Veteran
Veteran

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[] don Julio you will need to add {} around the database call. [/]
Why? Everything seems to be working fine for me now. What file would I do this in anyways?

Veteran
Veteran
in doapproveuser.php because otherwise you will get an error when deleting a user in the queue.

This makes me think I forgot to put in the zip the instruction for dodeleteuser.php for deleting the email account when you delete a user.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Charles said:
in doapproveuser.php because otherwise you will get an error when deleting a user in the queue.

This makes me think I forgot to put in the zip the instruction for dodeleteuser.php for deleting the email account when you delete a user. [/]

I believe you're right about hte dodeleteuser.php, because when I deleted test users I set up, they still had their email accounts.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Just finished looking over the HiveMail 1.2.2 upgrade and line comparing the 3 change files in the integration hack. There does not seem to be any changes in the three 1.2.1 unhacked files and the 1.2.2 unhacked files.

- conclusion -

Hacks to those files should not harm the upgrade and, for that matter - it appears that you can copy your hacked files and replace the 1.2.2 upgrade files.

When my upgrade to 1.2.2 is complete I will post any complications with the hack and 1.2.2 - if in fact there are any.

I do anticipate having to run the SQL command at the bottom of the hack instructions to change the prefix...
"Replace all "vb_" parts with "ubbt_"" ... as the upgrade states that there are mySQL changes.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Post deleted by Tom_H

Journeyman
Journeyman
Charles -

Great work on the "login name" as "email address name". It works great and is exactly what I needed to make this complete for my site.

Kudos and Thank You for all your help.

Tom

Journeyman
Journeyman
There is a problem in the SQL part of the hack as combined with upgrade to 1.2.2....

Here is a sample of the SQL error given in HiveMail when checking new messages:

---ERROR---------------------------------------------------

MySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SET hm_emails = hm_emails - 1
WHERE hm_userid = 7
' at line 2
MySQL error number: 1064
Script: /hivemail/read.email.php?hivesession=6b3cbc5cf552b93379b15d3b50c41f8b&messageid=58&hivesession=6b3cbc5cf552b93379b15d3b50c41f8b
Date: September 15, 2003, 5:14 pm

Invalid query: UPDATE
SET hm_emails = hm_emails - 1
WHERE hm_userid = 7

---ERROR---------------------------------------------------

Tom

Journeyman
Journeyman
Post deleted by Tom_H

Journeyman
Journeyman
OK - I found it...

MySQL error 1064 is a parse error and since there wasn't anything blatantly wrong in the "read.email.php" hack I decided to replace the integer '1' with a variable set equal to one. It worked and now no errors. Charles please update the zip with this change as it will not affect HiveMail 1.2.1.

Here's what you need to do...

---CHANGES--------------------------------------------------

In read.email.php
Code
 <br /> ---add as the first line of actual code below the comments--- <br /> <br />$digit = 1; <br /> <br />--------------------------- <br /> <br />---then change this-------- <br /> <br />$DB_site->query("UPDATE $threadsusertable <br />	SET hm_emails = hm_emails - 1 <br />	WHERE hm_userid = $hiveuser[userid] <br />		"); <br />	} <br /> <br />---to this----------------- <br /> <br />$DB_site->query("UPDATE $threadsusertable <br />	SET hm_emails = hm_emails - $digit <br />	WHERE hm_userid = $hiveuser[userid] <br />		"); <br />	}// added var $digit <br /> <br />

---END CHANGES----------------------------------------------

With this change everything seems to be working perfectly. If I come across any more errors I will post them and hopefully post the corrections.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Charles said:
just for info: HiveMail 1.2.2 has been released today, it is a bugfix version for 1.2.1 [/]

Are there going to be any problems using this same hack w/ version 1.2.2 of Hivemail? I would hope not. I seem to have everything working correctly now and am almost afraid to tinker with any of it.

Veteran
Veteran
now since it only fixes some bugs and doesn't intervene in hacked part you should have no problems.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Charles said:
now since it only fixes some bugs and doesn't intervene in hacked part you should have no problems. [/]
Thanks! I wish Hivemail was a little more forthcoming about what's going into future version similar to the changelog for threads that Infopop maintains, as well as letting us know what bugs were fixed w/ the new version.

Journeyman
Journeyman
When editing and updating my profile I encountered this...

--ERROR----------------------------------------------------
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hivemail_check_name() (previously declared in /home/tomh68/public_html/hivemail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php:113) in /home/tomh68/public_html/hivemail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 111
--END ERROR------------------------------------------------

I have changed "require" to "require_once" in changebasic.php and editbasic.php yet still get the error.
Any suggestions?

--EDIT-----------------------------------

Happens on all users when I try to
upgrade personal settings.

--END EDIT-------------------------------

Tom

Veteran
Veteran
ok tom will look into it

Journeyman
Journeyman
The only call to hivemail_check_name() in the hacked files occurs in adduser.php line 230.

Veteran
Veteran
try using require once in ubbt.inc.php

Journeyman
Journeyman
BINGO!

Nice work Charles - It is nice to know that I was on the right track.

Should I change the other files back to 'require' or leave them 'require_once'?

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I've upgraded hivemail to version 1.2.2 and it's still working like a charm Just remember that you have to replace vb_ with ubbt_ in the login template because the upgrade script reverts it back to the original version.

