Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
One nice new feature, which probably wouldn't be easy to implement, is to make Hivemail use threads usergroups, like Photopost

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
[]donJulio said:
One nice new feature, which probably wouldn't be easy to implement, is to make Hivemail use threads usergroups, like Photopost [/]

That is the main thing I'm waiting for.. that and being able to use seperate databases. There is just no way I am going to combine the two databases, the threads one is huge enough as it is

But I base everything on groups, so that is a key feature.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Another couple of suggestions of thought of, in addition to having Hivemail use .threads user groups and auto-login:
Instead of clicking on the flashing newem.gif and going to the hivemail login page, have it take the user to My Home, just like clicking on a newpm.gif indicator.

In the table that called: Message Box, add more rows for email info. Have a new tdheader classed row called "Email" and beneath it a row just like the PM rows with:
Send an Email
Emails in Inbox (read/unread)
Sent emails

Then clicking on the varous links, they would go to appropriate page within Hivemail. Obviously this depends on auto-login as well. If we could add other rows for emails in the user created hivemail folders, that would also be nice

Remember clicking on a private message takes you to the private message system the same as clicking on email takes you to hivemail

Now it should not be that hard to locate the code for PM and replicate what is needed to allow us to see how many emails we have read and not in there like PM's

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I get this error when edit my basic profile, on the changebasic.php page:
[] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hivemail_check_name() (previously declared in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php:79) in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 77 [/]

Any ideas? Also, I've noticed a change in the pm-style notification for emails. Before, hovering over the icon would make this pop up: You have x unread emails
Now it just says: You have x

BTW, the instructions for this mod will need to be updated a little bit now that 6.4 is out.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
My code is modified so that the user name is the hivemail add name so my line 77 is different from yours but the error indicates a redeclaration, therefore, try changing "require" to "require_once".

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
What file do I need to do that in? I really have no idea

Journeyman
Journeyman
Do a "find and replace" using find = "require" and replace = "require_once" on the

/home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ [:"red"] ubbthreads_plugin.php[/]

file.

Save, upload, test.

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
That wasn't it, but you did light a lightbulb in my head. I remeber there being a thing about changin require to require_once in ubbt.inc.php and I found it. I changed it and now there aren't any problmes. Thanks!

Veteran
Veteran
sorry folks, wanted to upgrade the zip for the last six month with the fix in ubbt.inc and never gone fown to actually doing it it is now updated so i think there is no bugs left.

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
cool thanx Charles

Journeyman
Journeyman
Anyone with this hack (+ many others) try the upgrade to threads 6-4?

Just wondering how big a PITA it is.

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I've got it going w/ 6.4. Sometimes when you're copying text to find from the instructions and you use the find function of your text editor, sometimes it won't find the text block. What I did in a couple of those instances is just do a search for the first few words of a block of text instead of the whole thing and I got it to work that way.

Journeyman
Journeyman
So you didn't do the "Upgrade" you went through file by file comparing differences?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Since my PHP is less than good I thought I'd throw this up on this thread...

If I can transfer the username and login or the session variables between Hive and Threads; wouldn't it be possible to integrate Threads and Hivemail with my users only having to log in once to Threads and bypass Hivemail login(currently my site is set up so that my users usernames and passwords are the same for both)?

Basically just log into Threads and use Threads as the portal to Hivemail?

Or, another possibility - since my users usernames and passwords are the same for both - have it so that when my users log into Threads have a PHP include that automatically logs them into Hivemail essentially bypassing the "Login" dialog?

The way I'm set up now is my users log into Threads, and once logged in there is a link to "E-Mail" which brings them to the Hivemail login screen where they again enter the user and pass that they just entered for Threads. The concept sounds fairly straight forward (?) with the goal being to have the link to "E-Mail" bring them right into their in box.

Any suggestions as to where I should start?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Old Hand
Old Hand
I would start with looking at two things.. the hivemail members database especially the members table and especially the members login and password fields and names.. then look at the threads database users table U_Login and U_Password fields and see just how easily you can match it up with a little script.

