Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
well then Zarzal that would be threads frame thing

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
I have a little enhancement request

I notice that you can setup the language of photopost in its config setup. But this is a generic setup for all users. Will it be possible to display photopost in this language what the user have choosen in UBB so the gallery shows the selected useralnguage and not the default one what is setup in photopost ? Languagestrings seems to be avaible in photopost language directory.

This hack has been updated for Photopost 4.6

Zarzal,

The Photopost Language structure and Threads are completely different. There are not different language selections for both products. There is not an easy way to select the language to change with a user's language. Now I take it you know how to change Photopost's langauage type?

Old Hand
Old Hand
Question is .. what was changed from 4.5 to 4.6

As far as Photopost many things. You can see the many changes on their site.

Basically if you are updating Photopost then you update it and reapply this mod by doing the following to upgrade

1. reapply the hack part to pp-inc.php and adm-inc.php

2. Upload the modified 4.6 templates

As you upgrade each version of Photopost you need to reapply at lease this portion of the mod as pp-inc.php changes with each version and the templates as they change also.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
/Edit: some Notes

first take care if you get the proper update of photopost. I get an old archive first with an old upgrade.php. After getting a new archiv my databaseproblems are gone.

second: the is a third line to modify in feature.tmpl that point to main.inc.php from ubbthreads. Serverpath is setup properly too.

third: in your hacking instruction for pp-inc.php there are some differences due the changed scripts in 4.6.
You wrote:

Find:
$menu = "<font class="onbody">";
$menu2 = "<font class="onbody">";

Replace with:
$menu = "<font class="menubar">";
$menu2 = "<font class="menubar">";

I only found:
$menu = "<font class="small">";
$menu2 = "";

I replaced this and it seems to work.

/Edit 2: how do I bring it to work with user selected languages ? I get only english. Should this be fixed in 4.6 ?

Last edited by Zarzal; 12/18/2003 5:41 AM.
Zarzal if you want Photopost to work in German than modify your Photopost config file and specify langauage of german. I am saying Photopost is not configured to change on the fly but you can indeed set the language in the config file.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Omegatron, got this installed and it looks wonderful!

Thanx

Addict
Addict
Is this compatible with 4.6?

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
Beleive I answered that a few posts above

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Plus it's got 6.4 in the subject line.

[]JoshPet said:
Plus it's got 6.4 in the subject line. [/]
That doesn't answer whether or not its compatible with 4.6 though.

Yes but about 6 posts up it says so in post #102307

plus the first post with attachment has been updated and reflects that it has the 4.6 updated templates as well

Oh, photopost 4.6. My bad.

Ah God dont start doing the DLWEB icon thingy

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
LOL
I'm getting dyslexic and saw 4.6 as ubbthreads 6.4. I need a vacation.

Old Hand
Old Hand
thats ok I saw it as Ubbthreads 4.6 and I was like WTF is working with such an in adequate board!

Veteran
Veteran
I just believe everything Josh types - life is easier like that

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Old Hand
Old Hand
ok Ian_W in case ya missed it Josh typed that you should give me 1 million dollars..

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
My webhost had to move my site to another server a few days ago....however, he made a costly mistake and so have I.

He accidentally had deleted all my files with the exception of my databases. My mistake was that I did not have an up to date backup of the entire site.

I've since uploaded all the files that I had locally and I've been fixing my PhotoPost Integration and I have some comments and questions for ya Chuck on this integration.

I run UBB.Threads v6.4 and I have PhotoPost v4.6 installed.

While going back through the instructions...

Open adm-inc.php

Find:

$stylesheet = "<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$Globals['maindir']}/stylesheets/default.css" type="text/css" />";

This code is not found and maybe this is due to PhotoPost v4.6 having changed this code. At any rate, I did find this code and made the proper changes:

$stylesheet = "<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$Globals['maindir']}/stylesheets/{$Globals['theme']}.css" type="text/css" />";

The next part:

Open pp-inc.php

Find:

require "config-inc.php";

if ( !isset($PP_PATH) || empty($PP_PATH) ) $PP_PATH = ".";

if ( !isset($pplang) || empty($pplang) ) $pplang = "english";

require "$PP_PATH/languages/$pplang/pp-inc.php";

Now, with this file I'm unsure if you want us to edit the provided pp-inc.php in your attachment or if you want us to edit the provided pp-inc.php file that is provided with PhotoPost...?

This too is different:

Find and delete this line:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$Globals['maindir']}/stylesheets/default.css" type="text/css" />

Again, not sure if we are to edit the provided file in your attachment or the provided file from PhotoPost. At any rate, looking at the provided file from PhotoPost I cannot find this code, but I did find this and deleted it:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$Globals['maindir']}/stylesheets/{$Globals['theme']}.css" type="text/css" />

I also do not know if you want me to add the provided files in your attachment (login-inc.php, slideshow.php) to the PhotoPost directory...?

And as I've mentioned....I've had to reload files and reinstall some... After uploading the latest files I had of my PhotoPost and playing with the hack, I've had to work through many problems but I've seemed to have gotten most of it all worked out now. My latest challenge is after a user uploads a file.

I'll walk through the steps.

1. User clicks on Upload Images. (no probs)
2. User fills in proper data to upload and clicks on Upload/Submit. (Here's where the problem lies)

I cannot figure out why it passes the link to my gallery and then immediately following the gallery url it adds the url that it should be passing:

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/ubbthreads/gallery/http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/ubbthreads/gallery/bulkupload.php?ppaction=addphotos&do=preview&photopath=3&upuser=Gonzo&notify=&defcat=500&deftitle=&defdesc=&numprocess=10&processall=

If I edit the url taking out what's in red, the software will process the file(s) as it's suppose to.

