Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
ok that solved the top posters and current threads part.

but I'm still getting the ugly SQL error when i try to change from Main Index to entrance as a default start page.

I probably fat fingered something somewhere.

Sponsored Links
ok it seems that my sql crud is spreading :-)

now when I try to navigate to "My Home" I get the
[] Script: /var/www/html/ubbthreads/pals/pollpal.php
Line#: 85
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') AND B_Poll != '' AND (B_Sticky = 0 OR B_Sticky IS NULL) ORDER ' at line 6
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: SELECT B_Poll,B_Replies,B_Number,B_Board,B_Posted, B_Subject FROM w3t_Posts WHERE B_Number = B_Main AND B_Approved = 'yes' AND () AND B_Poll != '' AND (B_Sticky = 0 OR B_Sticky IS NULL) ORDER BY B_Posted DESC LIMIT 0,1

Please use your back button to return to the previous page. [/]
Things have gone from bad to worst.
the board that started out as 6.5 with IIP 6.5.1 has now been trashed by a weeks efforts to fix it.
each time I try it just gets worst. Now the original board is all but useless

I have tried installing a clean 6.5.1 in another directory and applying the IIP 6.5.1 to it and it just isn't happening.

T this point I'm at my wits end.
i have pretty much hosed a months worth of configuring a board that is weeks late in opening to a private community thats waiting for a home .

I am willing to pay someone to help me.

please - I'm hosed !
please don't ignore me - I've tried my best to follow instructions but this is kicking my butt!

Coder
Coder
Enhancement suggestion:

The newspal schould have another mode (selectable). This mode should display news from 4 boards sorted by time in one newspal box. New postings on top.

Now we have 4 different newspal boxes with it own orders. If you like to view new news from one of this section you have to scroll down.

with my suggestion the latest news out of the 4 boards is every time displayed on top. Is this possible? What do you think about this display mode?

Old Hand
Old Hand
Owen send me a PM and we can discuss your issues.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Works perfectly with 6.5.1b5 and even the spider friendly stuff does too now that we upgraded everything

scroungr,

I have IIP 6.5.1 set up and running with a UBB.Threads 6.5.1 installation. Everything seems to be running smooth, with ONE exception . . . The showflat.php page for viewing threads ends up with the entire sidebar displayed AFTER the post's display, as in this screenshot: link to screenshot.

On my previous 6.4.2 threads install with IIP 5.4.1, I had issues with the sidebar and that page, and simply diabled the sidebar from displaying on the showflat page. If this can't be fixed to behave properly rather than just being shoved at the bottom of the thread display, I'd like to disable it for this page, but I'm not sure how to do that with this version.

Oh, additional bit of info - it displays correctly if I select the sidebar to display on the LEFT side of the screen, and only works wrong with it set to the RIGHT side (which is what I default it to, and where I prefer it personally).

Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm sounds like a tbclose issue.. check to see where the tables are closed.. I would do the following.. load page and right click on screen select copy source then put it into say DreamWeaver to see exactly what the page is doing.. works on my site in either side...

Ok, I'll give that a try . . .but if I just wanted to disable it for showflat anyway, how would I go about doing that? Some of my users have gotten used to it NOT being there on the actual thread view, and are making noises about it being there at all now.

Sponsored Links
Ok, another issue . . .

New posts made in the forum I've set for the news posts to be pulled out of, aren't updating as news on the front page. I've tried every option I can think of in IIP's config to alter that, I've tried with and without caching, both ignoring and not ignoring stickies, I've hit the admin link that is supposed to force the cache to update . . . and the news doesn't change to reflect newer posts that should be shown as news.

Old Hand
Old Hand
as it says in the instructions somewhere to disable the saidebar on a particular page put

$config['iip_call'] = 1;

just below where the main.inc.php is included

about the second issue whats the value in the $configpal['newscache']

unless set to 0 you are probably looking at a cache copy.. since there is a delay?

$date = $html -> get_date();
$cdate = $date - ($configpal['newscache'] * 60);

$configpal['newscache'] = "0";

Which is what I thought it was, and what I'd set it in the IIP config from the control panel, as I didn't want any caching.

Additionally, I've tried both the default and the spiderunfriendly versions of newspal.php, with the same results for both.

Is there a way to edit newspal.php to skip cache checks and always update if there's a newer post?

Old Hand
Old Hand
sure look at the code.. I didn;t create those pals.. I just made them 6.4 and 6.5 friendly.. you can alter them anyway you want...

I'm about ready to pull my hair out over this. The newspal is STILL not updating - even when I hardcoded 0 * 60 in the pal, and even when I DELETED the post it's currently displaying as the top news entry. I have caching turned off everywhere there's an option.

ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just realized it today, even do I have 6.5 installed for many weeks now.
If you click on the links to the top 15 posters, I'm getting the message: user is no longer on the data base.
I gues is something wrong with the link, since this is the link the Top 15 shows:
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/showprofile.php/Cat/0/User/4
and this is the link from inside the UBB
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/showprofile...ge=1&topic=
and this one works perfect.

if you want to see my main page, this is the link:
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/index.php?Cat=0

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thank you

scroungr, where does IIP get, and store/cache, its information on what database to connect to, what user to use, etc?

I figured out the problem with the news page not updating. It's a bizarre one to me, though . . .

