Chat Room from the forum homepage, using UBB.Threads v6.5 & FlashChat v4.0.4?

Old Hand
Old Hand
must be called from somewhere else or is not needed.. and sorry I am not a flash chat user so I don;t think I recall a mod that will allow what you want.. although you could probably pay Josh to write on

Sorry about that... I am running 6.5.1 5.1.1 was a typo.... It auto logs everyone in for me with no problem.

[]UnixSpot said:
It works fine but if you are running Threads 6.5.1 it no longer auto logs you on and that is the problem I am trying to see if someone can fix. Threads 5.1.1 is very old. [/]

Some people read their stars..... I choose to write my own
[]ScriptZ Man said:
Is there a script that would allow me to display Who or how many is in Chat Room from the forum homepage, using UBB.Threads v6.5 & FlashChat v4.0.4? [/]

Also I would love to add this. But since the chat opens in a new windown, I'm not quite sure if something like this is possible. Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63