Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Old Hand
Old Hand
[]MeNaCe said:
when i added a game there are no highscore stats this is used
[] INSERT INTO `w3t_games` VALUES ('YetiP', 7, 'Yeti-PENTATHLON', 'Now it's time for Yeti to show his skills in all 5 parts', 'yetitoursm', '500', '400', 'yetitoursm.gif', 29,,)"; [/] [/]

because I am not mistaken the internal name given to Yeti Pentathlon is yetitoursm not YetiP

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
[]DrChaos said:
My users are calling for more games.. There are quite a few here I dont have.... Any thoughts on where to get more that I can load up easily.... [/]

have you tried

http://www.v3arcade.com/play/releases.php?s=8fb18fd6216938232c3428f371671e2b&

User
User
There's a good number of converted games available here.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Eeeeesh....well first, I want to thank the author(s) for a great mod!

My members are toying with it on a daily basis. Now, I'm attempting to get some different games installed and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do this.

I am attempting to install the games via the Arcade Administration (as I'm running v1.6) and I don't understand some of the fields.

Title of game - Yea I managed to figure this one out.
Name of the File's excluding the extensions (.swf, 1.gif, 2.gif). This is the internal name given to the game in the swf file. - Okay, I'm lost on this one...
Height of the Play Window - Don't know what to set this to.
Width of the Play Window - Don't know what to set this to.
Description of the Game that will appear in the game menu - Yea, I got this one figured out too.
File Location of the game swf file - Yea, figured this one out...
File Location of the game image file (use the largest file) - Yup, figured this one out too....

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

Coder
Coder
Name of the File's excluding the extensions (.swf, 1.gif, 2.gif). This is the internal name given to the game in the swf file:
** if the image names are frogger.gif then you only put frogger

I set the height and with of the Play Window to 400x400. it useally works good enough

thats just me though. if you dont like the higth and with you can go into the sql tables and adjust them there (phpmyadmin)

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thank you DrChaos.

Power User
Power User
I don't know what exactly happened, but something went wrong when I tried to install for the first time. My browser sat for more than an hour with nothing coming back. Anyway, I lost my browser session and thought I could try to continue with the install.

If I try to run instarcade.php again, it says that it's already installed and there's nothing to do.

If I try to run it with action=new, I get the following:

Code
<br />Starting instalation...<br />Creating w3t_arcadesettings...<br />Inserting Data into w3t_arcadesettings...<br />Creating w3t_gamechallenges...<br />Creating w3t_gamenews...<br />Inserting Data into w3t_gamenews...<br />Creating w3t_games...<br />Inserting Data into w3t_games...<br />Creating w3t_gamesessions...<br />Altering w3t_Users...<br /><br />(my forum header here)<br /><br />We cannot proceed. 	<br />Script: <br />Line#: <br />SQL Error: Duplicate column name 'U_Arcadevisit'<br />SQL Error #: 1060<br />Query: ALTER TABLE `w3t_Users` ADD `U_Arcadevisit` VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL <br /><br />Please use your back button to return to the previous page.<br />

Anyone know how I can fix my broken installation?

Power User
Power User
OK solved my own problem. I basically "uninstalled" and ran the installation again, and it worked fine.

If anyone needs to "uninstall" a broken installation so that you can install again, you just need to run the following SQL commands:

ALTER TABLE w3t_Users DROP COLUMN U_Arcadevisit;
this removes the field added by the installation script

DROP TABLE w3t_arcadesettings;
this removes the arcade table created by the installation script

Power User
Power User
Just as an FYI, in the template arcade.tmpl, I think there's an excessive use of table widths using the $theme[tablewidth] variable, especially where there are occurrences of tables in two or more cells within the same row.

If your forum is set to use a fixed width (like mine), then the arcade section grows massively sideways.

I think the first table definition should use the $theme variable, and any subsequent table definitions within the table cells should all be at 100%.

If your forum width is already set to 100% then you won't notice this problem.

Old Hand
Old Hand
thanx Myke.. v1.8 is in testing

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
What happenned to 1.7? Was I at my desk again?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]DLWebmaestro said:
What happenned to 1.7? Was I at my desk again? [/]

Version 1.7 is actually what's installed here

Power User
Power User
Here's a feature you might consider putting into the next version (I've noticed that it's not in v1.7 on this site).

When viewing the highscore table, my users asked if the names could be profile links, which makes it convenient for challenging.

To make this simple change, in templates/default/arcade.tmpl, find this:

<td class="lighttable" width="2%" align="center" nowrap>#{$scorecountr}</td>
<td class="lighttable" width="10%" nowrap align = "left">{$score[$scoresize][username]}</td>
<td class="lighttable" width="10%" nowrap>{$score[$scoresize][score]}</td>
<td class="lighttable" width="50%" nowrap>

and change it to this:

<td class="lighttable" width="2%" align="center" nowrap>#{$scorecountr}</td>
<td class="lighttable" width="10%" nowrap align = "left"><a href="$config[phpurl]/showprofile.php?Cat=0&User={$score[$scoresize][useruid]}">{$score[$scoresize][username]}</a></td>
<td class="lighttable" width="10%" nowrap>{$score[$scoresize][score]}</td>
<td class="lighttable" width="50%" nowrap>

kja #278846 12/23/2004 5:54 AM
Power User
Power User
This is just a personal nitpick but is there really a need for 7 or so (identical) links to play the game on the arcade page?

1. "NEW" image
2. Game icon image
3. Game title
4. "PLAY" image
5. "No scores recorded" or "Times played: x" link
6. "Claim that Award!" or "Click here to play" link (btw, what award?)
7. "Click here to play" link in the score column.

all lead to the same place. To clean it up on my installation (v1.6), I've only made the Game icon and title to be clickable and removed all other links.

