Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Power User
Power User
I'm currently using Threads under a windows environment and am in the process of converting my server over to Red Hat 9 (Shrike). I am able to successfully setup threads as a fresh installation under linux. However, whenever I import a threads database, things break all of a sudden. I always get a page full of these errors:

Code
<br />Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 131<br />SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators<br />

I'm not sure why this happens only on import. Is there something I have to do when converting from a windows based mysql to a linux based?

I'm using the following versions:
mySQL : mysql Ver 12.20 Distrib 4.0.13, for pc-linux (i686)
PHP Version 4.2.2
Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
how are you trying to import it? Via command line, or phpMyAdmin?

Power User
Power User
I'm doing it by command line. First I drop the database that was created from the "fresh install". The steps are approximately:

mysqladmin drop WWWThreads
mysqladmin create WWWThreads
mysql WWWThreads < WWWThreads.dump

I can access the imported threads with phpMyAdmin, and the config scripts are staying the same as far as the user/pass that has access to the database.

Power User
Power User
After doing some more searching here on the forums, I found a tip from Navaho that shows more information about the error. The tip can be found at this link (Showing details when admin cant login)

Here is a more detailed error message:
Code
 <br />SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_FrontPage, U_Groups, U_TimeOffset,U_Display,U_Favorites,U_WhichForums,U_Categories,U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = '' <br />Table 'WWWThreads.w3t_Users' doesn't exist <br />

I doublechecked, and the table is there. I did notice one thing. In the code above, w3t_Users, the users is capitalized. When I view the database in MyPhpAdmin, it shows up in all lowercase, w3t_users.

Could this be the problem? And, if so, how do I change the database to match up? Thanks again

Last edited by hatter; 07/08/2003 10:49 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Something to check is if the fields are properly labled as far as case goes. On windows it doesn't matter becuase w3t_AddressBook = w3t_addressbook but on Linux it does not.

Here's a related link:

https://ubbdev.com/forum/showfl...collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1

Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Thanks! I'm sure now that this is the problem!!!

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Your welcome. Thanks to Omegatron too. I was aware of this solution just never got around to posting it... lol

Oh God this issue again. Yeah that one really got me a while back. Glad to see the SQL LIST will do some good.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, this has bit me before.

Power User
Power User
Thanks Omegatron, I was really pulling my hair out over that!

Sponsored Links
If I had hair to pull out I would have been doing the same when I went through that issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63