Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#274679 06/04/2004 1:24 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Just curious if the beta upgrade has been successful on your site? I am planning to do so just want to get the warm fuzzy feeling before I do. How modified was your site prior? How have your users responded? Your Moderators?

I am anxious on doing it but not sure if I should just wait till some bugs get resolved? I have it running on my offline backup and so far so good. I have even managed to re-apply some hacks and it appears to be working great. I know there will be a few missing features as I await updates to many popular mods.

I was also curious when ThreadsDev will upgrade along w/ ubbcentral and other .threads hot spots?

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
I'm running the beta But maybe I don't count since my forums are barren.

UBBCentral probably won't be upgraded until 6.5 is out in it's final version. The reason being, when a potential customer visits the UBB.threads forums they should see what the stable version is now if they purchase. Since most people just purchasing won't install a beta version it's not really fair to let them test on a version of the product that might be completely different from what they'll download.

That really doesn't answer your main question however, so I'll leave all that to someone else

UBB.threads Developer
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm running the beta at joshuapettit.com and www.mousefunfacts.com - no major problems, but they aren't terribly active and I've fixed all the known bugs.

My advice to clients asking me about 6.5 is to at least wait for b2. Unless they want to be paying me to fix every little thing - beta 1 has bugs.
Remember with a beta that bugs are expected, if you update it to your live site and find a bug, as far as rick's time, fixing beta bugs comes after support for the current version. So be prepared for potential problems.
If you're comfortable fixing bugs yourself, and/or applying fixes to your own version, then do it.

Otherwise, my advice would be to wait just a bit long, let some more bugs iron out, and wait for a beta2 release before doing a live site. Then understand and know all the risks of running a beta in a production environment.

Veteran
Veteran
Rick answered for UBBCentral really well. Nothing I could add there.

I have had 6.5 running on my desktop a time or two, but I don't think anyone knows or cares about that.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Addict
Addict
Running fine on mine www.ubbdesign.com

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Running fine on our new domain name - mind you I am the only one that knows the URL - so traffic is light

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I've been dreaming about upgrading to 6.5 and it has been running stable in my dream.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63