Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Addict
Addict
LOL, wait til 6.5 comes out, it'll be thick knickers time then.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
The way it looks I won't be able to get 6.5 due to my membership expiring prior to it's release to the public and I'm not going to be able to renew until probably until later this summer, so they will just have to wait. I suppose I could really mess them up and install the sidebar mod and not give them a choice to use it or not use it.. In a bit of a cranky, onery mood this morning after the debacle of the templates that "caused the board to malfunction" or so they would have me think.

I have to seriously question them having any problems since I can log in as them and it works just fine. Sheesh!

Addict
Addict
Did they ever post exactly what was going on, and a step by step as requested?

- Custom Web Development
Nope, one just posted her settings. It's like pulling teeth on a 10 year old to get them to do something like that. Much easier just to keep complaining about it. So, I'm back to the standard templates with the couple of mods I did myself to change the look a bit. I may sneak them back in on them later this week and not say anything, just to see what happens. Now, I'm off to start the hacking to install the IIP sidebar hack. Had to move the computers downstairs to make the wife happy...

Addict
Addict
Well it's your site (or is it) and you set the pace. You could put them back and say "Quit whinning" lol

Here's a major site I maintain that enjoys about 18,000,000 pageviews monthly. They use my templates and no probs. Visit

- Custom Web Development
Sponsored Links
Oh yes, it's my site. I have a real bunch of whiners though for mods. You tend to get that when dealing with truckers, etc.

More than likely I'll put them back online tomorrow and like I said, just not say a word about it. It HAS to be something they are doing since as I've said, I have zero problems, even when logged in as the biggest complainer.

Addict
Addict
Hide the copy of Johnnie Paychecks song...

"Take this job and shove it.."

hehehehehehe

- Custom Web Development
Actually, I just snuck in and out real fast and when I left, VOILA! they'eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr bbbbaaaaaaacccckkk!

No one's noticed yet...hehehehehe

Addict
Addict
If they complain again, might be time for new mods....

*ducks and runs out of the room*

- Custom Web Development
Naw, I"ll just ignore 'em and put something else new on to confuse 'em...

Was going to install the sidebar mod today but got too busy with other projects. Tomorrow it's back to work so won't have much time for anything until next week now.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
I'm getting back to my beta tester duties myself, just upgraded my site to 6.5dev5

- Custom Web Development
[]J.C. said:
I'm getting back to my beta tester duties myself, just upgraded my site to 6.5dev5 [/]

Cool!

Not a peep out of the complainers this morning and they've all posted since I snuck in and put your templates back online. Perhaps they've given up. Noticed Rick Baker stopped by and registered. Probably because of the link I posted in a thread about modifying the ubbt_footer.tmpl file. He might have wanted to see what I'd accomplished. I still can't get the thing to split into 3 tables. I need to find my book on building tables as I know it's just a small thing that needs to be done.

Last edited by mitrucker; 03/18/2004 7:03 AM.
HEHEHHE, spoke too soon, one just started complaining. Tough, I like the way it looks and works so they are staying.

Still, I'd sure like to know why some are having this problem.

Addict
Addict
Until they explain what, why and where, it's heresay. Don't sweat it, just move on.

- Custom Web Development
Actually, I took them back down today. It seems the PM feature in My Home was missing?? I went in there earlier to send a PM to a moderator and it was nowhere to be found? I put the original templates back online and it reappeared? Any thoughts as to why this would happen?

Addict
Addict
Check your css, the .pm tags is set to display: none;

remove that part.

It should be explained in the readme.

- Custom Web Development
Ahhhh, ok. Good job for when I get home from work this afternoon. Have to drive a kid home to Detroit this afternoon for his weekend home visit.

Well, I upgraded to v6.4.2 yesterday and guess what? With the standard templates NO one is going to the newest post in a thread, including myself. I posted this on IP's web site to see if they have any ideas, but wanted to let you know that it's NOT your templates, which you and I knew all along. However, it's very frustrating now to have this happening to everyone with the stock stuff running...sigh.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I would like to give two thumbs up to this set of templates They look wonderful. I decided I was going to upgrade from 6.4 to 6.4.2 and I decided to give these a whirl. After modding up my board, I would say that these look absolutely beautiful:
See the beauty (and some mods)

I reccomend them. You just have to pay attention to the stylesheet part. I had to add to remove part to have the private message box put back in the myhome.tmpl and I didn't know how to fix it until reading all this thread. Makes you realize how much has been removed from the temlates. I mean, I didn't even realize the signatures were gone, and when I put them back, I had decided I'd rather they had stayed gone, so away they went.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice looking site

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Just to throw another spanner in thge works, i've been running 6.4 for a while, and installed these templates (look really good btw!) and also getting the same error, not going newest post.
myself, and my members.
much confusion!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63