Journeyman
Journeyman
In my current setup the Threads username is the Hive username and the pass is the same for both as well. The way I see it there are 2 issues...

1. My users at registration, can opt out of an email address and therefore would not be in the Hive database. Not a real big deal, just an if else.

2. Catching the username and pass before it is encrypted and compared to the MySQL U_Login and U_Password fields and passing the unencrypted vars to Hivemail.

Am I correct in assuming that these are the only true issues or am I over simplifying the problem?

---[edit]-----------------------------------
I was just going through Hive files and in 'include/sessions.php' lines 79 and 80 will attempt to login a user who may not have 'loggedin' but provides a username and pass... If I 'require_once' 'hive/include/sessions.php' in the Threads 'login.php' and assign the user and pass from the Threads to the var names in the Hive 'include/sessions.php' will this enable me to start a session in Hive and allow me to do what I am trying to do or am I again oversimplifying the issue?

***** Nope ~ didn't work - figures, sounded way too easy.

---[/edit]---------------------------------

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by Tom_H; 05/25/2004 1:36 AM.
mdr #256679 09/07/2004 11:25 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
So far I have this mod updating email correctly, but now I can't get new users signed up after upgrading Hivemail to version 1.3.1.

I get this MySQL error in the error log while trying to add an email address for a test user:

[] Unable to do_query: INSERT INTO .hive_user (userid, username, password, usergroupid, skinid, realname, regdate, lastvisit, cols, birthday, options, replyto, font, timezone, soundid, domain, vbuserid, altemail, aliases) VALUES (NULL, 'alfa164', '81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055', 2, 1, '', 1094549124, 1094549124, 'a:6:{i:0;s:8:"priority";i:1;s:6:"attach";i:2;s:4:"from";i:3;s:7:"subject";i:4;s:8:"datetime";i:5;s:4:"size";}', '', USER_DEFAULTBITS, '[email protected]', 'Verdana|10|Regular|Black|None', '', 26, '@laondalatina.com', 3573, '', 'alfa164') - Unknown column 'vbuserid' in 'field list' [/]

Now I've looked into the .hive_user table in the database and vbuserid field is no longer there. There IS a field called forumuserid. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I'm sure it's a very simple fix to make this work with version 1.3.1 of Hivemail, but I can't figure this out. BTW, this error is in the adduser.php script.

****EDIT****
I've solved this by removing vbuserid and replacing it with forumuserid in the ubbthreads_plugin.php file in the hivemail includes folder. I do have a couple other MySQL errors. I'll keep working on this and post the changes that I made for everyone else.

Last edited by donJulio; 09/08/2004 12:03 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
yes that was what you were supposed to do in order to fix the error the hivemail team have changed a number of parameters in order to be more open to forum integration and not just vb.

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Charles said:
yes that was what you were supposed to do in order to fix the error the hivemail team have changed a number of parameters in order to be more open to forum integration and not just vb. [/]

Maybe you can provide some insight into this error:

[] Unable to do_query: INSERT INTO .hive_user (userid, username, password, usergroupid, skinid, realname, regdate, lastvisit, cols, birthday, options, replyto, font, timezone, soundid, domain, forumuserid, altemail, aliases) VALUES (NULL, 'test82', '', 2, 1, '', 1094619793, 1094619793, 'a:6:{i:0;s:8:"priority";i:1;s:6:"attach";i:2;s:4:"from";i:3;s:7:"subject";i:4;s:8:"datetime";i:5;s:4:"size";}', '', USER_DEFAULTBITS, '[email protected]', 'Verdana|10|Regular|Black|None', '', 21, '@laondalatina.com', 3589, '', 'test82') - Unknown column 'USER_DEFAULTBITS' in 'field list' [/]

What is USER_DEFAULTBITS? That is the only error keeping users from being able to register at the moment

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63