Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jma
User
User
Went from 6.2 to 6.4 and when I sign in as Admin to edit a post (my own), the 'make sticky' option is gone.

Also, the making a poll is a little different than simply using the pollstart/polloption/pollstop, etc. I'm used to the old way, does anyone still use it or should I just adapt to the new way?

Thanks in advance for feedback.
Joe.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
unfortunately you can;t do it the old way since old polls are converted now to the new format. they totally rewrote the poll scripts. so but the bullet. about the make sticky when you create the post as admin you should see this option a checkbox thats states Make this post a sticky post.

jma
User
User
Thanks -- okay with the sticky post. Still have a question about the polls. Why is it that only the result shows on my Entrance page (IIP)? Shouldn't it allow you to take the poll right from the entrance page? Thanks,
Joe.

Old Hand
Old Hand
depends on your settings on the pollpal if using the new 5.4.5 one. Its designed to allow the admin to customize whether they want anonymous to see the poll voting, to see the answers, and to not see it all

jma
User
User
Understood. Here are the settings I have in my IIP:
Display random poll = 0 (no)
Ignore polls in sticky posts = 0 (no)
Who can see polls = 0 (everyone)

Yet the actual poll doesn't show, only the results (see for yourself on my entrance page). Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
Joe.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
these are the options that should appear for the 5.4.5 pollpal.php in the configpal.php for the pals. you most .likely have an older version installed. the values between the brackets <> are what I have set.

CURRENT POLL

Poll Board's keyword. If not specified the very last approved post with a poll in it will be used.
Note: Specifying a board to use rather than leaving blank will improve page generation times.

<name of forum>

Display a random poll? 1=yes 0=no
Note: Selecting 0 will improve speed.

<0>

Ignore polls in sticky posts? 1=yes 0=no
Note: If you don't intend on having sticky posts in the poll board then setting this to 0 will impove page generation times.

<0>

Who can see polls? 0=everyone 1=only registered users

<0>

Who can vote on polls? 0=everyone 1=only registered users

<0>

jma
User
User
Now I think I'm on to the problem -- I don't have the last question/setting in my admin view if IIP (I'd have it set to 0 if I did). But, I am on version 5.4.5. Thanks for going through this excercise with me, at least I know where to dig.
Regards,
Joe.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I uploaded a new one. you nmay wanna check it somewhere between 5.4.4 and 5.4.5 Josh forgot to add the settings for the pollpal.php. All is good now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63