BTW, my users really dig the arcade Many thanks for the work!

kja #278847 12/23/2004 2:42 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
How can I make it so that when I play a game, the game itself along with the stat box to the right is centered, and not on the left?

I'm sure it's in the arcade.tmpl, but the file is sooo long that I just don't know what to do with it

luan #278848 12/23/2004 6:43 PM
Power User
Power User
donJulio, in arcade.tmpl, find all occurrences of

<td align="right">
<object classid=....
(it's easy if you just search for string "object classid")

and change the alignment in the table cell,

<td align="center">
<object classid=....

For the status box, the table cell should already be center aligned? If it's not for you, then just find the next table cell in that same row and change the alignment.

kja #278849 01/12/2005 3:06 PM
I am not sure if this is any where else, I have searched about but not found it.

How hard would it be to have some sort of scrowling type text between members username and avatar showing what games they have the top score on?

DMClark #278850 01/12/2005 7:30 PM
Coder
Coder
Ive seen that on other types of forums and it is a sweet idea.

Duck #278851 01/13/2005 3:29 AM
Thats what I thought. My site is still quite new (6 months) and the games room has been a big talking point and does get a few members worked up
I have changed a few member titles and they are always trying to get a new one as they get top score on a game.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

User
User
Thank you for this games!
I have a problem with the game "Yeti Sports stagedive"
folder "stagedive_data" can`t help

In attachment 2 versions of this game.
Attachments
124552-stagedive.ZIP (0 Bytes, 55 downloads)

Last edited by Catshadow; 01/13/2005 2:48 PM.

Sorry for my english.
Old Hand
Old Hand
all I can really say is Catshadow this is what I have in mine..

I have a directory /ubbthreads/arcade/games where the yeti_stagedive.swf is and then a ubbthreads/arcade/game_root/stagedive_data directory where the stagedive_score.swf and stagedivesnd.swf are.

see if that helps.. and yes dparvin you can do anything.. in the showflat you will need to add a query for the users that will pull from the arcade table and then use that query to output a flashing sign of what that user has tops in.. sounds hard but is actually easier then it sounds.. but it will add to the time it takes to pull up showflat

User
User
Please I need more help...
I have a directory /ubbthreads/arcade/games where the yeti_stagedive.swf is
and then a ubbthreads/arcade/games/stagedive_data directory where the stagedive_score.swf and stagedivesnd.swf are.

And....

The logo picture is loaded... The nearest line of load count is working and loaded full, but top (first and maybe sound) line of load not working. So game not started. I our URL position of browser i can see this line "javascript:count_ivw('stagedive')". I don`t know why? ___________________________________________________________

Thank`s for realy interesting hack for this Arcade! It`s realy cool! It`s very useable and top popularity addon of our users and us.
We will be pleasure to view a 1.8 version (tournament games) or 1.7 at least.
Besides will be very nice if game rating column be present in this hack. This need for admin can delete unpopular games. And in order to a user can sorting games not only in alphabetical order, but as rating!
And one more, we need admin function for deleting games and editing games (title, width, height, discription). Also editing high score comments (for example badwords), deleting this comments and hiding results of baned users.

Thank you!

[]scroungr said:
and yes dparvin you can do anything.. in the showflat you will need to add a query for the users that will pull from the arcade table and then use that query to output a flashing sign of what that user has tops in.. sounds hard but is actually easier then it sounds.. but it will add to the time it takes to pull up showflat [/]

Could be intresting me trying that

User
User
I understand my mistake stagedive is working now

Sorry for my english.
Old Hand
Old Hand
cool Cat did ya have to put it into /games/ or /game_root/

User
User

Sorry for my english.
Old Hand
Old Hand
not alot you can do.. if a person WANTS to cheat they will find away. I already disabled the right click menu.

User
User
"right click" against "Artmoney" can`t help

New redactions of these games by yetisports.org is interesting...

Last edited by Catshadow; 01/20/2005 7:54 AM.

Sorry for my english.
Old Hand
Old Hand
I haven't seen anything yet? he finally voiced an opinion on one way or the other?

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hi guys. i see that thredsdev has v1.7 ...... can i get it somewhere? I just want to be able to organize my games just like on thredsdev, with different genre and categories and pages.... unless there is another mod or something? thanks

Old Hand
Old Hand
shortly I shall be updating to 1.8

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
ok kewl ty

scroungr, any estimate on when we can expect 1.8 to be released?

Now that 6.5.1 is finally out, I'm working on setting up and configuring the test version of my guild site prior to a live upgrade, and was hoping to offer your spiffy new arcade as an option.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm seeing as I havent upgraded to 6.5.1 hope the code still works but I shall dispense 1.8 out on the 28th of Feb. Thats an ironclad date.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Cool

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Lurker
Lurker
When I did a mas simprt of user and messages I blew away the tables that the arcade module created - so now it does not work. When I try to run the install script again it says I have the most recent version... is there any way to just run the table creation part of the script? TO restore the tables I blew away??

Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah if you look at the table creation in the upgrade script you can recreate the tables you need by running that query only in a phpMyAdmin SQL session..

[]scroungr said:
Hmm seeing as I havent upgraded to 6.5.1 hope the code still works but I shall dispense 1.8 out on the 28th of Feb. Thats an ironclad date. [/]

So, where's 1.8?

Veteran
Veteran
Just after 1.7 and before 1.9

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Old Hand
Old Hand
actually.. had a few issues.. Root Canal... and a Cold.. it will be delayed about a week.. I am currently writing instructions and the installer/upgrader

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63