In upgrading to 6.5.1, I copied over the live database (example names given here), siteforums, to a new database, forums. The same database user/password had access to both of them.

IIP was apparently pulling information from wherever it could get it, from either database, but going for siteforums over forums. Once I removed the user from being able to access siteforums, everything started working properly, as it was now pulling information from the newer, correct database.

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]ehm said:
I just realized it today, even do I have 6.5 installed for many weeks now.
If you click on the links to the top 15 posters, I'm getting the message: user is no longer on the data base.
I gues is something wrong with the link, since this is the link the Top 15 shows:
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/showprofile.php/Cat/0/User/4
and this is the link from inside the UBB
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/showprofile...ge=1&topic=
and this one works perfect.

if you want to see my main page, this is the link:
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/index.php?Cat=0

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thank you [/]

thats cause your website doesn't allow spider friendly url's so use the non-spider friendly ones

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]ZealotOnAStick said:
scroungr, where does IIP get, and store/cache, its information on what database to connect to, what user to use, etc?

I figured out the problem with the news page not updating. It's a bizarre one to me, though . . .

In upgrading to 6.5.1, I copied over the live database (example names given here), siteforums, to a new database, forums. The same database user/password had access to both of them.

IIP was apparently pulling information from wherever it could get it, from either database, but going for siteforums over forums. Once I removed the user from being able to access siteforums, everything started working properly, as it was now pulling information from the newer, correct database. [/]

well thats plain weird cause it pulls from
{$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1, and {$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
and thats all determined by the database that threads is actually using.. check your config.inc.php in your includes directory.. look at the $config['dbname'] and thats what database it SHOULD pull from...

Checked it, it has the correct database name listed, and that's the -only- database name listed anywhere in config.inc.php.

Old Hand
Old Hand
well thats where its being pulled from? and the only cache for IIP is w3t_IIPcache and it doesn't cache the dabatase name.. it uses what threads uses..

ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
You were right.
I upload the nonspider and is working now.
Thank you

[]scroungr said:
well thats where its being pulled from? and the only cache for IIP is w3t_IIPcache and it doesn't cache the dabatase name.. it uses what threads uses.. [/]

I know it doesn't make sense, but what I described above was indeed what was happening. -How- I have no clue.

Anyway, everything is working as it's supposed to be now, so it's not a concern, other than the sanity I lost trying to figure out what the problem was.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
In the 'last seen' box I get this at the bottom:

...next 10}

I'm guessing the } is extra or an arrow?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Old Hand
Old Hand
you are right I see the error

find

{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}

change to

{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ah ok, easy fix, thanks

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Guys, i'm going mad here....
I CANNOt for the life of me get my config file to save.
Keeps defaulting
Checked and double checked all the permissions....

Old Hand
Old Hand
is the includes directory set to 777.. is the config.pal.inc set to 666?

Yep, have just checked again.

Old Hand
Old Hand
thats kinda weird then... if you want me to check it out send me a PM with some ftp info and a admin account on your forum.

Old Hand
Old Hand
PM'd ya but ya didn;t follow the instructions

ya needed to put

@require_once("$thispath/includes/configpal.inc.php");

in the ubbt.inc.php where I said to

Also ya need to set your domain in the configpal.inc.php

did that and its working just go to the ubbthreads/index.php

Big thanks to Mr Scroungr!!

Got a question for you guys.
The sidebar mod, can it be amended so users cannot turn it off?
I assume it would be just by editing out the options in the template files....

Old Hand
Old Hand
yep that be the way

i shall give it a try at the weekend, i'm pretty sure i can do this!

ok, sorted that one out.
next question, is it possible to force all new users to view the sidebar?
currently I have to run a mysql command.

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes look at the code where it adds to the newuser.php and change that script to where you want the sidebar

what script do i need to amend? the newuser.php script?
if so, what do i need to add? sorry, i'm no php programmer!

Last edited by monkeyra; 04/16/2005 8:59 AM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
in adduser.php find

// ----------------------------------
// Insert this user into the database
$query = "
INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}Users (U_LoginName,U_Username,U_Password,U_Email,U_Totalposts,U_Laston,U_Status,U_Registered,U_RegEmail,U_RegIP,U_Groups,U_Title,U_Color,U_Privates,U_Approved,U_CoppaUser{$regfields})
VALUES ('$Login_q','$Displayn_q','$crypt','$Email_q','0','$date','$Status_q','$date','$Email_q','$ip_q','$Groups_q','$Title_q','$Color_q','1','$approved','$coppauser'{$regvalues})
";
$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);

change to

// ----------------------------------
// Insert this user into the database
$query = "
INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}Users (U_LoginName,U_Username,U_Password,U_Email,U_Totalposts,U_Laston,U_Status,U_Registered,U_RegEmail,U_RegIP,U_Groups,U_Title,U_Color,U_Privates,U_Approved,U_CoppaUser{$regfields},U_SideBar)
VALUES ('$Login_q','$Displayn_q','$crypt','$Email_q','0','$date','$Status_q','$date','$Email_q','$ip_q','$Groups_q','$Title_q','$Color_q','1','$approved','$coppauser'{$regvalues},'2')
";
$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);

where 2 = right, 1 = left, and 0 = disabled

many thanks m8. appreciate your time.
I'll get it integrated tonight

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849