Journeyman
Journeyman
donjulio -

Did you need to make the variable change in read.email.php - or did yours work without the change?

Mine needed the fix because I was getting and error when attempting to read new emails - just wondering if yours did the same?

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Hola Tom,
I didn't have to make any changes to any of the variables. For me everything is working fine

Journeyman
Journeyman
And you've checked new emails?

Man - I must have done something wrong. It's working great now though.

Tom

Veteran
Veteran
[]Tom_H said:
BINGO!

Nice work Charles - It is nice to know that I was on the right track.

Should I change the other files back to 'require' or leave them 'require_once'?

Tom [/]Tom, it does not make a difference you can leave require once

OK, is this integration good to go now? Has the zip been updated to reflect all the changes that have been made over the last few days?

Thanks and I am really looking forward to this!!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]BWilliams said:
OK, is this integration good to go now? Has the zip been updated to reflect all the changes that have been made over the last few days?

Thanks and I am really looking forward to this!! [/]

Yes! The ubbthreads_plugin.php file works perfectly, and even has been updated to only check the inbox for new email. The ubbthreads.sql is now correct. The only thing is to replace vb_ w/ ubbt_ in the login template, because upgrading to 1.2.2 resets the templets to default.

Addict
Addict
Since the bugs are looking to be finally squeezed out... does this work with seperate databases? Or is that going to require more hacking?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Jeremy -

My DB('s) are/is combined - I deployed that way so I don't know if you're going to run into problems or not. If I'm not mistaken so is donjulio's. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Tom

Veteran
Veteran
It should work as long as you have the same name/pass for both.

I did some testing on my server but never on a live site.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
A new error Charles:

Ok. Everything seemed to be working well (and you can argue it still is). I went into my profile (editbasic.php) to change my avatar and after clicking on the button at the bottom (I think it said "Continue") I got this error on the next page (changebasic.php):
[] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hivemail_check_name() (previously declared in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php:79) in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 77 [/]
I don't know what this means, but it can't be good. The strange thing is that the avatar was changed. I don't know what the problem is. The option to sign up for email doesn't even appear in the editbasic.php page because I already have a Hivemail account. Any ideas?

Journeyman
Journeyman
BTDT

[]Charles said:
try using require_once in ubbt.inc.php [/]

As opposed to "require" - just use "find and replace"

If that doesn't work do the same to editbasic.php and changebasic.php

Tom

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Tom_H said:
BTDT

[]Charles said:
try using require_once in ubbt.inc.php [/]

As opposed to "require" - just use "find and replace"

If that doesn't work do the same to editbasic.php and changebasic.php

Tom [/]

That did the trick! Thanks!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I would like the opinion of those of you that have Threads and Hivemail:

Do you like having the Hivemail templates in the database, or do you think they would be better off with the templates outside the database, similar to threads? Or does it not make a difference to you?

I personally wish they weren't in the database. I think editing them would be simpler if they weren't, plus if any of us were to create new template sets to have hivemail match threads, it would be easier to share if they were in a folder in the hivemail folder, instead of in the database. What do you think?

Veteran
Veteran
well you can always export all templates to a file in order to edit them.

note it will be hard to have it fully integrated to threads without rewriting most of it since you would need to make it use threads HTML building capabilities.

so to integrate ...

Use the same header/footer
use the same css colors

Journeyman
Journeyman
Just wanted to let everyone know my integration has been doing great.

I added a mail link to the Threads nav bar and a Threads link to the Hivemail nav - once logged on, my users can flip back and forth as they need/want to. Still working on styling Hivemail to look like my Threads, but the mechanics are fine.

Anyone looking to do this mod should read through the thread. I believe that Charles has kept on top of the zip and all should be ready to go.

Good Luck - it's worth it.

$.02

Tom

Just a couple of notes on this hack.

This hack is for only experienced hackers.

This hack still has problems if the threads and hivemail table's are not in the same database.

The PM icon does not work on the threads end.

Even though as I read through Charles's replies and he is sure everything is right the PM does not work on threads end.

Veteran
Veteran
huh this is correct since we DO NOT send a PM so you can't possibly get one ... But you should have a second image just for mails.

now did you download one of the latest version? I think the hack was quite updated since you installed it and I did fix a number of bugs.

the only thing that needs to be added to the actual zip is the require_once in ubbt.inc

multiple databases was only a test but it worked for me when I used same login password for both.

Charles,

I got it working. The hack does not work right when there are separate databases. This is still an issue. However I got the icon working. Was a minor error. When I signed up for the account as a test it was still on two databases and it actually inserted me into the hive databases twice However I deleted one. The hm_userid was set to the last one not the true one. Once I corrected that it worked fine.

No problems since combinding the databases.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Another suggestion I have for the next version of this modification (other than automatic login to Hivemail from Threads ) is this:

When a person changes their password in their profile in threads, and they have a Hivemail account, then the password for both services should be changed. Of course w/ automatic login, this wouldn't be useful. But you never know, someone may want to read email only w/o going through threads. It's probably also easier to code than automatic login

Veteran
Veteran
this is the designed behaviour already, updating your threads pass should also update the hivemail one

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Ok. I didn't know that. Thanks

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63