Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I've got a 165 new members in the last week, many due to a serious sex scandal. It turns out that a certain star in Latin-american soap operas (female) allowed herself to be recorded naked and doing the dirty thing in 1999 or 2000. It was most likely with her future husband, though now they are divorced.

Now by some miracle the video (an edited version that doesn't reveal the identity of the male) was sent to the gossip press in Mexico and was aired on TV, albeit with certain sections blacked out Can you imagine the scandal?

What's this have to do with my site? Well we have a fan club (basicly a forum) and a photo gallery for this star. I have her name registered with the dot.com extension and now I have a million people coming in to look for pictures of her in scandalous circumstances (I don't have those photos in my gallery, Jeremy ). The memberships have skyrocketed and thanks to the online referer information that's part of the Online User Info 6.4 mod by Josh, I know EXACTLY what these people were looking for when they stumbled across my site.

It's kind of obvious when they were referred by Google with a search that goes more or less like this: famous + star's + name + nude + pictures.

I actually feel pretty bad for the girl. She's only 26 or 27. Her ex must be one real scum bag to do something like that, probably damaging her career for ever. She's already abandoned the country and God know's where she's at right now.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Oh, so now I know why that server has been getting hammered

That happened to my site when one of the new Van Halen songs got released early on the net and someone posted it at my site. I had over 100 people register in under one hour, all said and done it was roughly 250 that day. Funny how something new and breaking can boost your traffic so quickly, sounds like the word was out about your site don

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]ericgtr said:
That happened to my site when one of the new Van Halen songs got released early on the net and someone posted it at my site. I had over 100 people register in under one hour, all said and done it was roughly 250 that day. Funny how something new and breaking can boost your traffic so quickly, sounds like the word was out about your site don [/]

The funny thing is those photos aren't at my site, but the domain name of that person is pointed to my site. Also, I have a list of all the photos in a post in IIP, which is good for the search engines.

I wouldn't allow those photos anyhow because of Jeremy's TOS. But if you go even now, I have a constant 100+ annonymous user count (30 minute time frame). It's been that way a few days now.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Anytime you video something... and you have any kind of popularity...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63