Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Somewhere in my reading of one of the Modification posts, re: RaiderSoft Chat hack, there was a link to a Demo on someone's site. Below the main chat window there was an additional "row" that displayed the available emoticons which you could simply click on to insert the one of your choice. Is this a hacked feature or one that comes with the paid version? If the former, can someone tell me how it is done?

Thanks!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm not sure I've ever seen that in Raidersoft - I've seen it in JPilot though.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Josh,

Evidently there are different chat programs available through Raidersoft? I did locate the link I was referring to here: http://www.flightattendants.org/ubbthreads/sigma_chat.php?Cat=0

It does say, "Sigma Chat" in the header, but "Raidersoft" in the main chat window, which is where I probably assumed but wrongly it was the same.

Jeff

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sigma chat and raidersoft are one and the same. Raidersoft makes sigma chat.

I'd not seen that in action before - the graemlins are cool - but that's Nettmo's mod from here. (See the link below it). It's posted here somewhere.

Last edited by JoshPet; 03/06/2004 3:23 PM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Josh,

I got with Nettomo and he sent me the latest version of Raidersoft 1.5 to upgrade what I have. The graemlin/emoticon issue can wait as I have a slight problem with the upgrade.

In the "sigma_chat.php" file, I am getting this error:

Warning: main(languages//sigma_chat.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/the-highway/chat/sigma_chat.php on line 15

That line reads as: require ("languages/${$config['cookieprefix']."w3t_language"}/sigma_chat.php");

The main "sigma_chat.php" file is located at: /home/www/the-highway/chat.
The language file(s) are located at: /home/www/the-highway/forum/languages/english/

Obviously the path is wrong in the main "sigma_chat.php" file. Can you or someone tell me how this path should appear, please?

Jeff

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Actually it's just not seeing the language that you need from you cookie. If the sigma chat file isn't in your ubbthreads directory - then make sure that your cookies are set "site wide" and that you've got all the paths correct.

Once it can see your ubbthreads cookie- then it'll know what language you use.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]JoshPet said:
Actually it's just not seeing the language that you need from you cookie. If the sigma chat file isn't in your ubbthreads directory - then make sure that your cookies are set "site wide" and that you've got all the paths correct.
[/]
Okay that's easy enough if one speaks UBBT-PHPeze! []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/stupidme.gif[/]

So, how do I check if my "cookies are set site wide"?

I also tried creating a new directiory ("chat") in my ubbthreads directory and putting a copy of the "sigma_chat.php" file there, but I get the same error but with the new path.

Jeff

Power User
Power User
Click "Admin", then click "Edit config settings". Scroll down until you see this:

"If you are using cookies you can specify a path as well. Leaving this blank will make the cookies only available under the UBB.threads install directory. Setting this to / will make them available to your entire website."

Throw a single slash in the box and don't forget to click update at the bottom of the page.

A real expert will have to help with the second part of your question.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks Harold for pointing me to where the cookies issue could be dealt with. Unfortunately, I already have a "/" for that setting in Configuration. So, perhaps it isn't a cookie problem??

Jeff

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Pilgrim,
"sigma_chat.php" general statement must into the UBBT. As I gave it you need you only room the number to change, everything to the UBBT listing copy completely.

Demo: http://www.test.board.se/ubbt/sigma_chat.php?Cat=0

Nettomo

Sorry i not Englisch Babel Fish

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Nettomo,

Okay, I put a copy of the "sigma_chat.php" file in the UBBT main directory. Now the chat window opens and the "auto-login" works great. But I still get the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/www/the-highway/forum/languages/english/sigma_chat.php on line 8

Jeff

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Pilgrim,
I sent you an update.
im the languages/english one missing VARIABLE.

Nettomo

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Nettomo,

That did the trick! All is working 100% now. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/BigThumbUp.gif[/]
DANKE!!

Jeff

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63