Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
I'm not talking about the cosmetic integration... I'm talking about the user database.

So far I have found absolutely no documentation or how-tos on using the UBBT user database for PhotoPost.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Any help would be appreciated.

Muhammad
Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
This is a function of Photopost already, and requires NO script edits.

Read here:

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Kahuna
Kahuna
Well yeah, I see that but there are problems in the install and no other specific instructions to deal with it. I've already posted to the PP support forums... was hoping somebody had done a more in-depth write-up.

Muhammad
Veteran
Veteran
If it is a PP issue, then you will need to contact them for support. It should work straight out of the can, as long as you have entered your threads database name, location, username and password correctly.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, I've installed this dozens and dozens of times - haven't had any problems.

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
AFAIK, you must be on the same domain as threads. Just a thought.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Kahuna
Kahuna
Yeah, no problem there... here's a copy of what I posted to PP. FYI... and on the off chance that anybody has some ideas. I'm waiting for PP to reply.

[:"blue"]I'm trying to install 4.8.1 using external user database for UBBT 6+. Going straight through the install steps, I get this error after filling out the info in step 3 for external user database:

---
MySQL error reported!

Script: install

Query: SELECT groupid, groupname, cpaccess, uploads, comments, diskspace, uploadsize, editpho, editposts, modaccess, useralbums, reqmod, canassign FROM tbnpp_usergroups

Result: Table 'tbn_photopost.tbnpp_usergroups' doesn't exist

Database handle: Resource id #2
---

tbn_photopost is the PhotoPost database. tbnpp_ is the prefix for the tables.

I checked and usergroups doesn't exist. But I do not know why it doesn't exist. And why it's looking for usergroups in the tbn_photopost db when it should be using the external UBBT db for the user db.

All URLs, paths and passwords are correct (checked many times).[/]

Muhammad
I manually added this via phpmyadmin

CREATE TABLE pp_usergroups (groupid int(5) NOT NULL auto_increment, groupname varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', cpaccess smallint(3) NOT NULL default '0', modaccess smallint(3) NOT NULL default '0', uploads smallint(3) NOT NULL default '1', comments smallint(3) NOT NULL default '1', diskspace int(10) default NULL, uploadsize int(10) default NULL, editpho int(3) NOT NULL default '0', editposts int(3) NOT NULL default '0', useralbums int(3) NOT NULL default '0',reqmod INT(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, canassign INT(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (groupid)) TYPE=MyISAM;
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (1,'Administrator',1,1,1,1,'','',1,1,1,0,0);
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (2,'Moderator','','',1,1,'','',1,1,1,0,0);
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (3,'Registered','','',1,1,'','',1,1,1,0,0);
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (4,'Unregistered','','','','','','',0,0,0,0,0);

and the Cookies in config inc.php on $cookieprefix="w3t_"; set. Then it should run.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63