[:"red"]http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/ubbthreads/gallery/[/]http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/ubbthr...fdesc=&numprocess=10&processall=

Why is it passing this url in the format it is? This is the last error I have to work with and it's kicking me in the tail...

Thanks....

Well your last error is no doubt a configuration error on your part installing Photopost 4.6

Now yes the <link statements 4.6 added the global theme call.

I dont know why you keep saying whether I want you to edit the included file or your own. I do not include the files to edit. The hack includes a set of directions and the template files.

This is what is in the instructons

Open pp-inc.php

Find:

require "config-inc.php";

if ( !isset($PP_PATH) || empty($PP_PATH) ) $PP_PATH = ".";

if ( !isset($pplang) || empty($pplang) ) $pplang = "english";

require "$PP_PATH/languages/$pplang/pp-inc.php";

Insert Below this and set path to main-inc.php:

/// Require the library. Edit the path to the
// main.inc.php file if necessary.
require ("/PATH/TO/main.inc.php");
require ("/PATH/TO/templates/default/tbopen.tmpl");
require ("/PATH/TO/templates/default/tbclose.tmpl");

// If you use IIP's sidebar you may want to uncomment the line below
// to disable the sidebar on Photopost pages
// $config['iip_call'] = 1;

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]Omegatron said:I dont know why you keep saying whether I want you to edit the included file or your own. I do not include the files to edit. The hack includes a set of directions and the template files.
[/]

Chuck, if you open your attachment for the hack you'll find there are three .php files, which are: login-inc.php, pp-inc.php, and slideshow.php.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Chuck, my problem I was having with my PhotoPost has been finally narrowed down to my uploadphoto.php file. Got her fixed up.

I opened the hack which is attached here and there is one file the installation instructions and three directories with templates each marked with there version.

I see you mean the php files in the template directory LOL those are there by mistake. No you modify your files. The only files you upload that I provide are the templates thats it.

Lurker
Lurker
Thanks for this wonderful modification. After many dumb mistakes on my part, I have it installed. My problem is that I cannot get the login integrated. My forums are at http://www.sbhonline.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0 and my photo gallery is at http://www.sbhonline.com/photopost46%20-%20folder/

(You can use login name Tester and password testing if this helps)

A user shows up as logged in for threads but doesn't show up logged in for Photopost - any thoughts?? Many thanks.

KLB

Use Phpmyadmin and go into your Photopost settings table and make sure setting 41 says threads for the setting. I would suspect you have not selected the proper setting for the board you use.

Lurker
Lurker
Sad but true - I went into PHPMYADmin and tried to find seting 44 but have no idea what you are referring to - can you provide any more guidance?

Thanks,

KLB

In Phpmyadmin in your photopost database check your settings table and as I said 41 not 44 make sure it is set to threads. It will be the setting that says user database.

...or in your photopost edit options (in the photopost admin panel) you can type the following:

Where it asks you: User Registration System
Enter the following: threads

This, coming from a complete newbie. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chuck.

Jason

LOL Your not wrong but missing something important.

Yes the user can change the user database setting in the Photopost admin section under options. CORRECT

However if you have it set wrong and can not login how are you expect to be able to login and change it to the right one.

Thus using PhpMyAdmin and correcting the setting is the normal way to do it. I can not tell you how many times people installing Photopost forget to set the correct user system.

There is a third way to do this as well. You can always upload the install.php file and rerun install on a new install and make sure you select the proper user registration on that last install step from the drop down box.

Lurker
Lurker
I have it set correctly and can log in to Photopost. The problem is that if I am logged into the forum and link over to Photopost I am not logged into Photopost (the way you are if you click on the link to Photo post above). The top menu bar shows you logged into the forum but the lower menu bar does not show you logged in? Make any sense? Any solution?

Check your settings. Make sure cookies are set site wide in both Threads and Photopost / Make sure if you use a cookie prefix it is set right. Make sure you cookie domain in Photopost is set right. I know I have mine empty on this setting since it creates login issues.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
UBB.Threads v6.4
PhotoPost v4.6
-----------------

I have made a few of my photo albums marked being 'Private Album', but for some reason...the pictures that I've stored in these Photo Albums are showing up for all users of the board.

Any thoughts on this one?

For Photopost support please post over there. Also more information on the exact problem would help. I have posted over in the photopost thread you started.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Dayum, I can run but I can't hide from you!

You're like the Secret Agent Man....

Yea, I figured that I would post on both locations as I wasn't sure if this was a hack issue or if it is going to be a PhotoPost wide issue.

Never-the-less, I'll continue this challenge on PhotoPost's site.

This hack changes nothing in Photopost except pulls the header and stylesheet from threads.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Mmmmmm....been thinking on this one. Okay, when a user visits my website, www.f-bodyhideout.com , they view the site that I put together using html. I have a "Featured F-Body" on the upper right hand corner that I have to manually put up there each time I want another car in there.

** Remember, I'm a dork with this php and html schtuff **

Is there anyway to bring in some of the php code to grab a picture randomly from PhotoPost's database and input it on my html site?

That would be great if this can happen because I'm sure getting tired of manually changing the "Featured F-Body" each time...

Thanks guys...

Why don't you work with the Photopostpal 1.3 pal box mod in forum design integration. include that in a html file.

[]###
### In ubbthreads - put this in the headers-include include:
### [/]

I put that from my admin panel into header-insert ?

What does this part do ?

Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63