David Lozier for original IIP, Joshpet for updating IIP

Files Altered:

editconfigpal.php and doeditconfigpal.php

New Files:

none

Database Altered:

No

Info/Instructions:

Just follow the inclosed directions, you can add more then the one I included by just adding another panel.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files. Couchtomatoe - www.couch-tomatoe.cc
My abilities are for hire for installs, upgrades, custom themes and custom modifications.
Attachments
107433-addnewspals1.0.txt (0 Bytes, 59 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks for all your work..... !!

Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice, thanks!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
scrounger,

I just now found time to try and add this "hack" that you and Chuck provided. And, I have a problem, hehe. First of all, I have (2) editconfigpal.php files. One is here: /forum/editconfigpal.php and the other is in: /forum/pals/editconfigpal.php

Secondly, neither of those files has the following nor anything below this that appears in your instructions:

#
# Find
#

B4:
<select name="newsboard4">

$newsboard4select
</select>
<br />

Am I looking at the wrong file and there is actually a 3rd, editconfigpal.php file somewhere? The "doeditconfigpal.php" file seems okay and I found that one in the /forum/pals directory and only there.

Jeff

Old Hand
Old Hand
ok should be only one editconfigpal.php

and the line should be about line 2500 or so it;s at 2577 for mine. Make sure you have version 5.4.4. If not basically look at the two files in the pals directory try to compare what I did.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
these are the exact lines

<br />
B1:
<select name="newsboard1">
$newsboard1select
</select>
<br />
B2:
<select name="newsboard2">
$newsboard2select
</select>
<br />
B3:
<select name="newsboard3">
$newsboard3select
</select>
<br />
B4:
<select name="newsboard4">
$newsboard4select
</select>
<br />

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
scroungr,

I don't know where that other editconfigpal.php file came from, but it has a bunch more "custom boxes" entries than the one in the pals directory. I deleted it and no harm no foul.

I finally found all the entries for the hack and it works fine. My copy of the editconfigpal.php file is double-spaced and I couldn't use the "find" feature for multiple lines as the hack instructions were single-spaced. It also helps when you have enough sleep behind you to realize these little and otherwise obvious things. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/duh2.gif[/]

Thanks for all your help. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/grin.gif[/]

Jeff

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm double spaced? wonder what version that is? and hmm about the one that was in your threads root it shure it wasn't just editconfig.php? and you said it had more options? hmm hope you didn't just delete it before looking at it? maybe you downloaded it here from a script and it was accidently placed in the threads rot?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Yeh, the entire script is double-spaced. With the hack added I have 7373 lines.

As far as the version of the file, at the top it says:

Integrated Index Page (IIP) Version 5.4 (January 11, 2003)

And, it is possible that I accidentally uploaded the other ediconfigpal.php file to my forum root directory, but not likely since that file has the additional "custom boxes" strings in it. That one has 8233 lines with the hack added. So, there are about 60 additional lines in that file. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/shrug.gif[/]

Here's one of the additional sections:

Code
if (!isset($index_include[0]['custombox7'])) {$index_include[0]['custombox7'] = "0";}<br />if (!isset($index_include[1]['custombox7'])) {$index_include[1]['custombox7'] = "0";}<br />if (!isset($index_include[2]['custombox7'])) {$index_include[2]['custombox7'] = "0";}<br />if (!isset($index_include[3]['custombox7'])) {$index_include[3]['custombox7'] = "0";}<br /> 

The others go from the above "custombox7" to "custombox12". And then there are other sections that are related to these items, one of which looks like this:

Code
	$CustomBox7Checked[$i] = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />	if ((!$index_include[$i]['custombox7']) || ($index_include[$i]['custombox7'] > 22)) {<br />		$CustomBox7Checked[$i] = "";<br />	}<br />	$CustomBox7Selections[$i] = $blankselection;<br />	if (($index_include[$i]['custombox7']) && ($index_include[$i]['custombox7'] < 23)) {<br />		$selectedselection = "";<br />		$psel = "";<br />		for ($p=0; $p<23; $p++) {<br />			if ($p > 0) {<br />				$psel = $p;<br />			}<br />			if ($p == $index_include[$i]['custombox7']) {<br />				$selectedselection .= "<option value=\"$p\" selected=\"selected\">$psel</option>";<br />			}<br />			else {<br />				$selectedselection .= "<option value=\"$p\">$psel</option>";<br />			}<br />		}<br />		$CustomBox7Selections[$backone] = $blankselection;<br />		$CustomBox7Selections[$i] = $selectedselection;<br />	} 

I'll let you experts figure out what this other file is and what these differences are and if they are essential.

Jeff

Old Hand
Old Hand
now see that one looks like 5.4.4 while the first one you posted sounds like just 5.4 which tyhen came 5.4.1 and then 5.4.4 and soon 5.4.5. So you may have an older IIP install.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]scroungr said:
now see that one looks like 5.4.4 while the first one you posted sounds like just 5.4 which tyhen came 5.4.1 and then 5.4.4 and soon 5.4.5. So you may have an older IIP install. [/]
Okay.... so what's involved in upgrading to the 5.4.4 version? Is it simply a matter of setting the right path in the beginning of the "editconfigpal.php" file and then uploading it to the pals directory? Are there any other updated files? Do I have to change any settings anywhere?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is all new to me.

Jeff

Old Hand
Old Hand
shouldn't have to change any settings except for what boxes you want to view and the options for each. Login your board as admin and click the IIP by David Lozier ©2004 link at the bottom of the IIP entrance page and it will take you to your options. Just write down all you settings so you can't messup. then download the 5.4.4 IIP and make sure after following the directions with the IIP 5.4.4 that it overwrites all the files in the /forums/pals directoy. then just follow the instructions that come with it and then afterwards go back into the IIP options and set all settings as you had them written down. it's basically a no brainer. Need any help let me know.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks.... I finally found what version of IPP I have and it is 5.4.3. Unless there is a MAJOR improvement in 5.4.4, I'm not that excited about doing an upgrade. (if you know what I mean, Vern?) []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/Ponder.gif[/]

Old Hand
Old Hand
basically 5.4.4 was an improvement since it included have the mods we would add to it like the custompalboxes and such but it's your call I would wait for 5.4.5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63