Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I recentrly had one of those boards covered with error messages, so I run mysql and fixed and optimized, all tables... all looked fine

But now i see one of our top posters, all his posts, and all his pm (even the onse the where delivered) just vanished. I am guessing all responses to his posts are gone too.

It is like thisu ser never existed :-(

I guess I am just commenting this as I do not think there is any way to recover from this.

Is there?

Sponsored Links
Well if you have a backup and do not mind losing a few posts you could do a restore. This is good if your only going to lose a days posts etc versus losing thousand of posts etc but if you dont have a recent backup no there is nothing you can do.

:-(
Thanks
I host the board on a dedicated server. I am supposed to have a second hard disk with automatic backups every 12 hours
But can not get to them to ask to put it back and for some very crazy reason I do not have access to that...

Is there a way for the backups that thread offers to be done automatically?

I did not back up there recently...

Thanks

There are many programs out there that can run as a cron task and backup your mysql database. A simple internet search will return many

The problem with the automatic backups on your server is knowing what to select.

Do you even know when your problem came to be?

Before you do anything make sure you configure your mysql paths in threads and do a test backup. That way if you change anything or mess anything up you have tables to restore the way things are now. You will need to verify your threads backup is working.

There are also several shell commands you can use if you have shell access?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Her dedicated server is a bit odd in it's setup and still doesn't give total control, so it seems to have the limitations of a shared host. Like the only shared account on the server.

Jane, if the user table corrupted or certain things were deleted from the database with a query, then JOINs would fail and various things can stop appearing. They may still be in the database, but simply won't appear.

For example, if you delete user #42 with a MySQL Query (or it gets deleted by corruption in the Database) then if they held the last post in any forums, those forums would disappear from the main index, and any threads they participated in would also not appear.

The missing user ids would either need to be replaced, or the IDs for that user in the various other tables would need to be changed to the #1 placeholder user.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63